Resolve requirements for Currency Merchant?

Discussion in 'Items and Equipment' started by Observing, Dec 21, 2021.

1. Taled Well-Known Member

If you are a solo player, you dont need resolve.

If you are not a solo player and you do need resolve, all current content rewards gear in line to push you towards the next tiers of content.

There is ZERO 'resolve mandate' for any solo content in EQ2 that I am aware of, and if you find some it is likely either a bug or not actually solo content.

(P.S. yelling 'mansplaining' any time something is explained to you makes you look ridiculous. And to be abundantly clear, I'm not mansplaining - I'm explaining like you're a five year old, because that is the level of comprehension you have shown)
  2. Ayodi Active Member

Overland names, public ( notice that means any player ) quest raids, Solo weekly overland name quest. All ( as in without exception ) have resolve and further potency req.s

Hope you see the pattern there & enjoy your plate of crow :)

-Ayodi

P.S. It would also freshen your perspective to inspect all the names in the new solo, each has req.s
    Riverbear likes this.
  3. DENSER Well-Known Member

frankly guys who's right, whatever.you need potency to be able to hurt a mob.
    Potency who Comes from a gear who got resolve on it.
    If u want to kill something in 2 sec or 2 mins or beeing OS during a day or even a week your choices ;)
    Twyla likes this.
  4. Taled Well-Known Member

Overland names are heroic mobs, definitively not solo. Public quests aren't raids, though they do require large groups of players- but also do not have resolve requirements unless they added them recently. I couldn't check all four Vetrovia PQs because they weren't up, but I *did* check the Boneheads PQ in Svarni Expanse because it spawned while I was double checking the nameds in the Merchants Den solo in case you happened to be correct by some fluke of luck, and I can say for sure that it does NOT have a resolve buff on it.

The solo weekly overland nameds also do *not* have resolve attached, only the weekly *heroic* overland named mobs have resolve, because they are heroic.

The new solo zone does not have resolve on the nameds. I even just ran back through it and checked every single named just because you were so confident - Every single named, from Captain Twoshanks through to Archlord Dyrraga has the exact same buff package - 'Blockade' to prevent the first 5 hits, and 'Fly-by-Night' which has the following exact text as its first line:
    "This encounter does not benefit from Resolve."

(That line is also, by the way, the first line on every solo overland nameds buff package. That's the main way you can tell it's intended to be a *solo* named and not a *heroic* named, because it doesn't require resolve.)

If you'd like to call me out and claim that I am wrong and need to eat crow, time for you to pony up and provide even the tiniest shred of evidence to back up your claim that there is any *SOLO* content that requires resolve.

Otherwise, take your own advice.
  5. Ayodi Active Member

If you lack the ability to see the resolve and potency req.s it only means you can't perceive what you need in oder to function. Do not take others to task because you do not know how to click and read in game services. To persist in your view point is to rearrange chairs on a sinking boat. Please learn to use and understand the standard interface combat services.
    -Ayodi
    Riverbear likes this.
  6. Taled Well-Known Member

It is amazing how badly you understand the game. Have a nice life - hopefully you are better at the real world.
  7. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

I think you have the motivation wrong. It's not to prevent old gear being used. We expect everybody to be looking for new, upgraded, improved gear going into a new expansion as a matter of course. The whole point of this type of game is "power shopping" for bigger and better gear.

Resolve serves as an artificial gating mechanism to keep us from rushing through the content. They have a fairly small staff and instead of giving us many questlines to pursue and keep us busy, they're using Resolve and the need for huge amounts of Potency to slow our progress. We're forced to wait on the RNG of the crates we get from Thadampos. Even H2s and raiding doesn't really help you advance your Resolve... it's pretty much all dependent on those crates.

I understand why they do this. I don't like it... I'd much rather have tons of side quests to play with, in varying degrees of difficulty. But it is what it is, so I visit Thadampos and amass the coinage I need to buy his crates every day instead, which feels like a senseless grind.
    Twyla and Vlkodlak like this.
  8. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Not exactly. There are soloable overland names, then there is one big heroic overland name per VoV overland zone.
    Twyla and Taled like this.
  9. Taled Well-Known Member

You're correct - I lost a word when I edited. Further in the post I differentiate between the two.

There are six solo named and one heroic named in each Visions of Vetrovia overland zone.
    Sigrdrifa likes this.
  10. Bludd Well-Known Member

resolve can be seen as a "gear score" for solo players since none of their encounters involve the resolve directly, but higher resolve means higher stats and higher stats means beating ever increasing chaotic leech and combat mitigation and these two mechanics are what makes old (solo) gear unusable when a new expac comes
    Twyla likes this.
  11. Riverbear Active Member

Must have struck a cord :)
  12. Ayodi Active Member

The whole point of this type of game is being an MMO - providing a large arena where numerous players can adventure & interact at what level they find agreeable, with other players. EQ2 is not now, nor has it ever been a game where we sign up to shop, or be nickel and dimed at every turn. And as to the question that was posed earlier by one of the many people who get their posts disappeared: the answer is certainly: both instances.
    Twyla and Riverbear like this.
  13. Vlkodlak Well-Known Member

I agree with many here, I loathe resolve, but I fully understand its purpose and overall necessity. It was the best easiest way to gate the player from literally bum rushing every encounter and clearing the expansion is weeks.
    Twyla and Ayodi like this.
  14. Riverbear Active Member

That certainly sounds reasonable the way you said it and if it were not for the fact that Resolve serves as a cattle chute straight to PtP /PtW propensity of outcome, I would agree.
    One wonders if someone elses' compensation packages are enhanced to an appreciable measure by the execution of this protocol.
    Set the table so customers pay more, and then accumulate a reward based on how much more paying customers contribute?
    (pay=Move the claw! Grab the Plushie! ~dangit~Rinse repeat)

It simply cannot be dumbed down to one disciplinary code placed to restrain players from playing.
    ___________________________________~What does that even mean?~
    Resolve is pure, distilled evil, imho, of course until this post is redacted by the wolves.
    Be well :)

Screen Shot For Posterity ;)
    Lateana and Ayodi like this.
  15. girney Active Member

why are there not any weapon, shield or bow rewards in tier 11 crates?
    Twyla likes this.
  16. DENSER Well-Known Member

Or rather a way of neglecting content, trivializing it around numbers?
    Everyone sees it as they see fit