Closed / Unconfirmed Reset Password Is Been Broken!

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by redwoodtreesprite, Nov 17, 2019.

1. redwoodtreesprite Well-Known Member

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq2/index.php?threads/cant-reset-password.591473/

This is ridiculous! I have multiple old accounts with mercs and heroic characters, and am totally unable to access them to do the dragon event. :mad:
    There are two parts to this nasty website bug. The first keeps you from even getting a password reset sent. When any account name is entered, I get this message in red at the top:
    The Daybreak Username you entered is unrecognized or does not exist. Please try again.

Last week I was able to get at least that part working once. But when the link was clicked, I got this message on your site:
    "Sorry, a system error has occurred while processing your request."

This has been been an ongoing bug with Daybreak's site for years. It should have been fixed by now.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This has been attempted on three family computers, with different browsers. It was working a few weeks ago. But now it is completely broken.

I came back to EQ2 after years of not playing and was considering subbing again. But if your site is this broken, I am reconsidering.

Think about all the players who are in my shoes. They hear about this event and about the upcoming expansion. And are unable to play the game as they have forgotten their password and the site won't let them reset
  2. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

I truly understand your angst redwoodtreesprite, its very frustrating when things do not work the way they should. Might I ask if you have filed a petition? You can do that from the home page, you do not need to be able to log in. If you do that, do not wait for an email to arrive from them, almost immediately after I click the submit button, I update the petition with something like I am a real human in need of real assistance. And then I frequently update it until I receive a reply from CS. I usually get a response within 8-12 hours. I have never had to wait a full day. Just a suggestion as it may go faster going that route. You might also send a private forum message to Dreamweaver and ask him if would please forward your issue to someone that can assist you. He is very good at helping people and very quick at doing so.
    Breanna and Rosyposy like this.
  3. redwoodtreesprite Well-Known Member

I honestly don't know what they can do. Send me a reset password mail when it is impossible for their site to do more than say :
    "Sorry, a system error has occurred while processing your request."?
    I finally tried it with my phone. Was able to get the reset password sent, But IT STILL DOESN'T WORK EVEN USING A BROWSER ON MY PHONE!!!!!

It's hopeless I think. Those accounts with high level characters, mercs and so much more unlocked are lost to me. :(
  4. dreamweaver Well-Known Member

Which browser are you trying to use when this occurs? Do you use any pop up blocking software?
    Cyrrena and Breanna like this.
  5. redwoodtreesprite Well-Known Member

Firefox with everything disabled, Chrome, on phone - Chrome

With the phone I could get the reset mail, but the same webpage error.
    Cyrrena likes this.
  6. Svenone Well-Known Member

Just say no to ads and pop-ups! Blocking software is used because companies are trying to take more than the customer is willing to give, and all too often the data taken is used to the detriment of the customer.
    Cyrrena and Dude like this.
  7. redwoodtreesprite Well-Known Member

Very true. I only turned off all my blockers and such on Firefox when I tried the reset thing. Thing is, a few weeks ago it worked fine WITH the blockers and such enabled.
    Cyrrena likes this.