Resolve question (returning player)

Discussion in 'Zones and Populations' started by Semperfifofum, May 23, 2017.

1. Semperfifofum Well-Known Member

I find this guide to be helpful: https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq2/index.php?threads/raid-resolve.574415/

But my question is, how to know what my personal resolve must be - I mean before the raid group or heroic group is together.

Just to make things simple, I assume +10 resolve per person? So then is this how it works?

If I want to do Tier 1 Raid:

* my resolve must be 375 (or what? I can't zone in? I will be one shotted? I don't know the or-what on this point) ok moving on...

* if my raid is not full, but 18 people, then I can expect to get at least +10 x 17 = a +170 buff to my resolve? True? False?

Or is it,

* With heroic gear and heroic mount I will have minimum 335 reolve? +10 x 4 (groups)? That doesn't seem likely but idk.

--------------------------------

So assuming my first calculation is the right one, I need 375-170 = 205 in Resolve on my gear and with my buff alone, before joining a Tier 1 Raid. Is that the right way to look at it?

Thanks in advance! :)
  2. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

375 is a recommendation, rather than a requirement.

If you are at 375, the mob is normal.
    If you are at 370, you'll do 5% less damage to named, and take 5% more damage.
    If you are at 325, you'll do 50% less damage to named and take 50% more damage.
    If at 275, you'll do 100% less damage (0) to named, and take 100% more damage (2x).

Total resolve per mob includes all raid buffs. So if you have 17 other people, it is safe to assume you will get at least 170 extra resolve. (+5 per Chanter & Cleric).
    Semperfifofum likes this.
  3. Semperfifofum Well-Known Member

Thanks Errorr! One more question please,how does this translate to landscape heroic mobs?

I noticed that the Heroic 3ups (H^^^) wandering around and nearby to Warsilk woods are one shotting me, well ok, two shots with a death prevent catching the first one. Not to be TMI, but with Warsilk (the wandering giant), the first hit is much smaller, I'm wondering if I'm just not using the right prevention ability on the Shadowknight.

My resolve is around 186 and going up as I get more quested gear and named drops, but the second hit is about 5.5 million, sometimes 7.5 million (yeah I'm dumb enough to do it again,lol), and I can't reach that in BT and Twark gear, not even if I swap some out with thallumbra gear with 24% bonus to health. Are they meant to be grouped? Or is this because I'm still missing Epic 2.0 and Ascention skills? I haven't gotten to that part yet, one thing at a time.

Edit: oops make that two questions, I noticed that listing (in my link above) did not include the "Experts" It talks about tier 1, 2 and 3 Heroics, but not Expert mode. It does talk about challenge Mode though, which I'm not sure how that's different from Expert. If there's a more up to date listing, let me know.
  4. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

Warsilk & other ^^^ Nameds in Obulus are T2 Heroics I believe in terms of resolve. Intended to be killed by groups rather than solo. (Neither drop anything useful).

T1 Heroic - 190 Resolve
    T2 Heroic - 240
    T2 Heroic (Challenge) - 290
    T1 Raid - 375
    Expert Heroic - 390
    T2 Raid - 520
    T3 Raid - 590
    Expert Raid - 590 - 600.
    T4 Raid - 630

Numbers from memory, but its a rough idea.
    DoomDrake likes this.
  5. Semperfifofum Well-Known Member

Ah ok, that explains a lot. Legionaire's Conviction has me lasting about 3 hits with Warsilk, but that's all. LOL

Thanks!
  6. Mathafern Well-Known Member

I solo Warslik for the weekly since most of the other names are down. You need plenty of resolve for that, but he's not actually all that difficult.

Be sure that everyone in your group/raid knows about their resolve buff and casts it. You get 10-15 per person, depending on class. A full set of mastercrafted and everyone running their buffs will get you into either T1 heroic or T1 raid.

I recommend stronghold as a first T1 zone because it drops the 11 resolve gear you want to use to get your resolve up a little.

Once you get ascension to 5 you can start the epic quest which gives nice gear for each step of the quest completed which will boost your resolve to the point you need to be gearing up even further.

Key quests give you access to mythical armor pieces which also boost resolve significantly.
    Semperfifofum likes this.
  7. Semperfifofum Well-Known Member

That's good to know. I generally start with SK because I'm still figuring the map out. I like having some dangerous roamers in a map and had to laugh at the reprise of the ironbelly rabbits. I'm glad I started playing again, this expansion looks like it will be one of the most memorable ones. Love the music in Lost City of Torsis..

I think I remember some fantasy book talking about a city of Tarsis, and when i just googled it, I found this: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tarshish

Easter egg!