Removing Set Bonuses is Lazy.

Discussion in 'General TLE Discussion' started by Adoninilol, Oct 29, 2019.

1. Adoninilol Well-Known Member

I already know why you guys removed set bonuses from game. It's because it's easier to code that than go through each piece of the cloud mount gear individually and remove the bonsues.

I find it insulting that one of the few fun parts of itemization in the game is just gone.

EoF throne room, eof 7 set, rok, tso woe gear/applied heals.

Why do you keep making itemization worse every single TLE

I really don't understand

Do better.
  2. MightyMeaghan Well-Known Member

No one who works on this game has a clue about itemization or how to properly stat players against appropriately balanced NPC adversaries. The basics are lost on this developer team.
    Mizgamer62 likes this.
  3. Naneeje Well-Known Member

We are lucky to have the Dev's we have, working hard to give us new content and try to establish rules and playsets in TLE content.
    The staff at DBG is a third less than what they had when they were only launching one game at a time as SOE. Now they have to split time.
    Set bonuses are missed, but just ask them to revisit them, not downplay your opinion of them as people. They don't seem lazy to me, but if you feel strongly enough about it, your post should have been "Look at Set Bonuses Please".
    So yes, I hope they do look at the bonus stats on the gear and add/fix what they might have removed, iirc.
    Soara2, Siren, Breanna and 1 other person like this.
  4. Adoninilol Well-Known Member

It's the third TLE and the only reason the bonuses are gone is because their itemization bot made solo content gear the same as raid gear.

It's nothing to do with my opinion, it's factual that itemization is lackluster and lazy, and this just puts a bow on the top.
    Mizgamer62 and Zenji like this.
  5. Naneeje Well-Known Member

I see your point now. The stats leave something to be desired between raid content and treasured. I can't believe we cleared a raid boss in A of A and the boss dropped 32 stat treasured. A treasured box, from a raid boss. The gear was treasured and brokerable with 32 primary stats.
    I see your point. However, still fun, and still going to be fun farming for the best in slot good stuff. Hoo'luh is done, Mount is done, now working on Claymore, and still not 70, I'm pretty happy :)
    Soara2 likes this.
  6. MightyMeaghan Well-Known Member

To be somewhat fair, raid bosses dropping treasured used to be an actual thing back in the good old days. I'm not entirely sure it persisted through KoS, it was for sure no longer a thing during EoF.

That being said, the itemization script they continually run every time just makes a bigger mess every go around. This era of the game was built around green stats and Smokeblower destroyed those back in Velious and that's going to kick TLE itemization in the nuts several times before it even gets started.
    Rhodris and Mizgamer62 like this.
  7. blackshad New Member

It's pointless to ask them that
    If one can learn anything from all the TLEs, it's that Daybreak is a life support team
    they will always do the minimum to be able to sell more TLEs , and nothing more
    they don't have the team to do it. The playerbase is too small to get a bigger team, that's it
    Other companies close their game. DB didn't, they decided to keep a broken game online instead
    We will never get anything more than that...
    On LIFE, the difficulty is broken from 1 to the first expac with ascension
    On TLE, lots of things are broken also (but they don't care, if you complain they ban you from discord and that's about it)
    Well, i was happy to play EQ2 again and i'm thankfull for that but it's also very sad to see that they just keep a broken game alive without trying to do anything fix it
    Xpac Raid boss hitting for less than normal mob is a good exemple of that...
    Getting ride of set bonusses is another exemple : it's the only easy / fast fix they could provide.
    Most of their work time is devoted to building new xpacs to make enough money to survive
    Soara2 likes this.
  8. Kalika Well-Known Member

The team is either inexistent or incompetent. As example the fabled charm reward for the epic quest is not even that great.
  9. Adoninilol Well-Known Member

Hey Kander Alt account/Delusional forum poster.

The TLE before this (Fallen Gate) actually had itemization better than this current one when they redid it with caith math.

So as you can see your entire post is useless.

Anyways.
  10. MightyMeaghan Well-Known Member

You think Kander thinks enough about TLE to bother even reading this forum, let alone fake posting to it?
  11. Jandraligeli Member

None of the devs read this forum or pay any attention to TLE. I'd go to discord but since I suggested they could improve TLE I've been banned.

Every guild clears everything on the first raid, the server dies as people drift away. Some come back, but it dies by attrition. But it's clear that this cycle is winding down. Nothing got past SF previously, this won't reach anywhere near and the next one is going to be more dead. River vale and Nagafen were dead on arrival,

Hunters is a band aid, the fix is to increase difficulty and have a valid progression of gear. Something that they've failed to address now so spectacularly that each version to date has been worse that prior iterations. Nerfing set bonuses while failing to address relics, the obvious lack of blue stats in line with DoF items.

It's beyond belief now that this is incompetence, it can only be now that the development team believe themselves above curating the greatest hits album with any diligence. It's not a man power issue its arrogance towards the actual concept of TLE.