Restored Highkeep Guild Hall

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Afista, Mar 24, 2014.

1. Feara Well-Known Member

I like your idea Katz.

I checked out the Guild this morning. I do think they did an excellent job and it is a wonderful change. It is not a style that I desire for my Crafting Guild. It is missing the charm, the beauty and the simplicity that I would like to have for a Crafting Guild. Something that gives a little more reflection of all the grand crafting adventures. So I won't be striving for this one nor sinking my plat into it.
    Avahlynn likes this.
  2. Avahlynn Well-Known Member

No one begrudges anyone else a new hall, but had this been announced only those with their coldain shawl, hands of the maker, Othmir shell, and earring of the solstice all equipped could see the drops needed for the new hall, I doubt it would've gone over well.
  3. Mae- Well-Known Member

Uh oh.. .what's the Othmir shell? I thought I had done all the big TS quests lol.
  4. Avahlynn Well-Known Member

5. Rotherian Well-Known Member

How about they put in a crafting way to do it, but make it the reward for the guild crafting 250,000 to 1,000,000 total items (beginning with the date upon which that way is introduced)? That way, there will be a way that a guild can earn it without relying upon adventurers, but crafters who want to shortcut the process can still work out terms with adventurers to craft their way to getting the guild hall.
  6. Moonpanther Well-Known Member

I'm going to agree with Jazz on this. I, too, would like to see less developer decorating done on both guild hall offerings and the houses in general.
    Naudi and Avahlynn like this.
  7. Mae- Well-Known Member

You realize that even on your low end of 250k items, if you craft an item every 30 seconds, for 4 hours a day (that's ALOT of crafting tbh) it would take 520 days for a single person? I guess with 10 people crafting 4 hours a day every day non stop, it's still 52 days.
  8. Juraviel Active Member

Very disappointed with this as well. I've been growing more and more disappointed with a lot of things SOE have been doing lately, especially in EQ2, but was looking forward to this guild hall. We run several themed guilds ( roleplay and crafting ) and one of them would fit perfectly into that hall. Unfortunately, while we have almost 100 accounts in that guild, we are very casual and would not be able to put together a group to run HKC. Many of our folks don't even do the adventuring quests or have end game characters geared out even though we've been together since 2009. We can *barely* handle the advanced solo ToV instances and only a couple of those. at that. :(
    Alenna and Mae- like this.
  9. Rotherian Well-Known Member

With 100 crafting it, it is 5.2 days. With 50, it is 10.4 days. With 25, it is 20.8 days.

However, the idea was not for the crafting requirement to replace the current one, the idea was for it to co-exist with that one as a pure crafting option (that wouldn't rely on adventurers for the materials). That would mean that each guild would have three choices:
    • Run the adventuring zones until they reach the stated goal through adventuring.
    • Craft stuff (using adventurer-supplied components).
    • Craft things ad nauseum until they reach the stated crafting goal solely through the efforts of their crafters.
    Furthermore, any goal in the game worth achieving generally operates according to the following paradigm:
    [IMG]
    If the guild chooses the first option, it is kinda quick and pretty cheap - although it is anything but easy, especially if you are doing PUGs to get it. If the guild chooses the second option, they get it kinda quick (it might take longer than the first option by virtue of the fact that it will take some time for sufficient quantities of the components to be available) and easy (crafting is tedious, but it isn't hard) - however, it won't be cheap. If the guild chooses the third option, it is easy (tedious; not hard) and cheap - but it isn't at all quick.
    knightowl and Naudi like this.
  10. Ruckus Well-Known Member

Kind of reminds me of the 75000 pristine combine achievement. You'd have to do 100 combines a day for 750 days. If it was account wide and all the combines were added up, that I could deal with, only because I have 8 crafters. Soloing 75000 pristine combines on my main character...not.gonna.happen.
  11. Beyoncia Well-Known Member

Ok, It's your choice how to play ofcourse. But why should a guild, that doesn't adventure, have the same things as a guild, that "spends its blood" fighting with monsters? You are crafters,collectors, decoraters, traders and so on, you can't have things accesible only with weapons, unless you want to hire mercenaries to work for you. That is what we basicly see: you need to buy tokens.

Just look at the HK guild hall lore. At first you had to clear it from goblins, then from undeads, some of them are x2 and x4. You can't do it without fighting. Without people who have cleared it, we are not able to have this GH. So I trully support SOE here. You have a chance for the GH, but you have to "hire" other people to clear the zone for you. You can even literally hire them, invite to the guild, pay them money to do the job, to run the zone ....and then fire them out when it's done. Or you can pay to another 5 adventures to carry you through the zone, there are many possibilities...

But, on the other hand, I agree there should be things that only crafters can make at first. Another GH, for example, that requires runing craft instances, doing some craft deeds, that need to be build, in other words.
  12. Malleria Well-Known Member

There is no lore behind the HK hall. Neither of the HK combat zones we're able to go to are even in our 'thread'. We're not clearing out the undead and taking over.
  13. Beyoncia Well-Known Member

Then how do you get it? Why are we to visit HK:C to get our Restored HK guild hall?:)
  14. Malleria Well-Known Member

Ok, then let's assume you're right. That means that the boat that leaves commonlands docks either teleports between realities, or takes us into the dragon afterlife and into the tear to another reality.

Yeeeeeeea, which is the least plausible now? :p
  15. Beyoncia Well-Known Member

Yes, I've thought about it and I I'm sure it's in Norrath. We have possibly relocated\returned it somehow to our demension( by gathering these tokens?). It's the only explanation I can imagine:)
    But ofcourse there are alot of questions.
  16. Kuulei Well-Known Member

I am an adventurer and a crafter. I have an alt guild with all my crafters in it and it will be quite awhile before I see this for my alt guild. Again leaving the crafters at the mercy and prices of adventurers, they put something the crafters want in the game that will undoubtedly take a long time to raise your achievement status to be able to purchase the hall.

Solution:
    1. They need to come up with a crafting instance daily and / or weekly (prefer weekly), not unlike the far seas instances.
    2. This crafting instance should reward not only a set number of "High Keep Heartstones" (I am thinking 5-10 but not more than 20), but also a chest at the end that can reward 1-5 shattered heart stones and some coin.
    3. The more I think about this, the more I like the thought of a HK crafting weekly, making supplies to hold back the goblins!
    If its too much to ask for such an endeavor, you really need to look at another way to allow crafters to earn either High Keep Heartstones or the shattered version for crafting in to High Keep Heartstones.
  17. Alenna Well-Known Member

End reward for the crafting questline at teh beginning of Great Divide.
  18. Mae- Well-Known Member

A guild hall is NOT an adventuring reward. I am totally for adventuring rewards being tied to adventuring, and don't expect to earn that stuff by crafting on my alts. But a guild hall is for GUILDS, not ADVENTURING guilds, just guilds. So yes, it should be attainable by means other than adventuring, as there are guilds for more reasons than just adventuring, as shown by the post you quoted. That guild is 5 years old, and you act like their guild doesn't deserve the same things your guild does just because they don't do the same things you do.
    Afista, Voraga, Juraviel and 3 others like this.
  19. High Elf Active Member

With all the crafters on this thread I thought this would be a good place to ask. How do you get the recipe for turning a "Shattered High Keep Heartstone" into a "Restored High Keep Guildhall Deed"?

I've tried to search for this information but have not found it. Also, does a guild need only one of these deeds to get he guild hall? And, the rest can be sold or traded?
  20. Anghammarad Well-Known Member

It's a new Apprentice recipe that needs to be learned from him/her/it. It's down in the level 30 stuff and takes 5. something days to complete if not prodded daily to learn faster.
    High Elf likes this.