Resolve

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by knine, Apr 22, 2016.

1. Entropy Well-Known Member

Then how about allowing up to 2 of each class to count towards the Resolve? That'll solve your 13 Brigands problem, or whatever it ends up being in the future.

I still think it's a slap in the face of Shorthanded raiding, which isn't cool, but whatever.
  2. Gninja Developer

Shorthanded raiding would be no different than having multiples of the same class and we have already stated that the resolve stat numbers on bosses are not set to having 24 different classes.
  3. Neiloch Well-Known Member

I think the worry is compounding problems. Such as having a shorthanded raid that ALSO has class doubles.

You go in there with <4 full typically solid groups (role wise, healer, dps, utility give or take a tank) but you have 2 or 3 sets of 'doubles' and now you are down to ~15 people as far as Resolve is concerned. We haven't been forced to 'progress' with a short handed raid in a while but I think that's the concern, I'm not 100% sure.
  4. Silzin Active Member

@Gninja

The new Resolve stat from reading everything in this thread it looks like you are trying to deal with 2 very different problems with it and i think you will fail horribly if you try to deal with both.

1st problem - Using Old gear with OP Procs/effects that the Dev team look at later and say "there is no way we can upgrade that effect" ... "it will break the Game if we Reintroduce that Proc like that"

Ok, getting players out of old gear has been a problem since very powerful gear was introduced... Looking at Epic's... If the Resolve Needed on the Mobs is strictly held to 90-95% of the resolve that you can get from the gear up to that Mob... Cool this will work... But See Problem #2

2nd Problem - Class Diversity - Getting more people play unpopular classes ... ok classes do not become unpopular become of "Fads" ... classes stop being as effective in current content and that class is not liked... (I am not telling you anything new here)

If the Resolve needed is set to having (Lets Say) 20 out of 24 Different Classes Cool, Take Resolve off of gear and do not try to deal with Problem 1 with it... this can be used BADLY to force class diversity. but as soon as the guild does not have enough players to get to the 20 players they will start failing (You may be able to make it just based of % Of players in raid) ... OK

If you try to make it Both 20 out of 24 Classes and 90% of the Gear then guilds that can only fielding 3 full groups will have 0 chance at getting the 1st few mobs down ... let alone the T1 and T1.5. mobs... they will fold and not join other guilds... At the same time guilds willing to be the for 1% will do 22 (Or so) out of 24 classes and still use 3-4 of the older gear... So you Lose all the way around.

In all. please tell us what problem this is designed to "Fix" and we can give better and more focused feedback. PLEASE.
    Daalilama, Neiloch and Billyrayy like this.
  5. Tomshindo Active Member

Now I see the intention. Indeed we need to wait for GU100 to check it out.
    I think they plan to increase DPS more and more as an expansion is added on. With this relation they added ' greater relic ' as well. However it obviously seems to be unbalance between all classes including class cloaks. These updates may be important for them, but I think its more important to make balance than these updates( greater relic and resolve ).People want to love their class their own , not gears....perhaps.
    Anyway I will wait and check them out. Thank you for your patience.
  6. Thand Well-Known Member

i just wish they would make the Crate Umbrel items Hierloom instead of no trade
  7. Billyrayy Active Member

That's extremely off topic but sure heirloom would be nice.
  8. Dotuming Active Member

Its all good. If it works anything like fervor, summoners will get +2% and our pets will give us -4%!

*shamless plug* #fixsummonerpetandswarmpetfervorprettypleasewithsugar */shameless plug*
    Yoube, Neiloch and Anunnaki like this.
  9. Lea Plath Active Member

The main issue is a lack of transparency, both from you and the mechanics. We know you try your best, and we are a bunch of toxic gits, but a lot of the time we feel like we are being kept in the dark. And it is frustrating. I've played EQ2 on and off for years. No matter what game comes out, I always come back to it. I love this game, its lore and the community that has built up.

DB was meant to have a push for transparency with the bug reporter and stuff, but all we get is a looked at by mod, nothing beyond that. If someone came back to us every 2 months or so, having looked at the bugged issues and gone "That is working as intended, that is a bug that we will look into, that is a bug we will look into, that is a major bug" we would at least feel they are being looked at. Or like the class cloaks, if you had just said "these are how we intend them to be, we are pushing priests to be more spell focused" then people would of gone "we disagree, rabble rabble rabble" but we would at least understand and respect the transparency.

So, can you at least give us an idea. A ballpark for an easy heroic mob, a hard heroic mob and an easy raid mob? Remove our worries.

And is there plans to refocus classes and rebalance them? Right now, for example, coercers and illusionists are less about stacking mental damage procs on enemies and triggering them a lot and more about mimicing the biggest DPS. They are doing well, but they feel like they have lost their core focus. And I know wizards/warlocks feel like they are struggling esepcially with the procs.
  10. RedBB Active Member

Seeing as fighting heroics feels like x2s of old already, I see no reason mobs should hit harder over some arbitrary stat. Everyone is so focused on the raiding aspect but the power curve on ToT alone is so steep, I'm dreading what this new stat is going to add to the mix in the new content. Something about watching a tank with 25k mit and 210k resists getting creamed for 5mil hp from heroic trash that just makes me want to vomit. Certain named that can't be completed without 100mil dps, the already heavy scripting that makes healers want to cry. Bottom line it feels like unless you are decked out in the fanciest of gear you're pretty much SOL for progression. Now you want to hard line that very issue with a single stat. Good job deybreak.
  11. Mermut Well-Known Member

Which heroic fights are you talking about that feel like x2s?
  12. Regolas Well-Known Member

Gotta be talking about MC. Those names do take as long as x2's to kill with 1 group. But they're not the norm for this xpac, they're for heroic players that want a challenge.
  13. Dedith Well-Known Member

It's been stated that heroic mobs will be tuned for the resolve from gear only, the buffs shouldn't be needed there. It's also been stated that Raids will be tuned for having the resolve buffs, but the required resolve will not be at the cap of what is obtainable up to that point. Exact numbers were not given, but it was implied 10-20% below cap from gear/buffs at that point in progression would not be far off.

It was also implied that they would be watching the new content closely to see if they need to tune the resolve values in either direction.
  14. Travail Member

All I keep hearing as I read through this is "the sky is falling, the sky is falling". I have never seen so much ignorance compiled in one spot before. Everyone is already thinking the worst when it has not even been tested properly yet. Wait till we have had resolve on live for a bit and actually see how its implemented and utilized before you start to throw stones at the devs. Its like everyone is completely ignoring everything Gninja has said on here.
  15. NrthnStar5 Well-Known Member

A Dev Blog about this would have been appropriate prior to the news coming out. Why are we adding resolve? What problem are we trying to solve, or What are we trying to add to the game with this stat? Explain your logic, reasoning, and purpose. Otherwise, everyone just goes on opinion/assumption. Furthermore, if the player base had a clear understanding of what the team is trying to accomplish, they could better test the new stat and provide feedback based on if it's aligning with said goals.
    Jrel, Xillean and Tomshindo like this.
  16. Kham Active Member

exactly
  17. Mandoblast Active Member

Every expac has a method to get players into new gear. A few examples:

ToV: Crit Mit + stat inflation
    AoM: Level increase + resists
    ToT: Infusion + increase resists
    Expac 13: Resolve

GU 100 use of resolve, in my opinion, is a way for the Devs to test how to implement resolve before it becomes a mandatory gear reset. I remember when the fabled zones came out last spring, and RUM as well, that some of the itemization was changed to get use used to how ToT was going to handle gear going forward.

I am sure that there will be problems with resolve in GU 100 but I would rather they be addressed now rather than rolling out resolve in expac 13 cold and spending the first month wondering what is going on. Really, creating another stat for players to achieve, and one that is not modified by current stat inflation, seems on the surface to be controllable. We will just have to find out if this is true.

The only bad part about this resolve stat for expac 13 that I can see is is that it pretty much shoots down a level increase for the expac. 3 expacs at level 100 is geting kinda old.
  18. -Soteria- Well-Known Member

You kind of highlighted a pretty reasonable concern when you were calling everyone ignorant just then.
    It's actually customary to test stuff BEFORE it goes live...
    Neiloch, Xillean and Healious like this.
  19. Entropy Well-Known Member

Yep. Same situation with the non-retroactive (partially retroactive boost) increase to stats on TOT armor. Basically zero communication from the devs - just something to the effect of "this just happened and no we aren't going to reevaluate it". Really? How hard is it to take the 15 minutes for a senior Dev to aggregate the thoughts and intentions of the Dev team into one good sized blog post? That is the kind of insight and feedback that players care about. Bad news is a lot easier to stomach when the person responsible for it lays out a foundation of reasoning behind it.

Players getting bent out of shape over changes isn't usually about the change itself, it's usually due to a lack of understanding as to why the change is being made. It is NOT hard to give us detailed explanations - it just needs to be an executive decision and priority within the company.
    -Soteria- and bartlesman like this.
  20. bartlesman New Member

This used to happen.