Requests for the Next Expansion

Discussion in 'Tradeskills' started by Meirril, Jun 4, 2017.

1. Meirril Well-Known Member

More or less my state of tradeskills 2016 looking forward to the expansion in the fall of 2017.

In general the TS questing in KA was very good, especially for Crafter/Adventurers. The crafting cloak upgrade was a nice touch. Would love to see that continue with other major crafting quest rewards getting an upgrade in the future.

The Gathering Goblin quest line removed a very powerful ability from crafters, and replaced it with several weaker abilities that when combined are maybe better than the goblin gatherer...until KA rares lose value next expansion. Please continue this quest line so it doesn't lose value. Reward could be anything, but it should feel like the harvesting speed boost + new reward is slightly better than another harvesting pony.

Lots of people have been requesting something be done with Tradeskill Apprentices. Bare minimum is a new set of recipes. Something better than bare minimum would be appreciated.

With a level increase it sounds like a good time for a new set of adornments. The purple adornments in KA were very well done, and some purple adornments from AoM still hold up decently. It might be better to work on a new set of white adornments rather than purple.

Out of all the materials needed for crafting, the biggest problems seem to come from rare food raws. While materials for ascension spells are also an extremely small supply, that feels like its intended to be that way. Food rare materials just seems like bad decisions on dev's part. I'd suggest having 3 different rarity of foods for the next expansion with common and rare food coming from harvesting, with "ultra rare" materials dropping in raids.

One small personal request: think about introducing a crafting PQ. That could be fun.
  2. Mizgamer62 Feldon Fan Club Member

Now that Domino is gone, who knows what we will get.
  3. Mermut Well-Known Member

Sad but true :(
  4. Kethryl Active Member

Yes, please! I have a house full of apprentices that seem to have lost interest in doing anything other than give me a potion.

Would love this!

One additional item, that's been bugging me since I brought it up at Fan Faire many years ago:

Please, please, please give us a better recipe book. The ability to filter things based on additional criteria (pretty much the same as the broker window would be fine) would make life SOOOO much easier on crafters.
  5. Leonitas of Potato Situational Awareness

I have noticed crafting elements at pq's lately. Example: 1 combine at each ballistae during jw pq, crafting at the trash mobs at the TOT pq last summer. I personally enjoy when they encourage crafters and adventurers to work together, and even better yet, when players can do both!

Please keep this up....but a crafting only pq might be interesting as well.
  6. Meirril Well-Known Member

Considering all of the recipes and back-end parts of crafting were handle by another dev, I'm sure all of that will be fine. The thing to be concerned about is crafting quests. There aren't a lot of devs that work on quests. Unless they can get someone from a different team to help, that just means shoving the work Domino was doing to another content developer...or just not creating crafting content.

Dev could decide to just implement the next expansions crafting content via a system of rush order and a new faction merchant. Or even an old faction merchant. Or we could get a very short quest series like you do for getting the 10-30 advanced tradeskill books. Or dev could commit to the idea of doing something worthy of being considered a signature line like we're use to. Heck, its even possible that dev could do 3 signature lines, one for crafters, one for adventurers and one that requires both. That would be awesome, but I don't think that last one would happen. Dev just doesn't have as much manpower as it use to.

A crafting PQ could be just about anything really. We could be building a bunch of gadgets to defeat a huge monster, or barriers and mechanical defenders to stop a shissar invasion, or we could be running around trying to get the gnomish mining device in Sol's Eye working again before the pissed off magma elementals destroy it (and us). We could even be preparing for the wedding of Lucan and Antonia trying to detect how many of the guests are assassins and trying to prevent their actual relatives from destroying the cake!
  7. Conifur Well-Known Member

My list, some of which might have been said:

1. White adorns for crafting. Some of the crafting gear has slots - let's give them crafting adorns. Increase rare harvest, increase ultra-rare harvest, increase chance for return of materials, increase in XP gain, increase in success gain are some examples.

2. TS Apprentice recipes. Give them class specific instead of all the same. If you are a Sage they research spells up to GM, if you are Provo - BiS food items, Alchy - BiS potions - etc. They said the reason they are making you upgrade in spell order was to make TS relevant again (BS - it is all about DBC), so make them relevant instead of all the same crap items.

3. I love the idea of the Gardening Goblin and the plant, now expand on it. Have the Sig Line quest be to save a small town and at the end of it they repay you buy helping you out with growing and collecting harvest. Once you complete the quest you can go into an instance of the town and there are the harvest bots you can get for your GH to get normal materials and ones that have been adjusted that harvest rares for the level you request. Maybe 6 of the normal (two for each kind) and 3 of the rare(1 of each). Maybe make it have a Mythical level that works up from single, to grp to raid and save it from far greater evils for a Mythical version where you get 12 and 6 harvest bots. They could make it so you can get a housing portal for it as well for easy travel to and from it.

3. Trade conversion Quest: Make a quest that allows people to change TS without losing the level. I have 2 provo's because at one time they were on different servers, and would love to change one to something else but don't really want to do the whole 10-100 again on him. Make a quest that allows us to change but still be level 100 :). If not allow us to buy level 95 TS toons. If is time to get past whatever impediment is holding you back.

4. Since they are claiming they want to make TS relevant then put drops into the loot tables that provide an item that different TS classes can use to add no fail improvements to gear. Each class can make an infuser that provides 100% success increases to items from that TS class, regardless of whether it was player made or not. An example would be mob drops a fragment (usable by any TS class) that is a material for the infuser. If it is used by a tailor it makes an infuser that can be used on cloth and leather gear or if an armorer gets it on plate and chain - etc. Make it a rare for foods and poison that makes stronger then normal consumable.

5. Most TS'ers now have a house where they put all their TS stuff yet there are some TS items that are not available in a house, change that so everything is.

6. TS dailies that are not so boring. Instead of making 7 dailies that are the same make 21 and have them random.
  8. Conifur Well-Known Member

Or yea one more:

7. Even out disparity on TS "completion" times. Some items/level take longer then others to complete (ammo is what I will use as I level my woodworker now). Also, why is there a need to make the last bit to get to 100 that much "harder"? Straight and level is so much better.
  9. Ceyarrecks Wunnfirr Well-Known Member

Agreed.
    While a L1 crafter, being "inexperienced" in crafting, it would be VERY understandable to take a "longer" time to complete a particular combine.
    However, being a L100 crafter, the image that comes to mind of an old, gnarly woodworker in a log cabin in the woods, should be one who can craft with their eyes closed and still make a successful combine.
    Not "struggle"(long combine times, greater "damage" done to progress with misapplied skill) like it was the first time they ever picked up a file, saw, or block of wood.

But notice, we of the majority, we the casual player who will be staying here with the investment of time to raise our Tradeskill(s) up, we who are invariably decorators, are pinning for content focused on what casual players would be interested in.

NOT. "RAIDer-only, End-Game" content, for those who as soon as they "rush to the end having defeated that last beasty,"...
    leave.

Is it just me who sees this disparity?
  10. Conifur Well-Known Member

I would like to add another one.

8. Increase faction to well beyond 50k with the Far Seas and put upgrades to certain recipes on the vendor that require higher faction to purchase. Maybe make it 75k, 100k, 150k, 200k, etc. These would be a recipe of a standard item with improved stats. Maybe a recipe that allows you to make baubles(high faction) (like they have for mara, refuge, etc) that allow you to port places. Like a wizard spire, druid ring or bell.
  11. Conifur Well-Known Member

9. Single universal fuel per class - dump the different fuel per tier.
  12. Ceyarrecks Wunnfirr Well-Known Member

/sarcasm
    Then,.. that way, all one has to do is collect some dried leaves and branches and be able to send a satellite into orbit, or even travel to Luclin,... with just a handful of dried leaves.
    /sarcasm
  13. Mermut Well-Known Member

No thanks.. that would make fuel either outrageously expensive for low level toons or require an insane amount of fuel at higher levels.
  14. Leonitas of Potato Situational Awareness

This^…just...no.

Something I'd like to see is perhaps higher reward crafting gear, stick em on a faction merchant, a new one, high cost, high reward. Far seas 50k, full TOT and KA crafting factions, cloak 2.0. Prereq's + 5000p + 1000 - 2000 sovereign of rile? (Not medals, huge disparity in rile vs medals possible purchases)

Use only slots w/o crafting gear or needing big upgrades. Have items with 1 hour procs, 24 hour reuse.
    If progress pots= +200, 10 mins, have an item with +50, 1hour, +25 as a base/constant stat.
    Then an item for success, crit success. A +25 experiment progress clicky, only +5 base stat.
    +10% rare harvest item, with +5% for ultra rates (food,spellshards,foundations.)
    +50% ample harvest item.
    Just a few ideas. ;)
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  15. Conifur Well-Known Member

Why? There is no need for different prices. I can cook a hot dog, smoke a brisket, smoke a salmon, and boil a lobster all with the same chunk of wood. Does not cost me anything more the more expensive the protein, why does the game have to be different?
  16. Mermut Well-Known Member

Because they 1) want new toons to be able to afford to craft and 2) have fuel actually cost SOMETHING worth noticing for high level toons. There is no way to do both of those things w/o differing tiers of fuel and/or differing amounts.

Also, real life example: Different metals melt at different temperatures, it takes a hotter fire (and hence more fuel) to work with harder metals.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Feldon like this.
  17. Conifur Well-Known Member

More fuel is fine to make it hotter - but it is the same fuel. I burn less gas to go slow, more gas to go fast - same gas. Whether I cook low and slow or fast and hot, same fuel just more or less of it. Small or XXXL - same just more. The cost of fuels are insignificant for "high level" toons.
  18. Mermut Well-Known Member

There's a difference between coppers for fuel (low level) and multiple gold (top level).
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Alenna like this.
  19. StoneLegion Active Member

More Happy Players Less Angry Players!
  20. Meirril Well-Known Member

First thing, we're talking about a game mechanic and there is a reason behind the different costs of recipes for each tier. The cost of fuel for crafting is one of the few coin sinks in the game that actually works to reliably remove coin from the game. While its no where near effective enough to fight inflation, it is doing what dev wants it to do.

Second thing, this is an immense amount of work to do! Every recipe in the game would have to be converted to accept the new fuel. Then how much fuel would a T1 recipe take? How much for a T11 recipe? I don't want to carry 10 slots worth of generic fuel to craft one level 100 item. Can you imagine how much space you'd need to grind a rush order? Or worse, to mass produce 100 items? If you have to introduce a new super fuel that acts like 100 basic fuel...you're back to the current system.

Third thing, fuel makes no sense. Almost all of woodworking uses hand powered tools, or electric tools. Sure we use sandpaper, but in other countries they don't. Filliment is a material used in weaving cloth, not some mysterious substance you need to sew or do leather working. Jewelers use a wide variety of fuels...but coal? Nope. And pre-electric smelting was done with only a certain high quality coal because it burned hotter than the softer variety that was used for smelting soft metals. The high quality coal could smelt steel, softer coal could only make pig iron, and wood was good enough for smelting bronze, tin and other soft metals. And why does alchemy use candles? Candles provide a steady low heat, but alchemy used all sorts of tempratures to excite the kind of reactions they were looking for. Everything from raging bondfires to carefully controlled oil lamps to even humble candles and even ice houses. Crafting fuel is just the story element to excuse the cost of crafting.

Really, if you wanted to get down to the basics, you'd ask dev to get rid of fuel and just take the coin from your pocket directly. But that seems really silly. Lets just leave fuel alone.