Respeccing for Sentinel's Fate

Discussion in 'Swashbuckler' started by ARCHIVED-Zemizia, Mar 6, 2010.

1. ARCHIVED-Zemizia Guest

I've been working a lot the last few days with my Swash (she's my new "main" for raiding now), and a friend of mine suggested some respec ideas for max DPS. My Swash Perrigrin is lvl 85 now, with 211 AA's. The one problem she's facing right now is her gear set bonuses are too spread out atm =\ She's got 2 pieces T2, 3 pieces T3, 2 pieces T4 lol what a mix-match. She's got her Mythical Charm's Way, and her offhand varies between Lavapoint, Fingerboneguard Rapier, or Razor Sharp Saber. Her jewelry is decent, not much fabled, but she's getting there Here's what my friend and I have been expirimenting with for the new SF aa's, please add your findings/opinions here as well! I'm trying very hard to get her DPS up to where it needs to be so any helpful info is welcome!
    Rogue tree:
    1 - pickpocket
    STR - 10-8-10-2
    AGI - 10-7-10-2
    INT - 10 for boot dagger
    SF - 8 in Cunning Prowess, Ruthless Riposte, and Coordination, 2 in Capo Ferro, and 2 ranks of Dance of Metal

Swashbuckler tree I'm specced for Reach and Advanced Warning so far. I've only got 42/100 spent here as I much preferred my Shadow tree for now.

Shadow tree:
    General - 5 in max health and max power....I also spent 3 in the diety pet one (she worships Bristlebane, and his pet grants AGI)
    Scout line: 5 in Quick Strike, 5 in Offensive Prowess, Evasive Maneuvers
    Rogue line: 5 in Rogue's Flurry, 5 in Circle of Blades, 5 in Battle Endurance, 5 in Poison Mastery, Thieving Essence
    Swash line: 5 in Fencing Expertise, 5 in Flamboyant Swashbuckling, 5 in Kidney Slice, 5 in Countering Blow, Precision Striking and Enfeebling Whirl

So now I'm fiddling with my casting order to get as much DPS as possible. I've tried a couple different ways, and this way seems to be ok, but I know she can do better:
    thieving essence > double cross/hangman's noose macroed > flurry of blades > snap of the wrist > torporous strike > flash of steel > razor edge
    From here, if I'm soloing, I'll walk the plank then lead in with kidney stab > lung puncture > viscerate > boot dagger > shanghai (providing the mob is still standing lol)
    Since I'm trying to spec to be a raid Swash as well, I'm wondering if this order should/could be changed a bit. Since 99% of my time will be spent behind the mob, I'm wondering if kidney stab should be bumped up closer to the beginning to increase the miti debuff.
    With the current spec, I'm averaging between 5-6k dpson a training dummy with no specials running. With all specials that jumps up to between 8-9k dps. Using an arena pet from the creature summoner, with specials running I parsed over 10k. I'll have to see how she does in raid tonight and post some numbers from that.
    I guess I'm just kind of wondering how she's doing, and what else I can do to improve her overall performance, and what numbers I should be shooting for.
  2. ARCHIVED-Arnah Guest

my aa build is different but it works great for me
    Str line is 10 4 8 1
    Agi line is 10 4 10 1
    Sta line is 4 10
    Int line is 7
    The sta line is just for the extra hps since so many things have nasty frontal and flanking attacks and come in waves that seem to go alround the tank making no place safe. With 1 point in pick pocket this gives you 70 spent and SF lines unlock. I did 8 cunning prowess, Capo Ferro, and evading awarness, with 2 ranks of DoM. That will spend 98 in your rogue line and max out your dps.
    In the swashbuckler tree to max out dps you want the poison line reach and advanced warning. how you spend the few extra points to get to 70 is up to you. Once you can get the SF stuff you want the xtra hate xfer the increase to the two back stabs damage and the endline. That should spend 87 points in this line and your good there for dps
    TSO lines are mosty what you have i only put 4 into battle endurance, I dont have fencing expertise repost damage is not worth aa trying to get up unless your tanking. that will spend 65 in TSO and cap you at the 250 overall aa.
  3. ARCHIVED-Valkyriur Guest

I dont see the need for the extra points in hate transfer. We use a bezerker for main tank, the dirge doesnt even put hate on him, and doing 25-30k dps I dont rip hate, if I get up in the 80s on the hate meter which is rare, I pop slight of hand on the dirge or off tank templar and drop to single digits or teens on the hate meter. I only threw a coupl points in boot dagger because even maxed it isnt grat dps. I do however have points in sta. I never touched battle endurance though...
  4. ARCHIVED-Arnah Guest

Your right for raiding I dont need the extra hate transfer. I took this only because I pug quite a bit and end up with some really sucky tanks sometimes. For raiding this is a waste of 5 aa.
  5. ARCHIVED-Zemizia Guest

Thanks for all the responses so far! Can I ask, if you all don't mind, what kind of numbers you're putting out with your respective set ups?
    We raided on Saturday, and I was fortunate enough to be placed in a group with a Dirge and a Coercer! In ToMC I was parsing 11-12k consistently, and spiked up to 14.5k on one of the Captains before heading down to the snake. I know once I can get more of either my T3 or T4 pieces that should go up a bit. I'm very much open to suggestions, and I'll try other specs to see how they work for me. I want to be able to play my alts as well as I play my main, otherwise why bother lol.
  6. ARCHIVED-Arnah Guest

well were already doing SF, but we have hit a few of the old zones up frist named in ToMC did 24k and second named because short terms were down was only 20k. Most of the newer fights because of jousting and such I am only tossing up 16-18k parses.
  7. ARCHIVED-skylancer Guest

Go get the BG chest/legs and weapons once myth 2.0 done ftw.
    Mostly legendary sf stuff right side and charms, dual wield the BG weapons, and have the pvp set armour for other 5 pieces.
    Also have pvp version of the blood symphony bangle
    Im swags, there was a 43k DoM in there that fight. In munzok's, 88x4 i think.
    Sperba wasnt 90 yet
    a void enforcer: (00:27) | 2144215 | 79415 | [Sperba-Assassinate-56909]
    Swags/21213/0 / 0Sperba/17863/0 / 0
  8. ARCHIVED-DngrMouse Guest

Zemi@Lucan DLere wrote:
    I've maxed out str/sta in the rogue tree, and have six points so far in boot dagger. Tswipe, and sailwind for the endline abilities, and maxed out Cunning Prowess, and Capo Ferro, (also have 5 points in Coordination, so far). Wrapped it up with 2 points in DoM.
    Swash tree, Potency, Reach, and Style. Endlines are Viscerating Stab, Punctured Lung, Flash of Power, and Swarthy Expertise. There were no changes to the Shadows tree, so I won't bother with that.
    I generally do 17k to 20k parses, (with individual fights up to 30k), spike over 50k, DoM 8th proc is never under 40k, (best so far was 56k).