(Request) Make the Obulus Frontier Garden heirloom

Discussion in 'Tradeskills' started by Grishtik, Nov 23, 2016.

1. Grishtik Member

Please consider making the Obulus Frontier Garden heirloom, or whatever change is necessary, so that any character on an account can harvest all of their characters' seedlings. This would be a nice QoL adjustment, as a lot of people who craft tend to have multiple crafters and tend to keep everything in 1 main household, and having to log in and out of each one just to harvest a seedling is a major pain. I imagine it would also reduce some server load and reduce a lot of client crashes from having to constantly load zones over and over.
    Thilka, Febrith, Zhaanish and 3 others like this.
  2. Grishtik Member

Bump.

Anyone else think this would be a worthwhile change, or no?

Would also be nice if battle plantains and victornuts could be added to the seedlings and shadeweave loot tables, so we aren't forced to go back to an old zone to harvest a ridiculously rare mat.
    Zhaanish and Prissetta like this.
  3. santargria Well-Known Member

I don't mind them not being heirloom, but I would like to be able to place them all in one house - I use one of my Mistmoore estates as a crafting house.

In the estate I have all my crafting stations, crafting apprentices, personal depots etc.

At least if I could put them all in the one crafting house, I could go around and harvest them as I log in to todo my daily crafting tasks on each of my toons without having to go to each of their house and back to my crafting house to work
    Tiao likes this.
  4. Xianthia Well-Known Member

I don't want the food rares added, would really water down even further the rares we get from the garden.

Not really sure about being able to harvest another toons garden, but haven't really thought about it. I log in my crafters (practically) daily to do their daily so it's not a hardship on each character. It may be really useful for those that don't and not have to log in each alt.

@ santargria you can already put them all in one house. Once the quest sequence is finished the item is no longer house-lore. I have all of mine in the crafting sweatshop house. :p
    Tiao and Prissetta like this.
  5. Mermut Well-Known Member

You can put them all in one house... after you get the quest to the point where the item is harvetable. It's only while the goblin is attached that it is lore.
    santargria and Shmogre like this.
  6. Gudum Active Member

You can place them all in one house. The one that is used during the questline is limited to one per house, but the one you receive at the end (that you actually harvest rares from) has no such limit. I currently have six in one house, sitting at the feet of the tradeskill apprentices so I can tell which one belongs to which toon.
    Prissetta, Wurm, santargria and 2 others like this.
  7. santargria Well-Known Member

Oh? I was not aware of that obviously!

Sweet thanks for the heads up - see the forums are good for something :)
  8. Artemiz Active Member

I would like to see the mechanic changed where anyone with Trustee access on the house could harvest it. Would have to imagine this would alleviate some stress on the servers as well, no need to login/logout multiple toons, zonein/zoneout multiple toons etc.

Thanks for the consideration.
    Zhaanish and Prissetta like this.
  9. Mysstie Well-Known Member

Yeah, I put each one of mine next to their Tradeskill Apprentice so I know whose they are. Being able to harvest them all with my main would make things easier but I can deal with it. :)
    Mermut and santargria like this.
  10. Zhaanish Well-Known Member

Agreed!!!
  11. Terrius Well-Known Member

+1 to the suggestions in this thread.

I'd also like to add, I'd love if the final reward got tagged No-Value... because as it is now it can be accidentally sold and then lost forever with no way to get it back. :'(
    Earar and Prissetta like this.
  12. Aivet Well-Known Member

No way would I want someone with trustee access to be able to harvest my plants. A toon on the same account, sure, but not someone else.
    Shmogre likes this.
  13. Aivet Well-Known Member

Which is why all my bags but one are marked "Contents not for sale", and the bag that can sell only has junk/misc going into it by default.
    Prissetta and Shmogre like this.
  14. Terrius Well-Known Member

Even so, an important quest line reward such as this should not be saleable to a merchant, IMO.

I shall attempt a petition to have it returned to me, but with the no helping for lost/deleted/sold items policy I doubt I will get it back.
  15. Aivet Well-Known Member

Agreed, a non-regettable (horrible word, but best I can think of) reward like that is definitely the thing you want to be able to make as few mistakes as possible with. I hope you manage to get it back.

Incidentally, how much did you get for it, do you remember? I'd like to know what the merchant thinks it's worth :p
  16. Terrius Well-Known Member

2gold and a couple silvers :( I checked on an alt to see how much it was worth lol. pft shoulda been worth 1k plat! Then I would have noticed something amiss when I was selling things! hehe
  17. Aivet Well-Known Member

A coupla gold? Yeah, that's pretty pathetic.
  18. Rosyposy Well-Known Member

DB needs to put a lot more stuff on Shady since they won't replace many items now.
    Thilka, Xianthia, Zhaanish and 3 others like this.
  19. Aivet Well-Known Member

A+++. Would quote again.

Problem with the garden though is that once it's placed in a house, you'd be able to buy another from Shady.
    Prissetta and Shmogre like this.
  20. Cheesenabber Active Member

Yeah, the garden and the ascension scrolls should've been no-value from the start. At least you can get another scroll though..