Resolve requirements for Currency Merchant?

Discussion in 'Items and Equipment' started by Observing, Dec 21, 2021.

1. Cusashorn Well-Known Member

I'm currently at 6928 resolve and I'm not at T10. Pretty sure it's 6930.
  2. Taled Well-Known Member

6619 = T5 crate (every 5 hrs, 87 coins)
    6621+ = T7 crate (every 5 hrs, 87 coins)
    6826+ = T9 crate (every 5 hrs, 87 coins)
    6931+ = T10 crate (every 20 hrs 101 coins)
    7036+ = T11 crate (every 20 hrs, 101 coins)
    7141+ = T12 crate
    7351+ = T13 crate
    7505+ = T14

Basically their entire list is off at least a bit.
  3. Nutari Member

T12 and T13 and T14 can be taken every 20 hours and 101 coins.
    I am really not sure if 7505 is for T14.
    T14 is 345 Resolve.

To get this value you need Head and Head Mythical
    All others at 340
    Neck at 355 and Waist at 350

At all:

Shoulder, Chest, Forearms, Leg, Feet = 1700 Resolve
    Primary, Secondary, Range = 1020
    Wrist, Wrist, Finger, Finger, Ear, Ear, Charm, Charm, Cloak = 3060
    Waist = 350
    Neck = 355
    Head = 350
    Hand = 350

Mount = 275

Makes: 7460 .

So i need 45 More Resolve what means, 8 Parts must be 345 like in the T14 crate....

The only thing i could assume, 345 is not T14, its T13.5 ? ;)

The other option i could imagine are the T5 bosses.
    Dont know if they drop 345 ?

The last option would be the new game update with instances where you can get dropped armor etc. with 345 resolve at endboss.
    Riverbear likes this.
  4. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

We have a GU coming soon that will have Challenge Heroics, so there may very well be upgrades there.
  5. Taled Well-Known Member

Well, you're somewhat right - I should have written 7506, not 7505.

I don't have it personally to check, but multiple people have confirmed that number just like all the others on the way up.

All of the crates *would* require you to have 50%+ already at the quality available in the box, *if* you weren't able to overcome it with extra resolve from the Exanimate pieces and 355 neck. The T14 crate is simply harder to do so because you can't make up nearly as much resolve with the exanimate/meta neck.
  6. Komori New Member

You cannot achieve tier 7 crates as a solo player.
  7. Taled Well-Known Member

This isn't even close to accurate.
    Observing likes this.
  8. Komori New Member

I wasn’t aware math was debatable
  9. Melkior Well-Known Member

Share your work? Perhaps people are aware of other things that are achievable that you haven't considered. I was pretty sure though by doing Ghoulinda's dailies you could get into Tier 7/. But you aren't wrong. Math itself isn't debatable. What goes into the numbers you add up however, could be.
  10. Bramdar Active Member

I achieved tier 7 as a solo player. It took a bit of work and some temporary gear, but here's what I did:

- The solo instance bosses occasionally drop resolve 300 items (in most of the instances, at least)
    - The weekly solo mission rewards a class-specific resolve 300 item
    - Completing the collections from the item and POI missions (the prerequisites for the Sister Ghoulinda mission) give you several resolve 310 items
    - Ghoulinda's daily crypt mission has a chance to reward resolve 300 items, and a rare chance to reward resolve 305 items (I've managed to get both from one mission a few times)
    - All mastercrafted armor/jewelry is 300 resolve as well. Even if you don't like the item, make or buy as much of it as you can to give yourself enough of a temporary resolve boost to buy the T7 crate

I've done this with 4 characters so far. Most needed a few of the MC items temporarily, but now they've all picked up enough upgrades from the crates that they're naturally over the resolve requirement.
    Riverbear, Xillean and Taled like this.
  11. Taled Well-Known Member

It isn't, which is why your statement is not even close to accurate.

Maybe if mounts didn't give resolve you could make that claim, but since they do, well...

(Edit: I guess, MAYBE, if you ignore the fact that solo instance drops are not the only solo obtainable gear, you could make that argument still. It'd still be wrong and kind of dumb, but you COULD make it.)
  12. Guxex New Member

I have 2 Toons at T7 never done a heroic, only play solo
    Riverbear likes this.
  13. Komori New Member

Let me examine your character in game live before you purchase a tier 7 crate then I will believe you.
  14. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Apparently a lot of people are unaware that Corpsolinda in Little Town (Forlorn Gist) sells really good gear for Obol Obscura, which you get doing the Solo weekly (among other things). You buy the belt first, then there's an upgrade, and a second upgrade to the belt. Then you work on the rest of the armor pieces. They are all 350 Resolve.
  15. Taled Well-Known Member

You're the one claiming it is impossible. Show *YOUR* work.
  16. Komori New Member

You forgot to leave the total number of Obol you will need, and the amount of weeks, I mean months it will take. Maybe into the next Xpac?
    Riverbear likes this.
  17. Bramdar Active Member

I can't show you my gear from before I started buying crates, because I don't have most of it any longer. But here - look at my 2 primary characters:

Bramdar (Shadow Knight)
    Merryn (Coercer)

Take a look at their Triumphs achievements for Visions of Vetrovia. No heroic kills, no heroic POIs discovered. If you're not sure where to find those:

Bramdar
    Merryn

Scroll all the way to the end of that page for the Visionis of Vetrovia Triumph achievements.

These are my 2 most played characters. I haven't even done all PQs with them (by the way, PQs contribute to the weekly overland named mission, which is another way to get resolve 300 gear.) For me, the largest boost came from making a bunch of mastercrafted gear to temporarily exceed 6620 resolve. I kept a few of those pieces, but I've sold most of it by now.
    Xianthia likes this.
  18. Taled Well-Known Member

So now your complaint is that it takes time and not that it is impossible?

I just took all of five minutes to look through the rewards from *ONLY* the Vetrovia Adventure signature quests, and here is what you have if you put on all mastercrafted plus the items I pulled out as rewards from that and the 'super rare' solo mount and forearms. Note that this requires all of FIVE items that aren't immediately available from the broker, and you're TWENTY FOUR resolve short - which you can easily make up through other quest/achievement/collection/etc rewards as a solo player - I just don't feel like doing all of your homework for you.

(For instance, I didn't include the 305 weapon you get from 'Spoils of Vetrovia' after doing all the quests.)

[IMG]

If you can't get to T7 resolve as a solo player, it's on YOU, not on the game or the developers. Ask for help if you can't figure it out, but don't show up here and claim it doesn't work. Being a crybaby doesn't help anyone, least of all yourself.
    Xillean, Mejulie, Rattophaxe and 2 others like this.
  19. Guxex New Member

A better reply would by asking how I did it and i would quite happily tell you, as everyone else has done. But considering this reply, go find out yourself
  20. Ayodi Active Member

Resolve is a machination by the game developers to FORCE players to use current expac gear. Period. If you are below resolve mandate, the Dev's punish you by increasing the negative elements against you AND by reducing the positive input from toons. In short, it is a whoopin' for not obeying. Resolve serves no other purpose than to stave off the use of gear from previous expacs. Resolve requirements are the number one reason players rage quit. Mansplaining how it is possible to be obedient is little better than having said nothing at all. However, IMHO the only way solo players are LIKELY to dodge the punishment mandate is to get groups and obtain gear that will show them to be compliant. In short, NOT by soloing.
    Riverbear likes this.