reporting campers and stealers

Discussion in 'Players Supporting Players' started by santargria, Nov 1, 2015.

1. santargria Well-Known Member

Is there a place/way to report players stealing kills/inappropriate behaviour?

There are a few places in AOM where players are now camping mobs that spawn for players with the quests. Problem is they group round them up and kill them so the players with the timed quests can not complete them.

Please stop this and fix this problem.

It's been an issue since these timed quests which can be killed by anyone have existed.
    Soara2 likes this.
  2. Adevil Well-Known Member

Haven't seen that on Freeport. Semi-AFK camping the named overland mobs when they were still aggro I saw a lot, but mobs for the timed quests, no.
    Soara2 likes this.
  3. santargria Well-Known Member

I've been watching these 2 players do it all morning - I've run through my dailies 5 times so far and each time they were there grabbing the mobs en masse - fortunately I was they only interefered with one out of my 5.

This is on Freeport btw.

I've seen this several times at various timed quests, but recently it's gotten out of hand. I usually don't report these things, but today it interfered with me finishing the quest and that is just not acceptable
    Soara2 likes this.
  4. suka Well-Known Member

i noticed that yesterday. every named was camped and those with the quest to kill nameds couldn't complete them. i finally gave up after an hour or so of trying
    Soara2 likes this.
  5. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

EQ2 does have a Play Nice Policy in the Rules of Conduct. It says, in part:

1. You may not disrupt the normal playability of a zone or area.
      Zone/Area Disruption is defined as any activity designed to harm or inconvenience a number of groups rather than a specific player or group of players. This includes, but is not limited to:
    • Monopolizing most or all of the kills in an area.
    • Deliberately locking groups of NPCs and then breaking the encounter to prevent access to content.
    • Refusing to cooperate with the other parties at a contested spawn site after having been instructed to do so by an EQII CSR.
    • Making excessive and inappropriate use of public channels of communications (/shout, /ooc, etc.).
    • Intentionally causing excessive zone latency (abusing spell effects, etc.).
    • Causing intentional experience loss to other players (deliberately impeding fleeing players by blocking their escape route, intentionally training NPCs on other players, etc.).

So, step one, send the other players a /tell and let them know that you need these things for a quest. Ask if they'll back off a few minutes so you can progress your quest. If they won't do that, ask them to invite you to their group for a little while so you can get your updates.

Step two, if the people won't let you get what you need, then /petition. I'd put it under In-Game Issues/Community Standards. Explain what quest you are on, what mobs are needed, and who, by name, is blocking your progress on the quest.

Now, you ARE in an overland zone, which is, by definition, contested. People can kill everything in sight and if you don't get there first, that's really not DBG's problem. It's only when a quest is being blocked that it becomes a reportable issue.
    Soara2, Juraiya, Blazen and 6 others like this.
  6. santargria Well-Known Member

I really have no issue with contested content, but with the timed quests - unless a player also is on it the mobs should not be contested. At least that's how I see it.

I've done these quests when others were also on them - sometimes we group, sometimes not - but there has always been enough mobs for multiple players at the same time. But these players ran around aggroing ALL the mobs and had them all to themselves.

These players clearly were not on the quest since they were able to group kill the mobs several times, about 45 mins apart.

I did send a tell to them and they logged off with no reply - when I came back with my next toon, they were there again - rinse and repeat.

IMO there is a mechanic broke for these quests.
    Soara2 likes this.
  7. Kuulei Well-Known Member

You're not giving enough information, such as the quest involved, zone and mob(s) location.
    If this is the solo weekly in the AoM zones, you do have a week to complete them.

If you truly believe someone is violating the "Play Nicely Policy", you can always /report <name> <details of offense> or /petition
    Soara2 likes this.
  8. santargria Well-Known Member

The reason I'm not posting the quest name/mob etc (which I did on the petition) is I don't want to give anyone any ideas how to grief play others.
    Soara2, Sigrdrifa and Juraiya like this.
  9. Undoit New Member

A player has repeatedly trained mobs to me at ravasect isle. While fighting a mob, the other player trains groups of mobs to me. They do not want me harvesting there either and my husband has brought his char there to fight off the mobs. I have petitioned and reported but no help with repeat harrassment. This has happened many times.
    Soara2 likes this.
  10. ConcealFate Well-Known Member

Really? Seems rare to even see someone else in the zone.
    Soara2 likes this.
  11. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

It's really hard to train mobs onto someone. If the thing is aggroed onto someone else and they run by you, so long as you don't AOE or attack the mob chasing someone else, it won't attack you, and when the mob breaks, leave it alone and it will go home, wagging its tail behind it. You see someone training stuff towards you while you are in combat just DO NOT AOE, it's simple as that.

If people are violating the Play Nice rules, get screenshots, get character names, and send /tells asking them to stop. After you get answers, if needed, use /report. Then go to https://help.daybreakgames.com/hc/en-us/requests/new to report the bad behavior if they are blocking you from completing a quest.

Harvestables are contested, thus "so sad too bad" if they get there before you do, and in TT there's better harvesting on Temple Isle (the main island) for roots and dens, Gazer Isle for hard metals (you do have to kill gazers to get at it) and bushes (just never kill a fairy there and dodge the random gazer) plus roots around the edges. If you want soft metals, go to Fear Tainted Isles and kill amygdalans in the temples. For wood, the open area on Fear Tainted or Ravasect Isle are best. I always find it easiest to do all my harvesting in Bonemire on the Shattered Weir. But training won't work to keep you from harvesting so long as you just don't attack anything.
    Soara2, Finora, Rosyposy and 3 others like this.
  12. Juraiya Well-Known Member

I thought training mobs had been made difficult or even impossible to do in EQ2. It was fairly common in EQ1 (google "Fansy the Famous Bard" for a hilarious account of someone who did it regularly), but in EQ2 the mobs won't go aggro on someone else, if they've been trained away from their start point. Once the person training them goes out of range, the mobs happily run back to their start point, and ignore everyone else along the way.
    Soara2, ConcealFate, Rosyposy and 2 others like this.
  13. Buba Active Member

Thank you for the information. This has been a serious issue on the TLE servers especially for quests like Lost legends of lavastorm. Lord Crana drops a really nice range weapon the plat farmers are selling on the broker and I have run into campers that have camped him for hours and would not allow anyone to progress the quest unless paid tribute or allowing them to loot the ranged item for them to sell. I am now reporting offending players. Thanks again.
    Soara2 likes this.
  14. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

NO. Using /report does NOTHING except provide a timestamped chunk of chat text, no one automatically sees it. If you want the GMs to SEE that chunk of chat, you ALSO must /petition to create the Support Ticket.
    Soara2 likes this.
  15. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Training Survival
    Don't AOE anything when this happens. The person training them has all the aggro, if they Feign Death etc., the mobs chasing will stop and go back to their places. If you don't hit the new mobs with anything, then they won't hit you. This was a change made quite a while ago to help prevent people training mobs onto others. If you are, say, a warlock, then if you will be purely harvesting, turn off anything that procs damage. If you're on Live, this may also include your familiar, if any.

Another thing: go to your class trainer and spend the few copper to get Singular Focus (all the class trainers have 'em). Make sure Singular Focus is on if you're trained, and don't hit, AOE, mez, stun, etc. anything that you didn't personally pull.

Also, try /togglethreatlistwindow -- this opens a window that shows you the name/health of everything that is on you and aggro towards you. If you pull several mobs then someone trains more towards you, select your next mob to battle by clicking it on your threat list. This helps guarantee that the person training keeps their dang mobs. It's also really helpful if you are tanking, just in general.

Petitioning
    If you created a Support Ticket, you will first get an automated email that says they received the petition and will be looking at it real Soon Now. If you did NOT get that email, then check your spam folder and whitelist the address. You can follow the status of your ticket by going to that Support Ticket link, your open and recent tickets are shown at the right. If the GM needed more info from you and you didn't respond, they close the ticket. You can re-open a ticket if needed.
    Soara2 and Juraiya like this.
  16. Juraiya Well-Known Member

Actually, on the TLE servers - at least on Kaladim - the MotD says specifically to use the report function for cases like this. I suspect there have been enough complaints about it that they are looking at those reports, at least for that server.
    Soara2 likes this.
  17. Dude Well-Known Member

Actually, it doesn't say that. It says,"Use /report player_name to report the offending player followed by /petition.using the harassment category to let Customer Service know!" In other words, you have to do both, just as Sig said to do.
  18. Crock Member

Ehh, just in case you didn't notice, Buba was replying to a post made more than 1 year ago. And by then already there was no reliable petitioning system working anymore. Things have changed a huge lot since 2015, people replying to a post by Santagria in 2015.
    Soara2 likes this.
  19. Buba Active Member

Tried the /report /petition. Took more than a day to get a "resolution" email. Went back and same player farming same zone. Several guildees have been unable to complete HQ's due to farmers in Sol's eye and petition did no good. Maybe since the info I responded to was over a year old it no longer applies and the code of conduct is ignored?
    Soara2 likes this.
  20. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

(1) You should immediately receive an email back from DBG saying that they received your petition. If you don't see it, check your Spam or Junk boxes.

(2) You don't have to wait for a resolution. You can always check on your petitions online. If, while you are waiting for a resolution, you see more of the bad behavior, document it, use FRAPS or some other tool to take a short movie of it, get screenshots etc, and ADD those to your ticket.

(3) If, after your best documentation efforts, the GMs do nothing you can see, then the person may not have been breaking rules. The content you're discussing IS contested, and so "first come, first serve".

(3A) Have you tried sending a /tell to this person and telling them you need that content for a quest? What did they say back? Use /report after the conversation if they refuse to either let you join their group or let you get to the content you need. If you haven't done this, then the "Play Nice" rules don't come into play. You have to tell the person you need that content and why.

(3B) Your post suggested that you went back a few days later... for all you know, that toon got a three day suspension. Support won't tell you what (or if) they took disciplinary action. So, /tell the guy you need X mob for Y quest. If they don't accommodate you, use /report and re-open the petition. You do this by going back to the linked support site above, click the SOLVED petition, and add to it.

(3C) Have you tried different days? Different time of day? If you can establish the person is there 23/7, then you may be able to make a case that they're using forbidden third party automation.
    Soara2, Breanna and Juraiya like this.