Not A Bug [REQUEST] Log what mission gave you loot

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Sigrdrifa, Feb 27, 2020.

1. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

If you win something from an EMpyral Mission Chest, or an Overseer Mission Chest, etc., the item shows up in your logfile, but without a single clue as to what gave it to you. It would be Real Nice if the logfile reflected the activity that gave you a particular reward.
    Jest, Marae, FracasKrusher and 10 others like this.
  2. Celan Active Member

I would really like to second that. A message like "you unpacked this "type of" chest from mission xxx and got this "reward" would be more than just appreciated!
    Because.....
    TWICE today I finished an overseer mission with a legendary chest as reward and got...........nothing.
    And since nothing - obviously - doesn't show in any logs, can't even make a proper bug report. Would at least like to know what I should have gotten......
    Cyrrena and Sigrdrifa like this.
  3. Beee Well-Known Member

4. Semperfifofum Well-Known Member

As a temp workaround, you could use /say or /gsay to make a comment like "completed X" so when you go back, the comment closest to the reward gives you a clue. Not a perfect system.

I agree, it's getting hard to know what came from where.
    Marae and Cyrrena like this.
  5. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Except that we're not 100% sure anymore what is actually in the various mission crates because they made changes that were not heralded in the release notes. You can examine the mission box windows, but they clearly are now inaccurate, because you can and will get stuff that's not shown on the window, or the mission crate now says "ou suspect htere may be something inside" or some such.
    Breanna, Cyrrena, Beee and 1 other person like this.
  6. Ratalthor Developer

Since this isn't a bug, I'm going to close this thread. Please post suggestions or game improvements in a different forum other than Bug Reports.