Restored Highkeep Guild Hall

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Afista, Mar 24, 2014.

1. Feara Well-Known Member

All this talk is getting me pretty excited. To think of a possible Crafting Guild earning crafting guild achievements, hmmm...

The possibilities are endless.
    Juraviel and Avahlynn like this.
  2. Katz Well-Known Member

Somewhat disappointing but I suppose there must be an extremely high percentage of the players that are in raiding guilds and would want to have this hall.
  3. Caith Developer

You do not obtain the High Keep Guildhall via raiding, the achievement that is currently on test has some incorrect data in it that may lead to that conclusion, however that is not the case.

The Achievement is required, how the achievement is gained was what was still being decided at the time this hit test. The High Keep Guildhalls will be available to guilds of all playstyles.
    Feara likes this.
  4. Mae- Well-Known Member

That directly contradicts this from Holly. She clearly states it's through heroic items that drop, are tradeable, and can be crafted into the items you need.

5. Caith Developer

I'm not sure which part you are referring too when you say that those statements contradict each other, so I'll attempt to be more clear. The method for gaining the achievement that is currently on test is out dated. The finalized method that Holly is referring too, was being staged late last week.
    Feara and Calthine like this.
  6. Katz Well-Known Member

Thanks for the information. I look forward to it being live. :)
  7. Mae- Well-Known Member

The contradicting is you saying it's for everyone, and Holly saying it's for people who run heroic High Keep, a lvl 95 contested dungeon. That isn't for EVERYONE, it's for guilds with enough members to go farm for the drops, or enough plat to buy the drops from people who are willing to sell them. That ignores other playstyles like decorating, crafting, solo play, low level dungeon runs, level-locking, and alt guilds.
    Juraviel, Quillyne, Voraga and 4 others like this.
  8. Ragna Well-Known Member

Test leaked then as we already got the HK achievement on Live ;)
  9. Afista Well-Known Member

The issue I'm having with this is that all of the materials will still need to be gathered by lvl 95 players in Highkeep Instances. Other guild types should be able to obtain this hall as well via playing, not paying. Just because those dropped items are tradable, it doesn't seem fair. Can you imagine what they will sell for?

[IMG]

What we're requesting is that the materials be made available for players of a different type as well. As a crafter/decorator I do not want to have to rely on adventurers for crafting mats to gain access to a place to decorate for my casual social/crafting guild.

Maybe include ground harvests in Vespyr Isles for these mats so gatherers/crafters have access to them as well?
    Maybe add a special Guild Hall Quest writ giver that gives writs that reward hall materials upon completion?

We're not asking for anything for free. We want to work for it! We just don't want to pay through the nose for materials to other players just because they have the means and inclination to grind adventure zones. It would be nice to work towards the same goal by playing our own way.
    knightowl, Juraviel, Quillyne and 5 others like this.
  10. Alphonsus Well-Known Member

...or just add amenities to homes so people can stop crying that they can't do this and that because they're the only person in their guild. Then they won't need a guild hall...

Lastly as Ragna mentioned, currently on all Live servers.. yes killing Fabled DMP will unlock the achievement to obtain access to the Restored High Keep Guildhall. If that was an error fine, but I like the new General Category for guild achievements. Hope they add more stuff to it in the future that does not involve raids. Maybe some rewards for those crafting guilds. And by guilds I mean, real guilds, not someone's personal alt guild with 20 characters on 3 accounts.

They should just purge all the guilds older than 60 days with less than 3 or 4 accounts.
  11. Mae- Well-Known Member

Rude... How does someone having their alts in a guild by themselves bother you? Me and my husband have an alt guild for our alts and my children's characters, so we can control (to some degree) who they interact with. Who are you to tell me that my guild isn't a 'real' guild? Who are you to say that my guild should be purged because it doesn't meet your biased criteria of what makes a guild?

IMO, as long as someone is willing and able to put in the time, plat, energy, and resources into a guild (and it's corresponding guild hall for lvl 30+), it counts as a REAL guild.
    Juraviel, Quillyne, Avahlynn and 6 others like this.
  12. Feara Well-Known Member

I feel they should roll it out offering different versions. A Crafting Guild Hall version and so on. The Team is smart, they will come up with a workable solution. I am all for working for your achievements.

I have an alt Guild. I have worked hard for two years going on 3, just hit lvl 43. My main toon is still in my Brothers Guild. I like the combo.

One thing I don't do very often is cry. Now if they purge my Guild, well... then I will cry.
    Juraviel likes this.
  13. Dawnya@AB Active Member

As posted in the Game Update Notes for May 7th.
    I'm interested to know what the level requirement for guild and the upkeep costs will be. And what the differences between the Tier 2 and Tier 3 will be!
  14. Mae- Well-Known Member

(sigh* ... just, sigh. Congrats whoever gets to make buttloads of plat selling these things. Very very crappy plan there, SOE.
    Carthalis and Juraviel like this.
  15. Feara Well-Known Member

Well there goes all the excitement!

But.. I must say I am glad they stayed true to where they were going with it.

I hope they will remember how many crafters have longed for a new style guildhall.

And maybe, just maybe, one day we will see a Crafting Guild Hall.
    Juraviel likes this.
  16. Wolfboar New Member

So the "this new guild hall will be available for all play styles" was a joke then. The only way that non-raiding guilds will get this is to farm the enormous amount of plat that the raiding guilds will want for the drops. So in retrospec, the new guild hall is for everyone: Raiders and everyone willing and able to farm the heck out of the game for plat for the drops. I am willing to work for any achievement, but I do not raid. I have too many other things in my life that are more important to me. I don't need to raid to have fun in the game and enjoy playing it "My Way."

Thanks SOE. Its a wonder that people walk away from your games and that you have such a high dissatisfied player base.

Wolf
    Carthalis, Juraviel and Voraga like this.
  17. Ucala Well-Known Member

the way I saw it was:
    you gain 5 tokens for each of the achievements for killing the mobs in the contested zone. you also get 5 for both of the dailies that are inside the zone (but not the weekly or the daily from the normal daily dragon).
    so if you were to take a whole group and kill all the mobs, plus both dailies you would rank in around 300 tokens, but than go down to only 60 tokens a day from the dailies. it's gonna be long for anyone to get 7500 for the guild hall :p
    this is of course not counting the TS method of getting tokens, or if certain mobs drops tokens, or if being double dubles the token amount.
    if being gold does double the token amount you would rank in 600 for the first day+all achievements and than 120 every next day. still quite a long way to go though :p
    this is of course 1 group though, if by example you have a raid guild. that would be around 2400 the first day and 480 every next day.

I would prefer to just kill DMP tbh xD not what can only look like a month+ longer grind
  18. Mae- Well-Known Member

Or for those who don't have a group of 95's capable of doing that, we get to wait however long for other guilds to farm their drops, then pay out the nose for the drops they no longer need. Sounds fair.
    Quillyne likes this.
  19. Voraga New Member

When the guild hall was first on the bell I went and visited it (its now the Tier 4 one) and was very excited, as it said it would be available for all play styles I expected there would be several "dailies/weeklies" that could be done by any class or tradeskiller to earn "points" tward getting the deed. In the end it feels like I have to Pug out into a group and pray to get the kills I need to finish the weekly that's only available to level 95 adventurers. The crafting, decorating, social, and family style guilds seem to have been forgotten again by SOE with this release! Yes you can get shattered heartstones and repair them as a crafter but where do those drop? HKC!!!! So if your not into running high end zones all the time or in a smaller guild its like SOE said to piss off that those of us who are smaller don't deserve to progress to the new guild hall at the same speed as raiding style guilds?

I'm not sure what SOE's Development Team was thinking, but it would be nice if they remembered that the community of players extends beyond hard-core heroics and raider style play. Very Disappointing SOE, Please in the future remember that this community is VERY diverse and try to offer the new guild halls in a way that would allow players to earn credit twards it with many different play styles.

Thanks
    Afista, Naudi and Avahlynn like this.
  20. Wolfboar New Member

A few years back, I remember reading here on the forums about the mix of the player base. It was stated that a majority of the player base were NOT raiders, yet they persist in keeping a very small group of players happy by doing things like this. Too many expansions now that are aimed at raiders who blow through the content in days/weeks and minimal for the rest of the player base. And redesigning the current zones to make contested versions does nothing for the non raiding player base.

I can not wait to see what it is going to cost non raiders to get the components to either update or fix. 2k plat each is my starting bid because everyone has 15 mil plat sitting in the bank (2,000pp x 7500 tokens).

Wolf
    Afista and Avahlynn like this.