Restored Chalice of Valor

Discussion in 'Tradeskills' started by Hudi, Aug 10, 2018.

1. Hudi New Member

Why is the Restored Chalice of Valor temporary and NO-Zone ?

It costs much Time and many Mats to make them and they are all lost if LD happens or you have to leave the Zone.
    Whats the Reason for this Decission ?
    lalluna likes this.
  2. Cragfire Well-Known Member

If they were not tagged that way, they could be saved from run to run. Someone, with the Gloves of the Maker, could craft a single time but create ten combines worth of Chalices; enough for five or six runs though the zone. I have the feeling that might be the reason why.

Going LD or having to leave the zone early is rough... I do not know if there is a solution without introducing the above.. :-/
    Cyrrena likes this.
  3. Xianthia Well-Known Member

In case anyone is interested, I tried mass production early on Guk release, it didn't work. I assume that's not changed since.
  4. Cragfire Well-Known Member

Ahh okay.. I was tempted but never hit the button. Good to know. :)
  5. Xianthia Well-Known Member

Yeah! I had to test it out, of course it cost a bit of mats and gathering the items... but then I knew :D
  6. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

Maybe they could put a timer on the chalices that runs out before you can reset the zone? For instance, if you can reset the zone in 18 hours, make the timer on the chalices run out say 6 hours after they are created, so you cannot make them in bulk and save them for future runs.

I did make 3 lots of chalices and had an urgent situation and had to leave the zone so I lost my mats and my chalices, so I do feel the pain.

Maybe make it so the chalices can only re-enter the instance they were created in, so the TS instance you spawn would generate an ID number which would be put on the chalices, thus making the chalices remain in your inventory but only usable in the instance with the same ID number, and they would poof from your inventory when that instance expired, all back-end of course. Additionally, the chalices could be manually deleted if any remained after you completed the instance.
    Kuulei and Cragfire like this.
  7. Kuulei Well-Known Member

Just like the other TS dailies, when the quest is completed, all the extra items "poof" from inventory (like over-harvested items from SoH TS daily). That would resolve the issue of link-deaths or real life interfering (aka power outage from storm, etc).
    It would also prevent from being "saved"
    Another option, making them no-trade LORE (100).
    You can't have over 100 of them at any time.
    Deveryn and Mermut like this.