remove fighter check

Discussion in 'Zones and Populations' started by morath, Jan 27, 2018.

1. Drona Well-Known Member

If there is no tank available, there should not be heroic group going.
    If there is no healer available, there should not be heroic group going.
    If there is no dps available, there should not be heroic group going.

So may be add healer and dps check to these instances?

Not all tanks class can solo heroics and even those who can, I would guess they will need raid gear before they can solo them?

The point is, if DPS was allowed to go without a tank, then all of us tanks who are not raiding, will be screwed. I mean, even if we are available why would you take us? why not take DPS can finish the zone quickly?

I think tank classes are in unique situation in that no one takes more than 2 tanks for raids so if we are not NEEDED for heroics, the whole tank population will simply collapse.
    Sinak, Beee and Dannni like this.
  2. Thand Well-Known Member

What i see are tanks saying that No group should be able to do a zone without a tank. Though at the same time stateing they Only group with their small regular group of friends. Basically they are saying that 90 percent of the people out there should not be allowed to group ever because they are not the tanks Chosen few. Last expansion we ran tankless groups out of Nessesity because you would rarely find Any tanks. Those Rare tanks who did look for groups out side of thier small Cliche could find them almost Instantly. I do remember a few tanks leaveing groups because they took more than 5 minutes to fill when us dps had been trying to get a group together for Hours. So eventually we would say the heck with it and just get 2 healers and do the Few zones we could just be healed through as most still needed a tank to survive.
  3. semisus Does not play this game

Exactly , when we did ethereal coins there where quite a few times where there was no tank around and i had to tank mobs as conjuror and with a good healer we could do experts and ill be frank if not this option i would have had less than half the coins i got from being able to do this
    I also duoed easier heroics last expansion with a friend to try and get shinys for meta collection and while we actully did get it it was alot of work and the tanks i usually grp with cant play certain days/hours which means im now forced to do either
    A: Do solos
    B : Go play something else
    C : watch tv/movies

All of the above makes me play this game less and less desire to play at all
    Mizgamer62, Argosunited and Meneltel like this.
  4. Fenin Member

It's a little funny that most these threads are mostly just full of fighters, usually on alt forum accounts, making excuses why it should stay just so they can keep soloing / duoing heroics? Are you guys really that selfish?

The real reason remains that is a corporate decision, not the devs. As long as people keep buying 2nd accounts to run a fighter and buying kronos to gear one up, this isn't changing, we may as well give up, it's pointless when the devs have no say in the matter.
  5. Kheldar Active Member

They ought to just go ahead and require one of each archtype, or force an insta wipe halfway through.
    Oh yeah, with the new "Vision" they should require 6 to run a heroic, all who have to be different classes of tradeskillers, to make a 110 level combine at some point or insta-wipe.

Now that would be fun!
  6. Oraclelord Member

Sure, the little tanks out there with god complexes will pout for a bit but this tank script really has to go. You designed raids to only require two tanks for the most part, that means your going to have roughly two actively played tanks for ever 24 people on a server. You don't need to be a mathematician to see where i'm going with this.
  7. Sinupox New Member

We've recruited extra fighters just to run heroics and still don't have enough for all our (interested) raiders to run heroics on off raid nights. Push come to shove you really only need a fighter in the zone, you can literally have a 2 day old 110 fighter with CoV access sit dead at the door while you complete zones with a fighterless 5 player group.
  8. Dannni Active Member

Its like Drona says... the devs are taking evasive maneuvers to try and remedy the low fighter population. If they remove it youll all be moaning in a few months you have no fighters to tank raids for you. If you arent willing to take the less desirable option of rolling a fighter, then dont expect the privileges that come with it.
  9. Ashandra Well-Known Member

It’s detrimental to the game .....
  10. Fairin Active Member

the correct answer of course is to stop playing completely. so the number of tanks matches the number of dps =)
    Mizgamer62 likes this.
  11. Rougez Active Member

Funny how nobody is fighting to make the zones more challenging, where you simply can not solo/duo a heroic zone regardless.
    XustinuS and Errrorr like this.
  12. Clintsat Well-Known Member

They should just let fighter needs count as fighters. Priests already compete with priest mercs and nobody seems to mind.
  13. Fairin Active Member

you see, this is the problem at its core. if we want to run content. one in 6 of us has to play a fighter alt.. OR we can kick one of our standard group and have one of us pay for a whole nother expansion and take a few hours of grinding to get a fighter to play on our mains.

some players see yay this is fun, i feel needed!
    some players see wtf why do i have to group if i want too to do heroic content on my own?
    devs see $$$ come play our way
    i see it as, it was a good run, yer not worth buying a 2nd expansion to run dungeons when i want not when soandso has a fighter wants.

just harp a little wow here and there... you know their dungeons have normal(easy)- heroic(medium) - mythical(hard) and mythicalplus(wtf?) difficulties? and we get Solo(laughablyeasy) and heroic(still a joke really)

oh and a dungeon finder that works! - that'd fix majdul's overpopulation of tanks if they could group with the more deprived servers wanting this reverted... but alas.. there is a $$$ option.. why do you think its not been fixed yet?
    Meneltel and Mizgamer62 like this.
  14. semisus Does not play this game

i feel less and less desire to play , the fighters i used to grp with have all bur quit this game
    i make a grp with another person and they only wanna trio stuff so they are bascially saying i should leave old friends out
    You remove the fighter script for 2 zones but reality you dont , the mobs still hits for 300mil on a non tank vs a tank 10mil
    I dont wanna join pugs and i miss the old KA days where i could do easy with dungeons with friends if there was no tank around
    When ethereal summer thing comes around its just gonna get worse.
  15. Drona Well-Known Member

EQ2 was never a game about pick any random classes and do heroic content. There are games which let you do that but EQ2 was never one of them. Most zones in fact also need bard or chanter too. Yes it sucks that you can't do content if you don't have the required class but then you are playing the wrong game.

Also why are you complaining that you need a fighter for heroic content? Why not add raids to the list? I have group of 24 friends who are all DPS and we don't want to roll a fighter and we want to raid also dame it!

You are missing the bigger picture in that if you can run heroic without a fighter you will wipe out the fighter population.... and effectively the fighter/tank class. Then the trinity will become the duality?!?!

Yes some well geared fighter are soloing heroics and not grouping. This is not right and this needs fixing so ask for that but please don't ask to do the heroics without fighter since you will turn EQ2 into all the MMOs out there right now.
    XustinuS likes this.
  16. Gregore Active Member

The tank check should be removed. It's to hard to get tanks. There are plenty of times that my guild has 3, 4, or 5 peeps on that want to run heroics, but we can't cause we don't have a tank to pass the tank check with. We don't like to spam for some random tank, because a lot of the time they're either under geared and/or suck at playing their tank. We also don't want to share loot with non-guildies, as we area raiding guild and want to help our own raiders improve. We are not the exception, but are actually the norm for most guilds these days. PUGS are pretty much dead these days. Guild groups run zones, and guild groups are almost always lacking tanks, so please remove the tank check requirement from the zones. Thanks
  17. ConcealFate Well-Known Member

" we dont want to share loot"really? Sounds like your raiding guild needs to recruit more tanks or encourage someone to alt one for the team. Imo tank check makes sense.
  18. Fairin Active Member

just so you're aware. there are different types of players, some players play from 3 to 4 am or similiar , non primetime hours and finding a tank to "run a heroic for them" is 0, these same people dont have the time to "level a tank" and make it their main to run heroics to gear up their old main.

some players enjoy the challenge of doing a 6 person zone by themselves - and if they can actually do it they pritty much have the best of the best gear anyway. take my 70m hp vs a starter tanks 12million the heroics - are - a - joke.

previously these 2 types of people could run heroic content of the game they love, now they cannot. there are many more exmaples - like people waiting 2 hours for a fighter to even run a zone. sitting in lfg chat 5/6 lf tank untill the group breaks up.

now all the fighter mains are deuo / trioing the heroics taking just friends along and the vast majority that dont have pockets deep enough / or willingness to buy a 2nd account. or sheer time to deal with a strict requirement to zones that dont need it...

i digress. the point is, its not encouraging people to play tanks because of the gap between newbs and vets - even vets making fighters they will -still- be newbs without all the adorns.. its a tremendous undertaking and all we see is a $$$ grab to continue playing please insert 30$

and that is not ok.
    Mizgamer62 likes this.
  19. Drona Well-Known Member

I don't disagree with your point. It sucks that certain players you can't do can't do certain content. I get that and I really do.
    However I disagree with your solution as it will have long lasting and damaging effect on the game. It will effectively remove the fighter class(s) from the game. If you think about it, what you are asking is that, you want DPS class to be tanks as well for heroic content. If this happens, why would anyone roll a fighter? There is no need for the fighter class at all at this point.

The current fighter requirement is a band aid but it work in crude way.

The question you should be asking is that why we don't have enough tanks? The real fix is to have plenty of tanks at all levels and all times of play so that people don't have to wait 2 hours for a tank. But you must still need a tank, healer and dps for any heroic content.

I don't agree with fighters being able to solo heroics, I am all for nerf in this area. Have a healer check and dps check as well.
  20. SteveB Active Member

This is actually the point, make a tank, a dps and a healer check and make sure that no a healer and a tank can not pass the check without a scout or mage class in the group.
    ConcealFate and Drona like this.