Restarting EQ2

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, FAQs, and New Player Discussion' started by swiecz, May 19, 2020.

1. swiecz New Member

Anyone down to start a new character with me? Rona has me bored
  2. Ra'Gruzgob Well-Known Member

It’s not optional for someone to start game with you. Сharacter of any player can make you company due to mentoring system - https://eq2.fandom.com/wiki/Mentoring
    Breanna likes this.
  3. Griffon Lady Well-Known Member

It's an option, either way. It is fun to start new toons together. My hubby and I used to do that every expansion... except he's so fast he'd wind up starting two or three while I try and keep up. XD But yah, it's quicker if you get mentored. I'm not volunteering though. I have been playing a couple hours a month lately. >.> Too much to do IRL. I basically only came back because I found out the ponies and harvester NPCs got updated to current tiers. (I miss having a quest to unlock them, but defiantly not complaining!!! ^_^)
  4. Ra'Gruzgob Well-Known Member

And this despite fact that speed of movement during mentoring is lowered applied to corresponding to level (like other character characteristics)? Well, perhaps he should have saddled a slower mount.. And he could have taken an interest in speed of your mount (annoyingly that mounts don't have speed auto-alinement according at slowest in group). Or perhaps he forgot to turn off illusion for quick run (or share these totems with you). Or was it racial advantage.. for example, forest elf runs visibly faster than dwarf. This doesn’t seem like lot of fun: wait for lagging or catch up with runaway. In any case, always can be agreed, though.. you won’t make dwarf run faster, and elf from forest just cannot be not fast..