Restored Highkeep Guild Hall

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Afista, Mar 24, 2014.

1. Mermut Well-Known Member

A couple of 95 crafters can knock out a mess of rush orders for status in short order as well.
  2. Rotherian Well-Known Member

If it is 1 million per week, then that is about 6 rush orders a day (~150,000 Status / day; 1,050,000 total per week, so someone could do just 4 on the last day), plus a little bit more status from the city tokens if one wants to exchange them to help defer the status cost. Conversely, they could do the adventure writs in the CoE zones and knock several of them out in a day (six each time), if they are max level - plus get faction with all the non-tradeskill city factions (like the city "guilds" for mages, scouts, fighters, and priests in Freeport and Qeynos, as well as the main faction for the two cities allied with your alignment's primary city). Additionally, since there are named mobs in the zones, plus about 60 creatures to kill each iteration, it shouldn't be that hard to get one's daily token(s) through this route.

tl;dr - A single person at max level could easily maintain a guild hall.
  3. Ucala Well-Known Member

and it's not. it's 1 mil to buy
  4. Rotherian Well-Known Member

That's pretty cheap. And this is coming from a guy in a guild that hasn't raided since Sentinel's Fate. :)
  5. Ucala Well-Known Member

I agree, it's fairly cheap, 1 mil to buy, 100k upkeep
  6. Mae- Well-Known Member

So... no guild hall tickets, no achievement, just go buy it?
  7. Ucala Well-Known Member

no atm the requirement to buy (as of on the docks) is 1 mil status.
    a level 30 Guild,
    and the guild achievement.
    [IMG]

and we all know where the achievement is from :p
  8. Alenna Well-Known Member

yeah but how do you obtain the guild hall that is the question if it is only based on the guild achievements the only other ones so far are for raiding. now if this is a sign that they are going to add other types of achievements like say writs crafted, adventure writs done then well and good. but if the guild hall is the only achievment that they plan ot have in that tab then something is wrong with using guild achievements to gain the guildhall. I want to know what they are going to put in for a guilds to get the prestige(no upkeep) guildhall other then raid achievements.
  9. Alenna Well-Known Member

and pay upkeep this is not a prestige guildhall then.
  10. Ucala Well-Known Member

100k status upkeep is a laugh
  11. Katz Well-Known Member

You all forget to calculate amenities in with the upkeep. Most are looking at more like 600,000 status per week upkeep for a T2 hall with all the amenities.
  12. Ucala Well-Known Member

buy it, pay upkeep for 12 weeks in advance (the max that you can pay) at it's 100k, and then don't worry about it for 12 weeks xD 600k would (hopefully) be easy to get by that time

also, for all the people still wondering.

http://data.soe.com/xml/get/eq2/achievement/2450267792
  13. Rotherian Well-Known Member

The one in the FDMP, I'm assuming.
  14. Ucala Well-Known Member

yea, fabled
  15. Rotherian Well-Known Member

Awesome. Thanks.
  16. Avahlynn Well-Known Member

Fine,cool, I'm glad raiders and huge guilds get a new place. Really. But can the rest of us now get a nice new halas one that looks like it belongs IN new halas? Something cozy, sized for five to fifteen people to craft in? Please?
  17. Mae- Well-Known Member

Thought they said they were changing how they were attained. Locking a new guild hall behind a raid achievement sucks nuts. =(
    Avahlynn and Mermut like this.
  18. Ucala Well-Known Member

they may change it again. but as far as I remember this (the DMP) was changed, cause it used to be needing like 500 guild hall tickets or whatever
  19. Afista Well-Known Member

Here's a bit more info on how it's obtained.
    [IMG]

My response: Yes, but there are crafter oriented guilds and guilds with lower level members who can't compete in lvl 95 heroic content.

Implement the Guild Hall achievement by crafting a million items or completing a ridiculous amount of writs. Maybe have people complete a quest with some sort of a storyline involving the lore of the zone or something? But seriously, I'm beyond frustrated obtaining the hall is just aimed at top tier content. Let all player types work towards earning this hall.
  20. Mae- Well-Known Member

I agree completely Afista. This is supposed to be a GUILD hall, not an adventure reward. Guilds come in all flavors, from mega raiding guilds to small homes for hobbit enthusiasts. From casual guilds with most members not even close to max level to a group of crafters who worked their butts off to get to lvl 30 to have a place to call home.

I get that they don't want the guild hall to be achieveable by a solo person (tho, lets be honest here, even lvl 95 adventuring isn't going to stop someone who's determined from getting it solo), but to tell crafter guilds that they need to depend on adventurers to get them the drops/recipes they need (at surely exorbitant prices) is a slap in the face. Of course, these adventurers will only wait till after their own guild has it's hall before offering them publicly.

Please reconsider tying this guild hall to adventure only restrictions. Give crafters a faction they need to earn, make it time locked if you have to, make it require each crafting class, multiple of each if you have to. But don't tell crafting guilds (or alt guilds, or non-adventuring guilds) that the drops are tradeable so they can still get them. It's insulting.
    Carthalis, Darkmoogle, Mermut and 4 others like this.