Response to Survey

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Grouse, Jun 5, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. learpilot74 Active Member

Mind you..they introduced them completely broken lol
    Conifur and Mizgamer62 like this.
  2. Livejazz Well-Known Member

I was having a lot of fun, initially, with Kunark Ascending ... & then I discovered I have to complete an ancient heritage quest in order to complete the KA signature quest ... & without completing the KA sig line, large portions of the expac are locked away from me.

So be it. I guess I just won't experience those things, because I refuse to grind my face off on ancient content. If the next expansion pulls a similar trick, I won't buy it at all.
  3. Malleria Well-Known Member

I agree in principle that having to do old heritage quests is lame. But you've basically wasted 7 months of content because of a refusal to do a 1hr quest line. Seems like cutting off your nose to spite your face to me.
  4. Livejazz Well-Known Member

I play games to have fun. I don't do things -- even in games -- that I don't consider "fun." I don't think that's a controversial stance.

IMO, there is not one thing "fun" about having to do the Greenmist quest, so I'm not going to do it. Instead, I'll take the hit for not having found out, in advance, that antique content was required to progress modern content. If I'd known this in advance, I never would have bought KA at all, & we wouldn't be having this conversation. But you can bet I'll be more diligent about this sort of thing for next expac; I don't want to waste another $35 like I did here.

& BTW, it's not just the heritage quest for the sig line, it's also another ancient heritage quest for the tradeskill sig line, & IIRC, the entire city & Highkeep quest lines are needed for something else important, too. I'm sorry, but that's ludicrous. & yes, I can think of better ways to have done this -- for example, "you must have YOUR classe's epic weapon to complete the KA sig line, you must have completed the ToT tradecrafting to do the KA line, & so on."

There's not one good excuse for what they did.
    Xephane and Prissetta like this.
  5. Nelie Well-Known Member

Actually, since this was beta'd....it was known for like a month in advanced that you needed Greenmist HQ done before it hit live servers.
    Malleria likes this.
  6. Xephane Active Member

Haha if you think Greenmist is bad, you are never going to finish Epic 2.0... Which is the WORST SERIES EVER for having to literally grind ancient content, just to talk to 1 NPC, or buy 1 item. Even if you get the guise that makes it easier for alts, you still have to grind for hours on end. Don't even get me started on ascension levels...
    Conifur likes this.
  7. Conifur Well-Known Member

You no longer have to do Greenmist to do the quest. If you did it the weapon has a proc, if you have not it does not have a proc. Which does not matter if you do the JW PQ and get the Iksar Stone sword.
  8. Livejazz Well-Known Member

I wasn't playing EQ2 when the expac was released, I just came back about 3 weeks ago & had heard nothing of it.

How do I get past "A Chosen Weapon" without having done Greenmist?.
  9. Livejazz Well-Known Member

I've never had any intention of doing Epic 2.0, so that doesn't apply to me, & as a casual soloing scrub I couldn't care less.
    Xephane likes this.
  10. Conifur Well-Known Member

Hmm, maybe it was because I did it on one toon that did the quest once. I have 3 alts I did it on that never did the Greenmist quest. I just get red text on the weapon that says the proc won't proc until I do the Greenmist. When I did A Choosen Weapon I did it just like I did it all the other times.
  11. Livejazz Well-Known Member

If you have one character who has done the Greenmist quest, then you won't have to do it -- or learn Draconic, or a couple other things IIRC -- on any of your following characters. But AFAIK, at least one of your characters must do the Greenmist quest to progress the sig line, & without completing the sig line (along with other now-aged content) you also can't do Epic 2 or Ascension.

But, whatevs ... as I said earlier, it's at least as much my fault for not doing pre-purchase investigation on this expac. A simple question on these forums, like "Hey guys what do I need to be ready for this expansion" would have saved me the purchase price.
    Xephane likes this.
  12. Conifur Well-Known Member

Well then there is really no reason to play the game. I feel your pain, trust me. I have been playing since 2004 and this is my last expansion and once my membership runs out in Oct I won't be logging on much if at all. The pay to play, horribly gated content, grind until your eyes fall out path they have decided to take is not what I consider fun or entertaining. I had three accounts, I did not get the expansion on two of them and I no longer pay a subscription for them.
    Livejazz likes this.
  13. Twinbladed Well-Known Member

An yet pretty much everyone of those games are still active, and have larger player bases than eq2. I get the whole I want to play this game because I am attached to it, and I don't need to make sense or have logical reason. The thing is no one in here can go against facts using your emotional views, and the fact is, Eq2 is dying. It's been dying for years.

Is it not obvious? You are being shot up for cash? None of you see this? You can like the game or not, but your pockets are required.

What do you get from free to play? Most best in slot items are prestige, you can't wear them. Even if you buy xpacs, you still have to pay monthly to be in a competitive realm. You need Daybreak cash to buy Ascension spells and soon it will fall over to your new level 110 spells. Anyone notice that most of the content dies faster with Ascension combo's? Add in the ridiculous krono idea, and boom, you have people spending more to get less.

Let's get to the other thing. What does paying all the money actually do for you?

All the classes are broken. Literally everyone of them are not working as intended. Servers are brought down for long hours constantly, literally all the time. The last 4 months who can guess how many times the server have to be taken down after being put back up? Yes I know, you have heard all of the yap before, but there is a difference between hearing and understanding. You are paying for more than you are receiving and you don't even care. Which is fine, but the majority obviously doesn't share the same attitude. I said it earlier, what is good for the goose isn't always good for the gander. This is no exception.

What's the difference between this and an abusive relationship?
  14. Mezrat New Member

Well said. My sentiments exactly.
  15. Mathafern Well-Known Member

And yet, for all its flaws, I still enjoy EQ2. I've left repeatedly to play other MMOs, but I still end up back here, because I find it easiest to have fun running heroic groups (and sometimes raiding). It isn't the prettiest game, the logins aren't the most stable, but there is some aspect to the gameplay that hasn't been reproduced successfully elsewhere. Or maybe it's the players.

And yes, they take my cash- but since I want new content, I think that is only reasonable, since developers need paychecks.
    Prissetta, Pharone and Livejazz like this.
  16. Livejazz Well-Known Member

I get to play EQ2 without paying Daybreak a penny. Works quite nicely for me.

I'm sorry ... were you expecting some other answer?

I'm a casual, soloing scrub. I couldn't care less about being "competitive." I care about having fun. I can have a good bit of fun -- even overlooking the stupid KA sig line requirements -- without caring even half a tinker's damn about "competitive," I've been MMOing since 1997 without giving a rat's patootie about "competitive," & I quite frankly roll my eyes & laugh at people who take "competitive" seriously in a PvE-based MMO.

Even if you were talking about WoW, the *total* subscription rate for that game is less than half the population of California. Please do not ask me to care a whit about "competitive," considering that relatively few people in this world give a crap about your ability to be "competitive" in a MMO, or even about MMOs at all. Most people will, quite rightly, look at you side-eyed & say, "Dude, it's a game, quit taking it so seriously."

Amazingly, all 6 of my characters work just fine, but then, like I said, I'm an uber-non-competitive soloing scrub. So, of course they work well for me.

I'm going to take the politically conservative route & say, with all due apology, that I actually couldn't care less if they "don't work" for you, or anyone else, in a "competitive realm." I'm sorry if you or someone else finds that offensive, but it's true: your concerns about this game are not mine, & I quite frankly couldn't care less about them, & I'm willing to bet I'm not the only one who couldn't care less.

This may be true for others; it's not the least true of me. Are there things about this game I consider "bad?" Yes, absolutely; I've mentioned several in this thread. Do I take your doom-&-gloom attitude seriously? No; if I did, I wouldn't be posting in these forums, & EQ2 wouldn't even be on my hard drive.

Are you paying? Are you playing? With your attitude towards this game ... why would you do either? If you're not playing a game you think is this bad ... why are you even posting in these forums? Why should anyone care? Seriously, what point are you trying to make?

My point, regarding the requirements for this expac, was simply to say I think they're dumb requirements which I'm not going to do, because I think they're not fun. But that doesn't take away the fact that I can still have a good deal of fun without doing them, & they don't prevent me from playing the game I want to play. I'm not at all sure what your point is, except to shout "Doom!!!!!!!" Which, quite frankly, isn't much of a point.
  17. Pharone Active Member

Really? Troll much?

No longer In Publication:
    • Starwars Galaxies
    • Motor City Online
    • Asheron's Call 2
    • Shadowbane
    • Horizons
    • City of Heroes/Villians
    • The Matrix Online
    • Vanguard
    • Tabula Rasa
    • Warhammer Online
    Low population:
    • Defiance
    • Everquest II
    • PlanetSide
    • PlanetSide 2
    • Dark Age of Camelot
    • Ultima Online
    • Anarchy Online
    • Guild Wars
    • Age of Conan
    • The Secret World
    • Champions Online
    • DCU Online
    • Startrek Online
    • Tera Online
    • Allods Online

Medium population:
    • Everquest
    • Neverwrinter
    • Rift
    • Lord of the Rings Online
    • Dungeons and Dragons Online

High population:
    • Final Fantasy XI
    • Eve
    • World of Warcraft
    • Guild Wars II
    • Star Wars The Old Replublic
    • Final Fantaxy XIV
  18. Pharone Active Member

I play multiple MMORPGs to fulfill all of my various gaming needs.

• Everquest - Grouping and Raiding content
    • Everquest II - Crafting, Guild progression, Soloing, housing/guildhall decoration
    • FFXIV - Story-based progression
    The things that one disappoints me on are taken care of by one of the others. I think that sometimes people fail to realize that these are games, and they will not fill your desires and needs completely on their own, and sometimes they will down right tick you off. But, it's just a game.
  19. Twinbladed Well-Known Member

Well this is the problem with your attitude type. Your play style is the least played. When most people log on a MMORPG, they expect the MMO part. Whether people are getting offended or not, you can't run from what is going on. Not like I lied to any one of you. I would enjoy to see the game get back on it's feet, but honestly it is like, why feed a machine that doesn't care about you. If you play all by yourself of course you don't notice anything. Ignorance is bliss, until it bites you on the ***.

I understand that you claimed to have played all these thoroughly, which I don't believe unless you have no life and no job, and I still wouldn't believe it.

Since we are taking the "Oh, I am going to try to prove him wrong approach", bring up the real population "census" on those games. Also add in the major titles you forgot about.
    You just called me a trolled, then proved my point, make sense of that please. You made that list, came back to it, marked off a small amount, then proceeded to show that just about everyone of them are still kicking. As in why you put Daybreak/Sony products on there, I don't know because they are not competitors. So if we were going to look at the Daybreak gaming Franchise, it is a complete failure. I trolled no one, you just feel comfortable saying I did, because if you go back and reread what I said verse what you just did, you did me a favor not you.
    Since we are taking the "Oh, I am going to try to prove him wrong approach", bring up the real population "census" on those games. Also add in the major titles you forgot about.
  20. Nuhvohk Active Member

it's like poetry, it rhymes
    Snikkety and Pharone like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.