Response to Survey

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Grouse, Jun 5, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Twinbladed Well-Known Member

My point was everything on that list but like 4 things exist in eso, and you picked out collections. That's called being hard headed, has nothing to do with your personal preference.
  2. Livejazz Well-Known Member

I explained why, too. & yes, that's a personal preference, & I explained why that's important, too. Not sure what else to say. But it's interesting that asserting one's personal preference is now being "hard headed.
    Mermut and Prissetta like this.
  3. Twinbladed Well-Known Member

Because you are in a community forum maybe....and you also decided something was better than the all with no evidence to support the claim what so ever.... so yeah that is more of as stubborn answer
  4. Pharone Active Member

No. It's called playing what you want to play.
    Juraiya, Mermut and Prissetta like this.
  5. Twinbladed Well-Known Member

Ok lol. Go ahead then....Whatever you want to call being illogical. I'm just curious as to what you have even tried besides eq2 for more than a week, that leads you to believe that this game is above all else? What are you going to play when this game is gone? You got what a year or two before the population is so low there is nothing to do....

Soo I'm not an expert, but common sense says

Antonia Bayle low pop
    The Bazaar dead
    Befallen dead
    Blackburrow dead
    Butcherblock dead
    Crushbone dead
    Everfrost dead
    Freeport dead
    Guk dead
    Kithicor dead
    Lucan D'Lere dead
    Mistmoore dead
    Nagafen dead
    Najena dead
    Nektulos dead
    Oasis dead
    Permafrost dead
    Test - test
    Test Copy - test_copy
    Unrest dead
    Vox dead
    Innovation (German)
    Valor (German)
    Runnyeye (English / EU) dead
    Splitpaw (English / EU) dead
    Sebilis (Japanese)
    Storms (French)
    Server Status Server Name Population
    up Antonia Bayle
    up Halls of Fate
    up Isle of Refuge
    up Maj'Dul
    up Race To Trakanon
    up Skyfire
    up Stormhold
    up
    Thurgadin
  6. Aelfan Active Member

Okay, I understand why you play the game, but spend time on the forum? Don't worry, I do not take it as a personal attack, I always tend to assume that there are people that want the things I don't want, and don't care about the things I enjoy. You're right, I played ESO for several months when it first launched, I think I left when there started to be consequences for lifting things from houses. I have never noticed being the chosen one in EQ2, but all these big world events in EQ2 tend to be ignored by me, because there is so much else to do in EQ2. In ESO it seemed unavoidable.
    Prissetta likes this.
  7. Pharone Active Member

Actually, I've been playing MMORPGs ever since the early days of EQ1. My list of MMORPGs I have played includes:
    • Everquest - Played off and on since 2000 and was part of the guide program and been to 3 Fan Faire/SoE live conferences
    • Everquest II - Beta tested and played off and on since launch
    • Starwars Galaxies - Beta tested and played off and on until the NGE /sigh
    • Dark Age of Camelot - Played a couple years from launch
    • Ultima Online - Played 2 weeks and said no thanks (was my first)
    • Anarchy Online - Played a few months at launch
    • Motor City Online
    • Final Fantasy XI - Played a couple years
    • Asheron's Call 2 - Beta tested
    • Shadowbane
    • Eve - Couldn't stand it. I lasted about 1 day.
    • PlanetSide
    • PlanetSide 2
    • Horizons
    • City of Heroes/Villians - Started playing when Villians came out
    • The Matrix Online
    • World of Warcraft - Beta tested and played off and on since launch
    • Guild Wars
    • Guild Wars II - Bought collectors eddition and played for a year
    • Dungeons and Dragons Online
    • Vanguard - Beta tested and played off and on till it closed down (ran the Vanguard clerics web site)
    • Lord of the Rings Online - Played off and on since launch. Loved it
    • Tabula Rasa - Played till it closed down
    • Age of Conan - Bought collectors edition and played till I was the last one left in my guild on the server
    • Warhammer Online - Bought collectors edition and played off and on till it closed down
    • Champions Online - played for first year
    • DCU Online - played for first year ... good game
    • Startrek Online - played off and on ... not a big sci fi gamer
    • Final Fantaxy XIV - played beta and at launch for a few months
    • Rift - played beta and off and on since launch
    • Allods Online - Didn't like it
    • Star Wars The Old Replublic - bought collectors edition and played for the first year.. great game
    • Tera Online - played a few months
    • The Secret World - played off an on... looking forward to the new one coming out soon
    • Defiance - played because I liked the tv show... sadly the tv show was cancelled
    • Neverwrinter - Played off and on since launch
    There are a dozen or more smaller named ones that I just don't even remember their names. You could probably say I am a bit of an MMORPG addict, and you would be right lol.
    Finora, Livejazz, Aelfan and 2 others like this.
  8. Aelfan Active Member

What? No Free Realms? How about Pixie Hollow? Now THAT was a game!!
    Juraiya and Livejazz like this.
  9. Livejazz Well-Known Member

There are a few MMOs which each have certain features I like a lot, which features either are not in EQ2 or are I feel better implemented in those other games.

There isn't any single MMO which, overall, is better for my tastes, playstyle, schedule, & so forth than EQ2, & FWIW my list of MMOs played is almost as long as Pharone's.
    Xephane and Prissetta like this.
  10. Xephane Active Member

EQ2 is still a great game, and it certainly has it's potential. I do wish they would do some fixes (I'll get to that later) but I think loyal players will always make do. I've loved EQ2 since I was a child, and that wont change. No matter how many times I leave, I'm always back. The game has too much that I love that I just cannot keep what I hate inside of my head. Anyways here are some things that could actually make EQ2 out to be an amazing game, instead of a product that is just having the life sucked out of it until it is dead. They could make so much more if they have these things in mind...
    -Have a team specifically geared towards fixing large or small clarity issues with EQ2, all those bugs that get in people's faces, they may not be very big to us, but to anybody new to the game, these things can be quite a turn off. A buggy game is never attractive. Some graphical issues are major.
    -Of course, update the graphics. They've been the same for ages, what used to look simply astounding just doesn't cut it anymore with the current day standards. EQ2 still looks fine to me, some things look realistic especially with graphics on high, but most machines can't take it.
    -Change the style of the game to what it was before. Content the whole way through, not just geared towards "Grind it out for top end raiding!" No matter how many people play it, very few, if not none, actually enjoy it.
    -Although it may not seem like it, this is actually one of the greatest points... And they failed at it. Marketing. Even when this game was in it's prime time, nobody would ever go on youtube or anything like that to have some big advertisement stuck in their face. You want to know why WoW succeeded so much? THIS is why! Advertisements may seem annoying, but if a game looks awesome in the ads, it does attract new players... New players means a bigger game = more money = more opportunity for all. Not just DBG, but more for the players too, because you don't have to worry about money anymore, just us.
    -Bring back PvP, now before all of you start yelling the whole "PvP is dead!" in my face... Note this. PvP was one of the greatest things this game had, it added a whole new layer of excitement to the game, and kept a lot of players here for just the thrill of it. PvP was fine until it was messed with, because this was a time when the DEVs wanted to please EVERYBODY instead of the masses, so they listened to the 5 (or whatever *insert small number here*) whiners, instead of the many people who just enjoyed it as it was. PvP may be dead to the people of EQ2, but I can guarantee a PvP event server would attract tons more business than you'd think it will. Deathtoll was amazing until it was tweaked, most people were totally fine with it. And lots of old veteran players/PvP nuts came back to play it. It's good for business, and more fun for those of us who actually enjoy it.
    -Use your survey/voting system more wisely, and include everybody. I wanted to take part in this latest email thingy that was going around but I was never given a chance. My dad, who doesn't get to play much, hasn't played in many years (except fairly recently), and doesn't even have the new xpac got this email. But not a pure veteran player like me, not even my mother (who even though still plays doesn't have the new xpac either.) Hand surveys like these out to everybody, picking a few people wont give you a general consensus of how people feel about the game, small statistics hardly go well on a large scale. "We asked 100 EQ2 customers who don't have the new expansion... 'how do you feel about our game?' 'how do you feel about the latest expansion?'"

I don't believe this will actually get read by any high end person in DBG, but this is how you fix this game, you can still save it, it still has the potential, but you just have to listen. The game can be so much better for us die-hard fans, and you can still make profit from us.
  11. Mizgamer62 Feldon Fan Club Member

Listening is the major problem., followed by poor communication and as long as those two factors are dominate, nothing is going to improve in this game. Discord chat is a primary example. If you say some thing we don't like, no matter how constructive or politely expressed, we will shut you down. Very sad and unfortunate.
    Meneltel likes this.
  12. Xephane Active Member

I'm just saying they could save this game and please everyone, including themselves instead of just milking it for pennies. It's unfortunate that they don't want to listen.
    Mizgamer62 likes this.
  13. KythosMeltdown Active Member

Wanting to milk it for pennies would be making it the greatest game of all time so everyone plays it and pays them.

They just have a history of bad decisions. I.e. uncompleted projects like SoEmote, Dungeon Finder, Battlegrounds, Arenas, alternate models, to name a few.

However they are making great strides at communicating like Livestreams, Discord, responding on forums. The issue though is that people think that this means they developers should do whatever they say. And it also gives many people the opportunity to be rude to each other without thinking.

This coming expansion does have the promise of class/itemization balance (as does the TLE) along with some awesome Lore. What people don't understand is that the changes people are crying for are for the most part underworks, and things can't just be fixed in a few days.

Many players wrongly think that means they're not listening.
    Prissetta, Xephane and Snikkety like this.
  14. Wizx13 Member

They have a free server that has SWG running PRE NGE. They will never go past pub 14.
    Pharone likes this.
  15. Xephane Active Member

I agree with everything you said but I think you misunderstood what I meant with the first sentence. By "milking it for pennies" I implied that they really aren't getting what they can out of this game, they are just grabbing what they can with what they have left so they can get the 5 cents instead of shooting for the full dollar that this game is worth. I feel like if they took a leap towards the suggestions I made, that not only would old players return in the masses, but new players would also come in... And they would make more than ever. As it is, EQ2 has the POTENTIAL to be far better than the other MMORPGs out there, but they don't market the game, and they take so long to fix issues that it causes shakes in the player base. I'm not slamming the game, but it could be so much better with some decent marketing, bug-fixes and a shift backwards to how the game was building back before it headed towards expansions like TSO, or DoV, etc.
    Mizgamer62, Meneltel and Prissetta like this.
  16. Tekka Well-Known Member

I haven't posted here in a few months now. The last of my friends quit EQ2 and a group of us went to play another game.

I've seen the question asked: Then why are you still reading/posting/whatever on these forums? I would like to answer why I, personally, still skim from time to time. And why I still haven't uninstalled the game.

It's not because I long to return, or that I haven't found a better game to play - I don't. And I have. (one that has a good start on housing, some holiday events, collections and meaningful character progression. one with a cohesive, engaging world)

I do it because of the EQ2 I loved to play for many years. This isn't that EQ2, and part of me knows it's futile to hope for the return of it... but it's still there. Each time I come back to the forums, I leave wishing they'd do the merciful thing.

No amount of criticism, however constructive, will effect change faster than loss of revenue and loss of numbers. So better to just enjoy it with your friends until you reach your threshold and then move on with a smile and fond memories.
    Mizgamer62 likes this.
  17. The-Plethora Active Member

I think I am pretty much in the same boat. I haven't really played since February now, I'll occasionally login during having breakfast to collect my plant harvests, check on spell waiting research time but that's it, I have barely left my inn room, maybe walked to the broker once or twice to see if there is any up to date armor for sale (no, still old stuff from old expansions).

For me the ascension spell mechanic and rarity is just indefensible that leaves a bad taste. That was what finally killed this game for me, I could put up with mercs being bought off the market place but making these spell upgrades SO rare along with forcing you to go through each level, apprentice, adept etc just made me think that this isn't something I want to support anymore. Funny that we used to think things were bad under SOE. Since I 'left' I see we have a new familiar pet thing we can get where the players are being encouraged to gamble on the marketplace for the 'chance' to get a good one.
    I will still miss this game when it's gone, not for what it has become but for what it once was :(.
    Tekka, Mizgamer62 and Meneltel like this.
  18. Pharone Active Member

I personally have not gotten my characters up to the Ascension stuff yet, and the more I hear about it, the more I keep hoping that the next expansion will make it not necessary before I do get there.

For the most part, I login in the morning before work to Harvest, Craft, and/or do some adventuring on my level 84 Beastlord/100 Provisioner. Occassionally, I login after work to do the same. I like working towards increasing my guild level and adding features to my guild hall (Enchanted, Level 55 Freeport Guild on AB).

That all being said, this is not my only game I play. I spend an enormous amount of time playing on the Agnarr server of Everquest (a TLP server that will permanently lock after the Planes of Power expansion). As of this weekend, I am playing FFXIV as well (18 Thaumaturge), and I absolutely love the game.

The point is, I play multiple MMORPGs. I alwaya have, and probably always will. This is probably why I don't get as easily upset with the current state of the game I am playing. I think when you play only one MMORPG, you end up focusing too much on what is going on right now, and when it isn't exactly what you prefer, it's easy to get frustrated and upset.
    Livejazz likes this.
  19. Livejazz Well-Known Member

I haven't finished the KA sig line on any of my characters, because I just can't bring myself to do ancient content in order to advance a modern quest. I think it's especially irritating that I have my Epic 1, but no -- I have to recover a SK weapon. Whatever. Had I know that would be the case, I wouldn't have bought the KA expansion at all.

Nevertheless, the AoM sig line was actually entertaining on my own Shadow Knight -- for all of a weekend -- & I'm guessing the ToT sigline will be fun for the characters who still haven't done it, & the KA overland is kinda fun for farming shinies & so forth, so I can still find some fun even if I'll probably never do any group content other than PQs.

& all of this is part of why I flatly refuse to subscribe. It isn't worth it to me, & I don't think any MMO is.
  20. Grouse Active Member

Well, this is a very enjoyable read.
    Amen: There are so many little bugs that distract. Many of which would be easy fixes.
    Agreed. There has been some improvement with the new streaming posts, but more can be done.

They really, need to look at their long term vision. I'm the only one left from a bunch of EQ1 types who jumped on the EQ2 beta. My guild hall is an echo chamber. But, I still enjoy taking ALTS from 1 to 95 through the signature quest line. Unfortunately, all my level 100 characters are on the shelf because to the gateways they've placed that I simply don't find interesting enough to complete. Since I'm a solo player, who leans more to crafting than combat, qualifications to improve raid skill are simply not interesting.

Maybe the next expansion will be more fun. Like I said, make 95 to 100 more fun.
    GrunEQ, Livejazz, Meneltel and 3 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.