Repair bot

Discussion in 'Tradeskill Discussion' started by ARCHIVED-funnyg480, Feb 1, 2010.

1. ARCHIVED-funnyg480 Guest

Could I ask why in the world does the repair bot charge? I use all my Plat and rares to make it and I dont even get the money! If the bot charges it could atleast give the tinker the money for the repairs since it is my bot and not SONY's! If you dont want to do that aleast don't charge the person who owns the thing.
  2. ARCHIVED-Valdaglerion Guest

It has always shown 1/1 charges but is unlimited charges; therefore they recently removed the charges and it doesnt show charges any longer.
  3. ARCHIVED-Zehl_Ice-Fire Guest

Artemiz@The Bazaar wrote:
    I think the OP meant charges gold to repair from the bot.
  4. ARCHIVED-celestina936 Guest

The repair bot is an economy thing - get you to spend money...... more money you spend, less you have to buy stuff and sellers lower prices... in theory It's SoE's perverted sense of supply and demand!
    Plus it's a easy way for a raid to mend up, rather than zoning back to the GH for repairs, then back to the raid zone again. I
    The rosewood/redwood repair kits also don't give you your money back in all or part - if you also utilize them. Rosewood repairs up to 40%, redwood up to 50% but can only be used once an hour, but if you have both, you can repair every 30 minutes. - Just don't die a lot!
  5. ARCHIVED-Ahlana Guest

Aye it makes no sense. You own the robot why would it charge you money to do what it was built to do. Not only does it charge you but double that of normal.. ouch! It is very ungrateful for its existance and maybe that is why ... time to dismantle it I say!
  6. ARCHIVED-markgomm1 Guest

Would be nice if it charged less to the actual owner but normal price to other people :) However I would forsee a huge pile of bots all up at the same time in the entryway to Ykesha if this happened.
    Seriously though, these things eat through at least 5p a raid when it cost upwards of 15g per death. With my current death rate now standing at 3208 i would be a rich troll if bots were free.
  7. ARCHIVED-CoLD MeTaL Guest

You paid for the 'ability' to repair in the field without going back to town. That is the savings.
    It should not be a 'free' way to repair.
  8. ARCHIVED-urgthock Guest

CoLD MeTaL wrote:
    Sure it should.
    You are right. You paid for the "ability" to repair in the field without going back to town by spending all the time, effort and money to work your tinkering up and for the rares that are consumed in the process of creating the bot. It should not charge for repairing. At least not for the toon that uses the item to summon it.
  9. ARCHIVED-Rijacki Guest

The repair bot is a convenience item of having a mender where ever you are. It was never (and should never) be a 'free' repair item.
    No repairs are free (except the limited use veteran item).
    Even when a guild hall mender is set to 100% free for repairs, the repair cost for each and every use comes out of the guild hall escrow.
    The mender bot charges the exact same premium cost of any mender in a hostile zone, such as the mender in the Shard of Hate, the mender in VP, and the mender stone in WoE.
    The only change, I think, that should occur is that the mender charge the in-town rate instead of the premium.
  10. ARCHIVED-bks6721 Guest

Rijacki wrote:
    my gnome can do a full repair once a day for free. racial trait.
  11. ARCHIVED-Wingrider01 Guest

Rijacki wrote:
    Or you could go back to town and repair where there is no premium - the premium is for the convience, just like real life, you pay for the convience.
  12. ARCHIVED-Rijacki Guest

Pauly@Befallen wrote:
    Bah, forgot about the gnome trait. It's too new fangled :) 'sides my gnomess hasn't needed it yet to remember she has it *laugh* (her alchemy table doesn't cause her -that- much damage any more *grin*)
  13. ARCHIVED-Meirril Guest

urgthock wrote:
    Nobody has mentioned that the repair bot charges DOUBLE what a normal mender in town or guild hall would charge. So, why don't you save your self the rares and half the repair cost by going back to town everytime you need repairs while I continue to pay double because I value the convience over the cost?
    Your being charged through the nose for access. We've all joked about getting in on the repair bot's scam, but most of us realize what your paying is the cost of doing business. I'm sorry if nobody let you in on that. Now except it and move on like the rest of us.
  14. ARCHIVED-hellfire Guest

funnyg480 wrote:
    No its not.
    Nothing is yours in the game.
  15. ARCHIVED-Sennyu Guest

Rijacki wrote:
    The cloak of quick repair from LoN will repair all of your equipment to 100% once every 24 hours!! Obtaining it wont be free however unless you just happen to get really lucky
  16. ARCHIVED-funnyg480 Guest

When I buy something in the store it is mine I do not keep getting charged. I made the bot and yes it is better then going to town, but charging the owner of the bot means i am renting this thing now the owner! Some peeps have the never not to put up a bot unless peeps pay them that is there business I dont think it is right but some peeps are like that. Sony I made bot I own bot I should not get charged for using something that I own. For the person that said I dont own anything in game as long as I pay my monthly fee and play in the rules I own everything I have. May not like some of the rules but I deal this is something I would like to see changed..
  17. ARCHIVED-Garnaf Guest

When it had 1/1 charges per zone I always explained the fact that it cost money to use as it using the coins to repair its own delicate components (Platinum, gold and copper are all very good conductive metals, but not exactly durable, I imagine the bot undergoes a lot of wear and tear on the more delicate parts like the wiring and the springs and thingies like that.)
    Other than that bit of handwavium, it's just an economic moneysink to that the servers don't get TOO clogged with pointless platinum (still happens of course, but a LITTLE slower.)
  18. ARCHIVED-Zabjade Guest

I do have to admit, I would not mind a cut of the Profits! Maybe it'll be in the T9 T10 stuff.