Rename the tankpet?

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by ARCHIVED-Guld_Ulrish, Jun 28, 2010.

1. ARCHIVED-Guld_Ulrish Guest

How about rename the tankpet to pethatonlyisgoodfortakinigdamagecauseitcanttauntordps?
    Really it has about 400 tps and 700dps
    I get aggro from my iteam procs when I´m only cast tainted healing spells.....
  2. ARCHIVED-kukiake Guest

LOL. Well, what I do is for pet tanking is grab legendary non-proc gear with -hate adornments and then kill the mobs SLOWLY, very very very SLOWLY. But I do that rarely. What I do more often is grab my wife's warden on the 2nd PC and then keep pressing "1" where I macro'd all the heal spells and "2" for cures and tank the zones myself.
  3. ARCHIVED-Garlin1 Guest

Don't expect a tank pet to do dps, it was never intended nor will it ever be. Now, it needs a major dose of help on the aggro gathering line. I don't know your spec, but I imagine your fully tank AA specced? In that line you do get a rescue type ability that you have to activate for the pet to use.
    I do agree that the pet needs help. With the enhancement of summoner DPS it is very hard for the pet to keep aggro at all. It is almost better to tank with the mage pet. If we are going to lose out on DPS to make our tank ... well tank then I think he needs to do a better job. I don't expect it to keep aggro on a entire group in a instance, but if I want to take him out to do some soloing I would like him not to drop aggro after one proc.