remove fighter check

Discussion in 'Zones and Populations' started by morath, Jan 27, 2018.

1. Vlkodlak Well-Known Member

The additions of the fighter requirement was misplaced and unrealistic. Smaller guilds with only a couple tanks to begin with are stuck with chronic lock out timers on those tanks while folks are forced to wait unnecessarily. I would like to see this removed as it serves no purpose.
    Juraiya and Rosyposy like this.
  2. Fenin Member

That's not entirely correct, it serves no positive purpose for players. It does serve a purpose for daybreaks income. As long as people continue to pay for second accounts to have a fighter available and pay to upgrade those alts, the fighter check will stay, and there's a substantial amount of people doing that.
    Kaarkula and Mizgamer62 like this.
  3. Tomshindo Active Member

Simply, in the server such as AB or Sebilis ( ah, which is no more ), fighter check affects players worse to continue group-playing.
    People are prone to closed group playing on the situation that fighters are rare. In the closed guilds or associations, few fighters are there If they went grouping, the others who fail to group with them cannot go to heroic instances due to this fighter check. LFG does not work to solve that , as the rarity is everywhere.
    So, fighter check does not solve fighter's rarity and in addition affects players. And I think it's a very serious problem.

If there is no fighter check , some dps classes will be able to solo, such as summoners or beast lords.
    But it's not a big issue for those who play EQ2 ordinary. Only high-end players can do that.
    I don't care those players because they cannot help but consume game contents faster.
    ( By the way I think that preventing those players completely ruined PG heroics. )
    I think the developers put this check for those high-end players. I'm sorry if it's wrong.
    I'll put to say that this fighter check cannot stop those players to do solo. There are other ways to circumvent.
    Such people would prefer to do solo or very closed playing whatever happens.

If this fighter check is set for solving fighter short supply, it does not work at all.
    I don't know how many times players gave up to grouping because of this fighter check.
    And in this point, what's important thing is that those people cannot enjoy group playing.
    This check is depriving people of the opportunities to go to heroics.

There are more to it than that, a fighter like me cannot play other classes because I'm needed to go to heroics.
    In this view, I lose the opportunity to play other classes because of this. Who said that this expansion will be easier to play ALTs? I've forgotten.

Anyway, this fighter check seems to have more drawbacks than merits.
    To make group playing more and fun, I think there must be the other ways.
    It's not going to go the way I think, talking with everyone over this forum will help to find out the resolution.
    Juraiya and Rosyposy like this.
  4. Sinak New Member

remove fighters from game
    problem solved
  5. semisus Does not play this game

Yes lets remove developers while we are at it
    No more game! problem solved.
  6. slica Active Member

Just add rogues to the fighter check and problem solved tbh....makes the people crying about swashies feel useful too...
  7. Drona Well-Known Member

I don't have the gear or the skill to solo T1 raids. Can you either buff me or nerf T1 raids please? Thanks in advance!
  8. Hellfiren Well-Known Member

Hello

First Problem that thier are not so many fighters is the awful EPIC 2 questline for Fighters.
    2nd is that some players are thinking they are superman and keep pulling , grabbing , adding things in instacnes and dont follow the first Raid and Grouping rule " Tank is leading the way , is first on MObs / Boss and pull and not any other player if thier is not an order for.
    Every tank is groups comander because if tank has no aggro peaople die / Healer is confused too and everything takes longer than i should.

As for me i have 3 Tanks in PoP to PLay Highend Heroic or T1 Raid ist amount of work to get a tank playable more than for the every other class because of the rarity or useabel gear.

And this problem isnt fixed from devs a long time until now, if i play tank in the normal way i need Deffensive Gear and not the trashy offinsive with no miti or block on it, but from 90% of the weekly rewards i get this fu.... peeep offensive trash.
    It takes me month and a mount of plat to buy / find the gear i needed for getting my stats right.
    Devs smartloot or a Pattern to chose what we need from the stuff which is offerd would solve the probelm.
    But have in mind every class needs special gear and all archtyps are different and for example mage / priest and Scots need Miti gear too for avoiding physical damage.

Next thing is that thier are to much players which are on the move with gluey fingers and do need on everything no matter if its gear a tank should have first to stay the inc Damage.

Thier is a unwritten knowing " if the tank dies the rest of the group will give up too in short period of time after "
    Everyone should have his or her progression indeed but somtimes i miss the brain useing players who arent grabb erverything whithout thinking about those points.

HElfiren
  9. Hellfiren Well-Known Member

Raids or solos thier is a big difference between ??

Raid is made for 24 well equiped players / heroics for 6 down to 4 / and solos are SOLO or max 2 players
  10. Sinak New Member

*sarcasm off*
    Why have a tank if a DPS can tank?
    Why gear up a new or returning tank if geared dps does job better?
    And why should i play tank if the only difference to dps is they do more dps?

Simply a tank should be needed to mitigate damage but itemization is broken.
    geared dps has 2-3x the HP of a non geared tank and same mitigation but higher resolve and resists.

The reason why people dont want to play tank is not the epic alone. sooner or later it is done.
    Its the gameplay feeling with the wannabe uber dpser.
    DPS has been tanking zones for years now thats the result cowboys.

GIve certain dps a def stance for tanking heroics BUT debuff their offense -50% pot/cb!
    Drona likes this.
  11. Hellfiren Well-Known Member

Hi Thats what i wanted to say ( Sinak ) tanks are a kind of class which isnt importent atm only to proove the fighter check and thats whats makeing me angry too.

Normaly a tank is used to avoid damage to groupe by having aggro and all mobs on him but atm a good geard elemetalist or Necro or evan scout /heler what ever could do the job if thier would be no fighter check and being thier and may be abuesed for a script mechanic only makes many tanks quit the job.

Helfiren
  12. Drona Well-Known Member

Well said! It should be very difficult for DPS class to reach high HP or mitigation even compared to a new or semi geared tanks. Due to current broken itemisation (why have %Hp and mitigation on DPS gear?) they have to add this stupid fighter check.

What people seem to forget is that the minute you can do heroics without a fighter, its the death of the fighter class. Why play a fighter otherwise? Please don't say raids...
    Juraiya and Meneltel like this.
  13. Sinak New Member

While we are talking about players fun...
    imagine how tank and healer feels with DPS going Rampage pulling trash, nameds
    to maximize their dps on the parse to improve their ego.
    And to ask for removing fighter check is nothing else then to ask to remove fighters from game.

Fighter check is the result of DPS attitude!
    Not the check brakes the game, dps broke it long ago for many not raid geared tanks.
  14. ShadowD New Member

But what about the monks?It turns out they can solo kill heroic mobs. They can have more than a whole group of players at the expense of one spell. Fix Dragonfire pls !!!!
  15. Shmotok New Member

And not only monk. All tanks can solo pass zones. This is unfair.
  16. Sinak New Member

oh dear, yes there are a thousands of tanks and all solo heroics instead of grouping heroic zones.
    and now back to topic please
    Drona likes this.
  17. Drona Well-Known Member

In that case ask for DPS or healer check similar to fighter check.
  18. Beee Well-Known Member

Instead of removing the tank check.. daybreak forced the tankcheck in TB heroic almost instant (or after 5 seconds) to remove soloing the zone as non tank :eek:
    THIS IS STUPID
  19. Fenin Member

Whining about this won't really do any good, the devs hate the fighter check just as much as players but it's not their decision. They've got a job and a boss that tells them what to implement.

Realistically you have three options:

1. Buy a second account to run a boxed fighter and pay to gear it up as intended.

2. Give up and come to the realization that you'll almost never be able to run heroics on low population servers unless your main is a fighter. Have fun where you're not restricted by shady cash grab mechanics.

3. Quit
    Jhen Ro likes this.
  20. Kaarkula Active Member

is it confirmed that they added a fighter check to bastion?