Resolve

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by knine, Apr 22, 2016.

1. Vunder Well-Known Member

It's completely 100% RNG I've been in the zone almost nightly when portal pops for weeks...nothing..

So please don't say its easy because it's not easy when it comes down to a RNG. It's a horrible time sink and a simply idiotic system.
  2. RedBB Active Member

What vunder said. But getting off topic. Get ready boys and girls because I foresee another server merge in the future from the population drop.
  3. Kham Active Member

Once again it may not be a problem right now but implementing a system in which content HAS THE POSSIBILITY to be so heavily gated by raid structure alone is a terrible idea. Any type of gating should be left to gear alone, and if they want to use a resolve buff it should totally stack across the board.This at least limits the gating to gear and just the number of players in the raid, and not the actual raid structure itself. We should not have to go out and recruit players of different classes than what we are currently running or make people play different classes to keep from being penalized by a gating system, now, or ever.

If at any point in time missing 9 resolve buffs makes it so 1 player in my raid is 1 resolve short, this is exaclty whats happening and its utter ********. I would imagine I am not the only one who feels this way.
    Daalilama likes this.
  4. Genghes Active Member

One resolve means 1% more incoming damage to the player and 1% less damage that person would do on the mob :)
  5. Genghes Active Member

Not game breaking
  6. Kham Active Member

Ya, untill its 15 raiders at 30 resolve cuz i have 8 repeat classes and the raid mobs are higher resolve.
    the ability for the devs to determine how raids are structured in order to killl content on a general level is ********.

hop in vent g man, we can chat.
    Daalilama likes this.
  7. Hamorm Member

Shorthanded achievements! This mechanic could be an issue for guild's that have a revolving door because of drama or leadership ... Maybe another server merge will be the result!
  8. Genghes Active Member

The effect allows devs to tweak the difficulty of an encounter on a much easier format. Content is to challenging...adjust the resolve requirement. This is going to be fun
  9. Entropy Well-Known Member

Raid composition should be based on the optimal mix of class value based on the abilities and archetype roles they play.

Minimum raid size should be determined by how skilled or overgeared your force is for any particular content.

I've never seen another MMO try to gate raid progression behind forced class diversity or forced minimum raid sizes. I absolutely don't understand what positive metagame shift they are trying to get out of this part of the Resolve mechanic.

Who the heck cares if people are Shorthanding content? (PSSST - DEVS - YOU HAVE BEEN GIVING US SPARKLY ACHIEVEMENT BANNERS/POINTS FOR DOING THIS PREVIOUSLY. TRY NOT TO BE SO BLATANTLY CONTRADICTORY.)

And likewise, the metagame, based on aforementioned value and archetype roles, leads to multiples of certain classes in an optimized raid comp right now, particularly enchanters/bards and some healers. If there's such a burning desire on the dev team to change this, then make underused classes ACTUALLY USEFUL at endgame instead. Class-specific raid Resolve buffs is literally the most blunt, sloppy, thoughtless, and heavy-handed way I can think of to tweak that balance.

Congratulations on proposing what might be the most catalysmically terrible mechanic in modern MMO history (*flash Achievement banner*).
    Kham likes this.
  10. Kham Active Member

you mean it could be an issue for any guild who uses more of the alike classes than they determine acceptable when adjusting a mobs resolve number?
  11. Arieva Well-Known Member

I find it a horrible idea to implement this going into the summer months. Shorthanded raiding is a fact for many guilds in the summer. Especially those like mine that don't allow blatant cheating by running botted characters to fill empty slots. This mechanic is a double blow because yes, we'll be down people due to warm weather to start with and now you're telling me that if we're shorthanded enough those that did show up instead of going to a barbeque will be less effective?? Add time limit mechanics and you have a recipe for disaster for many guilds.

Kham makes a valid point, not allowing the buff to stack across the same classes will only make matters worse. Before oasis was merged my guild ran 3 conji's just to fill spaces and meet dps checks. We got it done..was it ideal, heck no. But on a low population server it was what was required to progress. This mechanic would basically further punish a guild in a similar situation. If you can meet the script requirements the mob should die, period. Drop these extra gates to progression and come up with more meaningful scripts and quantity of raid encounters instead.
  12. Entropy Well-Known Member

If this goes live, the first time we have to call raids off for the night because we were Resolve-gated due to lack of attendance or class diversity (when we could have otherwise cleared some of the content) I am cancelling my subscription and I'm done with this game. The only way to actually exercise any power as a customer in a business relationship is to stop paying for services. When this game becomes un-fun and unnecessarily frustrating, that relationship is f'n over.

And yes, before you ask, you can all have my stuff.
  13. Gninja Developer

Lets please wait until Thursday to make assumptions about how this will go. If it ends up being too restrictive we can discuss it, that is why we are doing it now and not in the expansion so we can make sure its implemented right and not overly punishing to any specific play styles other than unintended ones such as 13 of a specific class or something. Lets also keep this thread constructive and on topic.
    Xillean, Ratitz, Kham and 4 others like this.
  14. Genghes Active Member

Haha nice reference
    Azeren likes this.
  15. Vunder Well-Known Member

Don't forget they also give you game breaking items that make 1 well geared DPS do as much or more dps as a normal (casualish) raid group combined. Add the fact of equiping 2 relics + a greater relic and I fully expect to see 1 billion DPS parses in the next few months.

Who needs group 4 when you have a BL parsing 500 million DPS+ by himself in say group 2?

I really don't mind another stat when it comes down to it. My biggest issue these past few months have been the seriously game breaking items they have introduced. (and I am far from the only one that has concerns over them)

My next question is. Will 2 slip relics share the same cooldown? If not that would be an instant massive DPS bolt on.
  16. Kham Active Member

Gninja with all due respect just the possibility of gating content based on raid structure is bad. these buffs should stack. If you wish to punish raids with less than 24 people thats fine, but I should not be expected to have a raid force with a higher average resolve number because I use 3 templars 2 of each bard 2 of each chanter 2 assassins and 2 necros. There isnt an extreme amount of any class in my raid force but yet its more than 1/3 total resolve buffs gone. How is this ever going to be acceptable? Please rethink this now and not going into the expansion. Its bad enough we have to deal with crit mit 2.0, dont also pigeon hole raid structure.
    Daalilama likes this.
  17. Gninja Developer

Like I mentioned, lets wait and see how it is before jumping to conclusions. If its too restrictive we can address it and I don't mean just address it with the expansion. The numbers we set the raid bosses to does not assume you have a raid of 24 different classes that would be silly.
    Xillean, -Soteria- and Genghes like this.
  18. Entropy Well-Known Member

It's not a matter of how "restrictive" it is, it's the principle of even having to deal with this at all as a raid leader.

Rather than leave us here to whine and stew in uninformed misery, can you please provide an official dev explanation of why this part of the Resolve mechanic needs to be added? If it's literally just to prevent exploiting specific raid encounters with X of a certain class, that is NOT a good reason to cause us ***-pain.

edit - Let me clarify my request: Please explain to us why you can't just gate us by keeping this as an item stat only.
  19. Kham Active Member

I realize this, but at what point is it going to be an issue. at what point will the lack of resolve buffs effect my raiders based on their current gear. the fact remains when that threshold is met, x raidforce will need more resolve than y raidforce who has different structure and that simply isnt fair, or even reasonable. This isnt a concern for gu 100, its a concern for the future. When the xpac starts it means a less diverse raid will have to get more gear than a more diverse raid in order to progress. the only way this isnt true is if the resolve numbers needed to be met are so low it doesnt even matter,.
  20. Gninja Developer