Removing Procs

Discussion in 'PvP & Battlegrounds' started by Magic Missiles, Jan 16, 2014.

1. Magic Missiles Active Member

Just how "Entirely" is this? Not sure if it means only the gear, meaning all the jewelry slot items with the buck crazy busted (for pvp) procs, or if it means adornments too.

Runes of Blasting and Runes of Mending?

Current Blue Adornments? Legacy Blue Adornments?
  2. Savej Active Member

This deserves a reply, clearly, from Georgeson's Email some 2 weeks ago sent to the anonymous Pawder, the "management" has had a firm idea of removing them, therefore one should expect they have a definition of what procs are. Sharing this information seems pretty humane, considering there are probably still 50% of the BG population who is unaware this is coming and are still buying up soon-to-be-obsolete items with their tokens. At least reward people who have to follow these forums for any clue as to what is planned to have the capacity to inform fellow PvPers what it is they need to avoid investing in.
  3. Slant Well-Known Member

It would also be nice to know is activatiable items and passive are also going to go, the said procs I know, but last time that seems to encompass all pve effects.
  4. Pawder Active Member

I don't think I'm anonymous. Most players know me as Murdurh on Nagafen. Sound and the Fury guild. I posted the email to validate the information that I received, not to be somebodies punching bag. I was trying to be constructive in the post but it seems to be a waste of time trying to have an opinion that is not popular with the self proclaimed "Elite" pvp'rs. I find it funny that the same players that act almost intelligent on these forums are also the ones I see acting like idiots in game. I respect all opinions, especially from players that are posting here to help the game.
    Daalilama likes this.
  5. Luanne Active Member

My suggestion is to disable anything and everything that is a proc (mending adorns included), diety spells, gear, clickys everything until they can test it.
    Test it in batches, and enable them for pvp. If it's a raid piece with a proc that works in pvp, the piece or the adorn/focus whatever needs to be available through pvp also. having 2 ways of getting gear makes people want to do both, if only pvp gear works in pvp then a lot of pvpers will not even PVE any more because there's no point.
    We want some crossover, even if it's specific pieces of gear like the armor set, charms, weapons.
    Make some pvp specific focus blue adorns with procs on them (like in SF expansion), and copy the purples to blue (the ones that work in pvp like stat increases potency cb ma etc.), OR, simply change all the NEW pvp gear to have purple adorn slots and make purple adorns that works in pvp and make purples available on pvp vendor (only ones that work in pvp ) that would be ideal.
    Pawder likes this.
  6. Savej Active Member

Ok, nice ta meetcha, I'm Savej. Back to the issue...when will we hear what "removing procs entirely" means? Not to derail your perfectly fine exceptionally defensive stance, but I think you missed the point of the thread.
  7. Magic Missiles Active Member

Yes it will be interesting to find out if clickies are considered to be in the same group as procs.
    Still curious if we will need to rethink blue and white adorns for PVP.
  8. Pawder Active Member

"Removing procs entirely" . Lets break this down to simpler terms. "Removing", taking away. Procs, those unbalanced items that are OP and mindless". "Entirely", throw a blanket over every proc out there. I don't see that it is an issue until they do what they say. Then, and only then, they can look at gear balance, class adjustments, ca/spells. Then, they might throw another stick of ram into their Atari 2600 server. "Removing procs entirely", it can't be any clearer. Like "Take out the Trash".
    sharpsticks likes this.
  9. sharpsticks Active Member

Way to brake it down for them Pawder ;) you will have to excuse Savej hes been busy working on a far bigger issue like the removal of track :eek: sneaky little scouts lol !
  10. Savej Active Member

Again, its been 3 weeks now that you decided to remove procs. You need to define what you are removing entirely. Blue Adorns with Lethality triggers/Blasting adorns/Clickies/Stat increases/Runspeed increases. And yea, I wish the trash would get taken out. So it could stop whining.
  11. Pawder Active Member

I see you point Savej. I guess we will just have to wait and see. Whatever they do I just hope its actually is for the balance of PvP and not a round off the rough edges and say its all good.
  12. Magic Missiles Active Member

@Pawder: I wasn't asking what 'entirely' means in the dictionary.
    Glad to see your reading comprehension went up finally. +1!
  13. Pawder Active Member

Oh gotcha, you just didn't understand the sentence. It means they are removing all procs. And let's hope it is for balancing reasons. I would like to seem them return only if our ca/spells are the main dmg producers.
  14. Daalilama Well-Known Member

On the removal of procs we still have quite a lot of unanswered questions such as:
    • Is the removal of pve procs in pvp to be a permanent decision or just until they are better balanced and adjusted?
    • If the removal of pve procs in pvp is permanent, will you be designing a set of pvp specific proc items to replace them that are better balanced for pvp? Please note the blue pvp proc adorns designed for pvp during CoE were woefully underpowered.
    • When ToV was released, pvp and pve players were united again running pve content and gearing for pvp (something that became split in the population core that started slowly with the release of BG's and became a core problem up until the end of CoE but disappeared with ToV) now with the removal of the pve procs again the desire for both sides of the server to do content together again has been severely set back...how do you propose to incentivize pve and pvp players to work together again?
    Just some questions left unanswered.
  15. yerbo Member

OK, procs are a large part of dps right now, so if they remove them, are they going to replace that lost dps somehow? If not that, then do they plan on reducing HP? Because if they don't do either it is going to be near impossible to kill anyone frankly. Already there are a LOT of players in BGs that it takes a large numbers of players to kill. There are tanks that are currently near impossible to kill and without other adjustments they will be come impossible to kill.
  16. Pawder Active Member

We will be upping player damage and adjusting the amount that players can crit in PvP to counter the recent hit point increases to keep PvP fun and viable.

Did you not read the Devs post?.
  17. Savej Active Member

The post is completely ambiguous and of no help whatsoever in determining what is going to happen in a week. Again, I will keep bumping this thread until the day of the "fix" asking for a simple definition which would alleviate some of the frustration you will see from folks who are, as I type, spending tokens on useless items.
  18. Fleshdecay Well-Known Member

Clickes must go aswell because they are even more powerful than proc's. A clicky that wards each grp member for 55k every second for 12 sec. Wow
  19. Fleshdecay Well-Known Member

Oh and it also has a CC immunity on it aswell lol.
  20. Seriri Member

Decent, level-headed, considerate post.

But I really dont see why numbers couldnt be adjusted for the handful of used procs, with all nerfed procs retroactively restored, as well.

How can this honestly not be done in 3-7 days AT MAX on a PvP Test Copy server...?

TO RECRUIT PvP TESTING HELP:

Make a forum thread in General Gameplay & PvP & Battlegrounds.

Ask to hop on PvP guild's Ventrilo/Teamspeak 2 servers or create one of your own.

Create an IRC channel.

Communicate, act, done.

Why not just lower the ward value?

Is the item you mention available from contested or heroic instanced content?

With 500K+ HP & 160K+ DPS & 230K+ HPS, it's seems really peculiar to make judgment calls like this & act like you're being credible.