Reported Bug Marks of Devastation

Discussion in 'PvP & Battlegrounds' started by Creasote, Nov 11, 2014.

1. Creasote Well-Known Member

The old Warzone chests from New Tunaria give Marks of Bloodshed. Please correct this because those who have saved the chests will have thousands of PVP tokens on the first day.
  2. Darksanity Member

Yes I have reported this and told GMs cant do anything about it, I have also reported it here before Xpac even went live.. People like Jett and Predacane already have a full set of the NEW pvp gear that went live this afternoon.. They stock piled the Boxes from Warzones and didn't open them till after Xpac went live giving them thousands of tokens.. This is a blatant exploit of a loophole..
  3. acidbath New Member

yepp don't we all wish tht we would have thought of this the very people that accuse good players of cheatin because they cant beat them use possibly the biggest exploit possible and the devs aren't gonna do a thing
  4. Tippysaurus Active Member

And this is why PVP is dead. No thought. No support. No response. Great Job Sony.
    Smallsie likes this.
  5. Intercession Member

It always amazes me how people feel they need to do this kind of thing to gain an advantage over other players who do things straight up. I guess when you fail so badly at life, all that you have left is to make yourself look as good as possible on a dead server.

Win.
    Smallsie and Gaealiege like this.
  6. Anti_piracy Member

Merge / Delete Nagafen server..That fix's everything.
  7. Creasote Well-Known Member

This is a rather ignorant reply to a problem which affects all servers or any player who participates in BGs or open world pvp. It does not fix a thing.

Those who have exploited the token system will be shredding people in BGs too. It will take us months to be able to compete with them.

It's very unfair and dismaying. Subscription cancellation pending for one of my accounts.
  8. Anti_piracy Member

Sounds like a few people thought ahead. Maybe next time and stop and think on how game mechanics work. Alot of us new this was going too happen. Matter of fact it was reported and the Devs ignored the situation. It wasn't a exploit. It was a very well thought out planned... don't be mad that you didn't think of it yourself....Brain's FTW
  9. Trasor Active Member

Brains ftw? Are you lacking any sort of comoon sense? Bans and such may not happen overnight, especially on a pvp server. But I have seen accounts banned and stripped of all their gear for exploits like this. I consider you a genius then for a "well-thought out" idea when your account as well as all your veteran stuff/coin/everything goes away like poof!

Additionally, of course only bad players would feel the need to do this. I bet Jett would lose to just about any character on these forums wearing chaos gear.
    Gaealiege likes this.
  10. Corydonn Well-Known Member

There is a post every single expansion since DoV where an exploiting player calls themselves "Smart" and tells themselves since they reported a bug that if it isn't fixed... I should abuse it to the fullest extent and brag about it until I get in trouble.

Entitled people ruining games everywhere I tell you what.
  11. Slant Well-Known Member

Expolit? Yes. Should it be retroactively fixed? Yes.

Do I blame them? Not by a long shot. PVP is like 80% preparation 20% mechanics. You do what you can to get the advantage.
    I'd hardly call it smart, any idiot can put two and two together. But I applaud their dedication to being on top. Personally, I think its a cutthroat attitude like this that makes for the best PVP rivalries.

Same thing can be said about Chokering to ***** fame back in the day. Or using the fishing poll to proc mana. Or Exploiting perseverance when it had no reuse or recovery for infinite heals or any other of dozens of common PVP practices. I for one miss when this cutthroat attitude was the norm. I miss the rivalry between two cutthroat players. I always knew then I engaged certain people (Dramasetter comes to mind) That they did not hesitate to play dirty. They use every trick in the book to come out on top. Overcoming that is the fight I crave. I dont want to fight clean. I want them to pull all the stops and still come out on top. That to me is thrilling PVP.
    Fetish likes this.
  12. Anti_piracy Member

Well said! Awesome enlightenment on how some of would think!
  13. Darksanity Member

Yes because using loopholes is way to go.. I don't mind players using items no one else thinks of to get advantages in pvp, like the old fear cloaks, or precasting certain spells before pvp combat to get pve duration.. But to exploit the token loophole just cause SOE forgot to fix it, is NOT the way to go.. Just like the people who duped thousands and thousands of plat and items in BGs with the NON consumable issue when BGs first went live, just cause you can do it doesn't make it right..
    Smallsie likes this.