Request for Next Frostfell

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Alenna, Dec 6, 2016.

1. Alenna Well-Known Member

Can we please have frostfell themed Gi's for our brawlers? craftable and eci token merchant
  2. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

This might also be able to go in the Frostfell Wish List category in the Norrathian Homeshow forum; I've seen requests for clothes and other things that aren't strictly house items there. On the other hand, it might actually get seen here... ;->

Uwk
    Alenna, Febrith and Prissetta like this.
  3. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

why not for everybody I like those jumpsuits they look really cute on the not so sexy races
    and the short ones.
    I love the GI I got for my Halfling warden , she can show some skin without looking like a child wearing her mothers cloths.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  4. Dude Well-Known Member

Jumpsuits with footies?
  5. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

Halflings don't need footies they have fury feet ;)
    but lol a reindeer Gi with hood and feet might look fun on a sarnak .:cool:
  6. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

You should see the Penguin Hat things they have on the Marketplace now--whoops, you can't; you can't see them in the Dressing Room. :(

Uwk
  7. Aivet Well-Known Member

You can see them, you just have to be a little fiddly... a /say followed by shift-click to put a link in chat, then click on the link to open them up to look at :) (I have a specific channel I keep for stuff like this, it means I can search my logs for anything in that channel. Lets me do the "Now, what was that thing I was looking at that looked really cool but I've forgotten about 'cos it was more than 5 seconds ago".)
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Shmogre like this.
  8. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Brilliant! I'll have to Save this one! :D

Uwk
  9. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

I found something else I would like to see next year
    I found this melting snowman in Neriak I would like to put that in my Maj'Dul house muahaha ;).
  10. harvash Active Member

Please, no furry costumes! :)

How bout a Santa Glug Sleigh flying mount! - Useable ONLY during frostfell.
    Moonpanther likes this.
  11. Alenna Well-Known Member

feel free to add it there as well Uwk.
  12. d1anaw Well-Known Member

Personally, I was only so so on Frostfell this year. Like most of the events this year, It was lackluster with not as much new to offer as in past years. I think it is time for them to re-evaluate some of the quests and items in the event. Some quests are getting old as are the rewards. We need some fresh rewards and we need some more fresh quests.
  13. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

What I would like to see, though I'm not sure how possible it would be to do, would be to have your yearly defrosting of the place actually count: if you've done it once, that tediousness should be more than enough. For you, the NPCs should be at the point where they'd be after you defrosted them, you get the quests you need, badda-bing, badda-boom. :-/

Also: I'm pretty sure they haven't fixed the Achievement listings for the repeatable quests, as in: if you've done a quest, say a year before they brought in the whole Achievement idea, you should be able to keep credit for it and not have to constantly re-do it every year for it to "count" for various Achievements. Or did they fix that already... :-/

But yeah, one thing I did like about the whole "new layout, so spend way too much time spraying ichor around and slaughtering things in the Village of Peace for the holidays!" bit was the introduction of new rewards. Nowadays, it's always a toss-up between picking up E'ci Tokens or the Frozen McScroogle (best use for him!) after doing that one... :D

If you do re-vamp the quests, o Powers, please keep the Maldura one! I love having the option of being able to go there later in the year without getting slaughtered. ;) But new/different quest rewards for that one would be cool; the Hat is kind of dorky (though it would make a good literal nightcap, I suppose) and I can make the Stockings myself. I always wind up just getting E'ci Tokens there. :-/

Uwk
    Aivet likes this.
  14. Aivet Well-Known Member

I actually like the defrosting quest. It tells me at a glance if a toon's done various things around frostfell village, rather than having to consult a spreadsheet or grovel through a quest journal to see when I last did the quests I like doing.

My own wish for frostfell next year is to not have some utter moron with a backhoe dig up telecommunications cables causing everyone in the area to lose internet/phonelines. (I missed out on the end of frostfell, as well as a large chunk of the sale/bonus weekend.)
  15. Dyeana Active Member

OK here is my big comment for next year, based on Players/Characters on the TLE server.

Relocate "Jingle" to up close to the side of the wardrobe. Have him close enough to the entry points from the wardrobe to have players hear him say something like "Oh my, my oh my, we need your help in Frostfell Wonderland Village. Please say you will help. You'll help, won't you? (In a whiney tone to enhance players to perform additional dialog to get the quest from him.)" Then let him give the quest "A Deepice Mystery" with it's usual dialog. Locate nearer to the trees from "Jingle" two portals, one to Lavastorm, and Everfrost docks. (At the Lavastorm and Everfrost docks, locate a return portal to Frostfell much in the same manner as the return from Steamfont to be only there during Frostfell when performing the quest.) In the closing dialog of the quest "A Deepice Mystery", have him reference go to "Aildiun Mawdrun" if not already talking to him. A dialog from "Aildiun" directing attention to the other quest givers in the zone would be useful also, especially to Snarf for the quest after "Mission Improbable".

This should make getting the initial quest which impacts most of the other quests in the zone a bit easier to get and much easier on the TLE server to get around to perform the quest.

My largest gripe with Frostfell on the TLE server was finding the requirement for performing the "A Deepice Mystery" quest, then actually performing the quest as being too time consuming due to restrictions in the bell and zone travel, but necessary for all the other quests. (I only took the time to do the quest on one player and gave up doing it anymore for my other 6 players on the TLE server. I think many other players felt the same as I hardly ever saw folks in the frostfell zone, with many times I came into the zone being only myself there.)

Thanks,

Dye
  16. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Oh no! :( Oh, that's awful... :-/

What server are you usually on, and what, if anything, do you need or want? I have quite a few extra goodies. ;->

Uwk
  17. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Not bad suggestions at all! :) Since I barely play on Stormhold and just have 2 toons there for the sake of house visiting and nothing else (one Good, one Evil), I'm not sure what all the restrictions are (though you have my sympathies!), but I can tell you all, I'm not brimming over with nostalgia for "the good ol' days." I think I'll probably get more involved once the Sentinel's Fate sections are brought up. ;->

Third-party sites like Zam and Wiki are really helpful with quest details, but we shouldn't need to rely on them. It's not a crime to have more intuitive quests. :-/

Dunno if you folks are being offered the Maldura faction questline yet; those of us who've already suffered--er, done such in the past know the routine, but it's still a major PitA even for us veterans (flying helps, but...) to track down the dork Frostfell apprentice and keep bopping back and forth to him until he finally settles in the Workshop. I wouldn't've even known he was there without 3rd-party information the first time, and it's too important a questline for later entry into Maldura if you're not 847th level and can yawn your way past the KoS guards to get too coy with.

So, yeah, there are things the Powers could do to make life a little less convoluted during an already hectic time. :-/

Uwk
  18. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

the bells are divided into good and evil , some places you can only get to after going a big detour
    the wizard portals go only to the Overrealm,and if you want to go there it takes up to 5 minutes to go there.
    wizards and warlocks can make portals , so can Wardens and Furies.
    otherwise if you want to go to Everfrost for example and your a Freeportian you go to Commonland
    from there you take the griffin to Nektulos forest station
    zone into Neck forest take the griffin ( at least we got that now , used to be we had to walk ) and go to the doc , from here I think you can go to Everfrost using the bell. If your aligned with Qeynos you do the same thing through Antonica and Thundering Steps
  19. Quiarrah Well-Known Member

Yes, yes and YES!! Norrath could do with some new Clothing Designers and some new clothing lines! I mean. . Really? Our women look like they stepped out of the pages of "Vintage of Yesteryear". ((not to say that Vintage is bad. . . Vintage can actually be sexy. . . lace, bustles, bustiers. . . . etc)) We just need some new looks. PLEASE!!!!
    ((if we can't get new HAIR at least give us some new clothes to wear!))

(( ( although NEW HAIR would be nice too) ))
  20. Dude Well-Known Member

Enchanted Lands is my travel hub of choice. The Druid Ring and Wizard Spire are almost right next to each other and just down the coast from the world travel bell.