Restored Highkeep Guild Hall

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Afista, Mar 24, 2014.

1. Voraga New Member

Have to disagree with you on one point Wolf, not everyone has 15mil sitting in their banks. However on AB the shattered tokens have already appeared at a price of 55plat each or about 425k plat for the 7500 tokens! Honestly I would have liked something more like the quest line for when Guild Halls first came out (make it like Gathering Obsession to keep people from buying the materials) for crafters to earn tokens, or having to rebuild walls and the like (ie craft them) but yea I see your point about right now its going to cost non-raid style guilds a ton to get the tokens to unlock the tier 3 and 4 halls.

Personally I want the Tier 4 for my guild, we have about 50-60 accounts ranging from level 30 to 95, clearing HKC on a regular basis just isn't viable with all the other activities our guild does. So I feel like because of our playstyle that my guild is being cheated out of having the type of hall we want, and that makes me sad and angry about SOE's decision because they claimed it would be available to all playstyles in the end it seems like an out and out lie on their part :(
    Avahlynn likes this.
  2. Avahlynn Well-Known Member

This was a bad call, SOE team. I toured the new hall. It's nice. If one likes palatial spaces that go on and on...and on.

A. A lot of people are already tired of cavernous guild halls that are the size of a football stadium.
    B. There have been so many threads asking for ways to personalize the guilds we DO have, or to get a few new models to choose from.
    C. Many people have suggested a New Halas style, or a Maj'dul style, and of a size comparable to city six room houses. Most of us don't want to run five minutes just to get to the craft stations, or need a map to navigate the place.
    D. How this new hall is obtained? A joke. Had you released at the same time a similar hall for craft writs (Your queen/overlord's army needs this huge amount of supplies, please do 2000 writs and you can be awarded a new hall) then it would be much more fair.
    Afista likes this.
  3. Feara Well-Known Member

And much more exciting...

...for me anyway.
    Juraviel, Naudi and Avahlynn like this.
  4. Wolfboar New Member

Voraga, Sorry I was being sarcastic about the 15 mil in plat.

I'm glad to see that the price is only 55p each on AB. I'm on Permafrost which is not as heavily populated so prices will probably be over inflated. I will have to check and see how much they are going for there.

Wolf
  5. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

Tokens will drop in price rapidly once the adventure guilds have their achievement/halls.

Yes the Primary way to get them is adventuring, but then there is a secondary way of getting them, crafting.
    Not everyone takes part in every aspect of the game no, but that doesn't mean you should be entitled to everything straight away.

Prices WILL drop for the tokens, give it a month and I bet they are like 1p each or less on the broker. (7500p for a guild hall, isn't 'too' bad).
  6. Mae- Well-Known Member

It's only 7500p more than other guilds have to pay, that's all...

Again, not saying that I'm not willing to work for it for my alt guild. Heck I'd be willing to work for months towards it. The fact is, I don't even have that opportunity because it's only for high level, geared adventure players. My alt guild just isn't that. I can craft, i can harvest, i can explore and do solo quests on those toons, but I can't do HKC, so I'm left forking over plat to other players to get it.
    Alenna, Juraviel and Avahlynn like this.
  7. Katz Well-Known Member

I encourage the developers to have an event such as when the original guild halls came out. This event could introduce new guild halls that are smaller and more geared to the decor of the towns that they are in. I'd also like ways to "earn" status reduction for guild halls.

Edit:
    I checked and my guild has almost 3 years worth of plat in escrow but only 22 weeks worth of status points. I'd really love to do something to reduce the status costs.
    Alenna, Voraga and Avahlynn like this.
  8. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

7500p VS the Grinding to get the token things.

Its not like adventurers are getting the guild hall for free either, they are having to put in a lot of time/effort to get such things.
    Are you also trying to tell me that you don't have a single toon you can do HK:C on? It doesn't even have to be your toon in the alt guild, IF, you collect the tokens you can craft.
    Either way SoE were never going to win. A guild with 1 person and 30 crafters to do daily writs, should not be able to achieve the same task as 30 players all doing a daily mission requiring group effort in a group zone.

What they 'could' do though, is revisit the idea of the group Tradeskill zones. Those ones where if you did them solo they took ages, but with 9 people it was quick. Add those in, give a reward of 10 tokens per person completing it and be done with it.
    This would favour group activity like the heroic content does, while at the same time giving a crafting alternative. Giving tokens per person involved would also help in regards to stopping 1 person with 30 crafters, doing it quicker than 10 people with 1 crafter each.
    Alenna, Quillyne, Mae- and 1 other person like this.
  9. Mae- Well-Known Member

I am actually trying to do it now as often as I can. Difficult with a not-quite 3 month old and a toddler running around tho lol! Got 3 today... only 7497 left to get!

This is a great idea!
    Quillyne likes this.
  10. Kristabella Well-Known Member

Instead of everyone going back and forth about how it can be obtained, and who can obtain it and for how much, why has no one just put it down here in plain English, in the steps necessary?

Like;
    1. go here
    2. get this
    3. talk to this npc
    4. buy this
    5. get this guild achievement
    a. how to get the achievements needed
    6. buy the deed
    7. move in

Wouldn't it be easier if SoE, just stated what to do, instead of haggling back and forth with all this confusion?

if it is different for raid guilds, than it is for a crafting guild, say what the differences are and how to achieve it for each.
  11. Mae- Well-Known Member

Have you read the thread? it's stated in here, a quote from the patch notes. You need 7500 Highkeep Heartstones for T2, and 10k for T3. Heartstones are attained through quests in the zone, daily and weekly quests as well. Shattered heartstones drop in the zone and are tradeable. These are used in a recipe that is researched (level 30, all crafters) to turn them into the regular Heartstones. The heartstones update the Achievement, they are not items. Only the shattered ones are items that you can trade. Once you get the achievement, you can just go to the bell and buy it (I believe, that is how it worked before the achievement was changed).
  12. Wolfboar New Member

Actually they wont drop not that low. Those who have the ability to get the stones will hold the supply and they will charge whatever they think is what the market will accept. This means those that can will get the achievement and the hall and those that cant get to suck eggs. It is just another way for SOE to appease the minority in the game. It is like the research apprentices. Apprentice Yelnar's prism still sells for over 2k plat on my server even though those that have him and can get his prism again still own the supply and charge a small fortune for him.

Its not about getting things right away or being entitled, it is about the ability to get it at all. For SOE to try to force us to play the game how they want us to play instead of how we want and can play (as not everyone has the time to dedicate to finding PUGs or raid) this continues to be disheartening. I left EQ because there was nothing I could do in game. I had a cleric there and spent hours trying to find groups to no avail and when I did, I died more often than not because the groups were not that good. So with nothing to do, I left. If this is how the game is going to proceed then I will play my way as long as I can then leave for something else. something non SOE as they will eventually decide I need to play their way or not at all as they will only release content for their play style.

Currently the shattered heartstones are going for 550p on my server. And I dare say that they will only go up in price as guilds get the achievement.

How about everyone else?? It would be interesting to continue to chart how expensive these things get.
    Alenna likes this.
  13. Mae- Well-Known Member

I collected 5 shattered Heartstones today... if i do that every day, it will only take me 1500 days!

P.S. that was like 3 hours of time in HK =(
  14. Buffrat Well-Known Member

I got 30 or 40 tokens today just logging in once every hour to kill one named and four trash mobs, 4 or 5 times. Named almost always drop 3-10 tokens each and trash seems to drop 1 at a 20%ish rate. They're so easy to get. No, your solo/crafting guild won't be able to get a hk hall for cheap, but the zone is still so easy a guild group with even 0 gem potent gear should be able to breeze through it.
  15. Mermut Well-Known Member

I don't think Mae is asking to get the GH 'cheap'... she seems to be asking to be able to EARN the GH rather then have to buy it.
    Carthalis, Afista, Shmogre and 4 others like this.
  16. Darkon Well-Known Member

You can earn it by cruising through contested high keep with a guild group. You can also earn it by crafting, selling your crafted items, and then buying the tokens. You can also earn it by trading crafts for the tokens. You can earn it by doing any number of things. I like it.
  17. Alenna Well-Known Member

yes but you need a component only dropped in high keep contested to craft it which means that crafters are dependent on adventures selling that component or have enough 95 advertures who can give that crafting guild the component thier is not TRUE Crafting way to get the tokens.
    Mermut, Afista and Avahlynn like this.
  18. Alenna Well-Known Member

you got yours as an adventurer not crafter. Mae is asking for a crafting quest or wasy to get the tokens not one dependent on adventurers. She wants to earn it.
    tokens from Adventures there no True crafter ways of getting the tokens.
    Mermut, Naudi and Avahlynn like this.
  19. Mae- Well-Known Member

And what happens when adventurers get tired of farming heart stones and stop selling them, and I still need several thousand because of the rarity of people offering them for sale?
    Alenna, Naudi and Avahlynn like this.
  20. Niscandia New Member

After getting into game and taking a look at prices, and calculating out the cost (in plat) for a crafting guild to actually get the hall. I would prefer if this guild hall was left as a Station Market item. Those that actually want it could get it, those that don't care would ignore it. But this requirement of "Must have a Level 95 adventurer" is annoying. And these broken stones, are not a suitable method of a crafting guild to acquire the hall. The stones are only suitable for allow a low level crafter to help an ADVENTURING guild get the hall, not any other guilds.

I rarely post on any forums, but on this topic I had to make a reply. As this is for the capped adventures and the crafting part is a joke.
    Alenna, Naudi, Carthalis and 4 others like this.