Removing the Grump NPC won't transport to quest zone

Discussion in 'Players Supporting Players' started by Chronia, Jan 6, 2013.

1. Chronia Member

I was working on the removing the grump quest and Pinchy Presentpeeler had teleported me to the frostfell instance for the quest. I experienced a hiccup in my connection and when it reestablished I had to log back into game to find it had put me back in freeport. I hailed Pinchy Presentpeeler to send me to the zone again but I got some strange message that he didn't have enough magic to send me. I deleted the quest, picked it up again but no avail, I got the same message. I tried hopping characters and back again but still he would not send me. I checked my zone window and there was no lockout or persistence timers running. After 30 minutes the problem still persists. Does anyone know what is going on or why he won't port me? And if this is supposed to happen, when will he send me to the zone again? Also if this is supposed to happen what is the reason behind it? I don't see any reason why a player should have to wait to re-enter a solo instance that seems to have no lockout or persistence timers, ESPECIALLY for a HOLIDAY event that has a limited duration all it's own so waiting wastes limited time for doing holiday events.

Anyone have any answers or ideas as to why Pinchy won't sent me to the zone so I can finish the questline?
  2. redwoodtreesprite Well-Known Member

There is a cool down on when you can be sent back to the zone. I like to fight the mobs in there over and over on some characters, as the XP is very good and the combat is fast. And it is around 2 hours before you can enter again.
  3. Chronia Member

Yuck. Wish there wasn't the cool-down, cause it creates problems when internet disruptions and such occur. *sigh* oh well. Wish it would at least show up as a lockout or something so it was more obvious, but it is what it is, thanks for clearing this up.
  4. Estred Well-Known Member

Same thing happens when you hiccup on an Experiment :(. It is sad that it happens but sometimes things do. At least it is not permanent.