Resolve

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by knine, Apr 22, 2016.

1. Ingerimm Well-Known Member

I to, i do not play on test to level a char without exploiting to 100 ... but DB means its the real feeling to do dat .. now ... to test the new content ...
    Feldon likes this.
  2. Jrel Well-Known Member

"LFM DPS KP zones, 4/6, Resolve (Gear Score) 125+"

Get rid of Resolve...
    DoomDrake, Lithinor, Beee and 3 others like this.
  3. Neiloch Well-Known Member

So its even worse than crit mit, lol.

Either they won't use it to force us out of current gear being used or they will use it to force us to 'upgrade' resolve while possibly downgrading other stats. The latter is most likely since they wouldn't need to even add the stat if they weren't doing exactly that.

We don't need to wait and see, we already saw it and the players hated it. Yet here we are.
    Healious, Lithinor, -Soteria- and 2 others like this.
  4. Mermut Well-Known Member

Given past experience, I fear you're right. We're going to have to take inferior gear (stats and procs) for the magic resolve stat :(
    Neiloch and Xillean like this.
  5. Uncle Active Member

ethereals do not have resolve on them currently
  6. Ingerimm Well-Known Member

Thx, Uncle, i had suspected, a to make clear to all the work again destroyed. Thanks DB.
    Neiloch likes this.
  7. Jrel Well-Known Member

Besides the gear score bias, I'm worried about when lower-geared players join raids/groups, how much more of a detriment will they be when they will be taking more damage than current amounts if only because of a few pieces of gear?

Now, one area where I see resolve can be a great thing is if we do away with these group/raid procs that cause lag or create extra calculations on every attack, and just make static resolve buffs on items.
  8. Mermut Well-Known Member

Do ANY weapons have resolve on them?
  9. Tyman Active Member

Does the scout voyeur prestige at least let us SEE how much resolve we need for certain encounters? Or will we know in other ways?
  10. Uncle Active Member

all tot weapons have resolve on them
  11. Therein Active Member

We have already been down this road. It was one of the worst decisions ever made.
    Lithinor, Xillean and Neiloch like this.
  12. Mermut Well-Known Member

Which equipment slots have resolve on them? Weapons, obviously. Armor? Jewelry? Cloaks?
  13. Uncle Active Member

everything in tot has resolve on it jewelry/cloaks/armor/weapons/belts
    Mermut likes this.
  14. Tyman Active Member

Im going to ask another dumb question. Is it all mobs in the game with resolve now, or just stuff in ToT and beyond?

I would hate for lower level mobs to get resolve in an oversight, but lower level gear doesn't get it...would make leveling interesting.
  15. Mermut Well-Known Member

If only ToT gear is getting resolve, I doubt they've spent the man-hours to add resolve to other content.
  16. Uncle Active Member

before you ask it is tiered mc>solo>heroic/raid>relic/harder to obtain raid gear
  17. Mermut Well-Known Member

*nod* As I assumed... part of what I guessed.. 'forcing' us to upgrade gear with better procs for inferior gear with more resolve :(
  18. Uncle Active Member

I can not answer at this time since I do not have a level 100 on test. Looking at the gear numbers it save to assume solo content will not have resolve on the mobs and will probley pick up in heroic+ content
  19. Gninja Developer

Only creatures in Zek, The Scourge Wastes and beyond will have the stat. The best way I can describe it is its an extra mitigation stat that everyone has and it can be controlled/balanced on all slots rather than by adornments or random stats on items in the past. Crit mit only affected critical hits and such severely hurt you if you did not have enough and was fairly difficult to understand. This is very straight forward and works in a more intuitive way.
    Beee likes this.
  20. Flatline Well-Known Member

Its pure gating, with the dps DECREASE of players added ontop of the INCREASED damage, it will be extremely difficult to heal through insufficient CritMitV2 since your dps output gets lowered to and then the timed encounters kick in and beat your rear end to a pulp.