Rescue on Fighter AA

Discussion in 'Fighters' started by Harborx, Oct 31, 2018.

1. Harborx Member

In this time before chaos descending I've been tweaking a few AA's and have found that none of the Enhance:Rescue AA ability timers are working.
    Rescue
    Base reuse time = 2m 30s
    Using the Guardian tab of AA tree Enhance:Rescue timer is not reducing reuse....at all.
    I've removed it and used the Shadows tab of the AA tree Enhance:Rescue timer is not reducing reuse.....at all.

Rescue is limited to a 100% reduction reuse speed reduction or half of its base reuse time. So with one or the other enhancements of AA; the shortest amount of time should be 45s.

I've verified that the original ability scrolls timer is 2minutes 30seconds.

Please take a look at this. Yes, its become a 'thing' because I've wasted points in it and it does not work; just assumed it did. With the correct runes, Rescue will increase ability doublecast for a very short amount of time. More frequent use, per the description would be nice, currently 2m 30s is a complete waste and so are the points if vested in either enhancement.
    Blazen likes this.
  2. Adoninilol Well-Known Member

Wrong.

Base reuse of this spell is 5 minutes.

The maximum it can be lowered down to is 2 1/2 minutes.

Therefore your reuse AA's will do nothing.

You're welcome.
  3. Harborx Member

Negatory.
    Ive checked the base reuse of the spell on another class. It is 2minutes 30seconds.
    Check yourself.
  4. Tx80i Member

The recast of rescue is 5 mins, the reason you see 2 mins and 30 secs is the character you used to verify your claims has 100% reuse speed, Take a look at rescue on a toon with 0% reuse speed
  5. Adoninilol Well-Known Member

He doesn't understand how reuse works. Just ignore him
  6. Harborx Member

Go troll somewhere else Ad. I see what makes you a well-known member.
  7. Harborx Member

I already checked on a lvl 5 toon and the reuse was much higher cuz, golly, I've been max lvl and 100% reuse for some years now. Also, ignore that rat Ad. Probably just trolling the forums in between calls.
  8. Adoninilol Well-Known Member

Reuse AA's don't do anything if you're at 100% reuse because they can't go past 1/2 of their base. Meaning that if a spell is 5 minutes before any other modifications including ability reuse and AA's that reduce the reuse of an ability it can't go below half of 5, meaning 2 1/2.

What amuses me the most is the fact that the shadows AA's description specifically states that rescue is limited to "a 100% reuse speed reduction or half of it's base reuse time"

Feel free to call me a troll, it doesn't make me right or wrong in this scenario.

http://eq2library.com/guides/stats-breakdown/
    Here is a source, although eq2library is quite wrong is a myriad of other places.
    "Reuse Speed
    Description: Reduces the cooldown on your abilities, combat arts and spells. At 100% it reduces the cooldown by 50%.
    Cap: 100%"

If you need any other help, let me know.
  9. Harborx Member

I already know. Thanks anyway. Figured it out myself. Now the real question is why 25% ability doublecast for only 11s every 2.5minutes. Id like to see 25% ability doublecast on Provocation.
  10. Darkedge New Member

Rescue was always 5 min Base.
  11. Harborx Member

Yes that has been established and resolved. Now on to the rune that has 25% ability double. 2.5m is a bit of a long time. 25%ability double should be moved to provocation. Yes, looks like the perfect place to post this.
  12. Ogdinmar Active Member

its on rescue because of the long reuse. its to make sure it doesn't become op. 25% adc is actually a lot, especially considering how little of it is awarded via items/adorns/buffs. if it was on a spell you could use every 45sec it would change things more than every 2.5 min.
  13. Harborx Member

Why wouldn't guardians want it to become op? Tanks, generally, are lowest on the parse list next to healers. A little more damage would certainly not break anyone's game.
  14. Ogdinmar Active Member

Actually tanks are pretty high on the parse and guardians are already op.
  15. Adoninilol Well-Known Member

Tanks are already high on the parse, guardians can parse high and tank.