(Request) Make the Obulus Frontier Garden heirloom

Discussion in 'Tradeskills' started by Grishtik, Nov 23, 2016.

1. Terrius Well-Known Member

Yay they restored the item for me as a one time courtesy! Woot!
  2. rutro Well-Known Member

Just do jumping jacks in between logging toons in....you will soon reap the benefits...
  3. Deveryn Well-Known Member

I hate this. I thought we were done with this hopping around nonsense after apprentices stopped being used. Why can't we trade them in for an heirloom token or something to get them on one toon for easy use?
  4. Meirril Well-Known Member

Probably because the house items don't store the data on when it was harvested? Each character stores the data on when they last harvested their plant. Trying to reverse that would just be a pain, and adding on more work would be putting in a system to cash in a plant to exchange it to another character.

And if they did that, I could imagine that some plants would bug and either never set a timer, or never become harvestable, or somehow everybody on the Trustee list would be able to harvest all the plants, or it would break the current implementation.

And all in all, it goes against the whole notion of getting players to spend more time in game. It might be irritating to spend time logging from toon to toon to harvest a bunch of plants, but it undoubtedly keeps us "playing" longer, which better justifies having a subscription. Nevermind that it isn't an enjoyable experience, its time that technically if you hate doing it you can just stop doing it (like I have).
    Deveryn likes this.