remove fighter check

Discussion in 'Zones and Populations' started by morath, Jan 27, 2018.

1. morath Member

Please remove the fighter check from heroic encounters. There aren't enough tanks that still want to play the game. Our guild has lost 4-5 for this expac already.
    Jhen Ro likes this.
  2. Ashandra Well-Known Member

It’s never been in game before and isn’t working people can’t get stuff done which is absolutely awesome for the seller teams. Mean while people can dual box for updates so long as one of them is a fighter class . Spamming grp looking for fighter wanting to do heroics is getting old pretty fast different classes other then tanks have whole aa lines devoted to tanking guess this was over looked.
  3. semisus Does not play this game

The least they could is remove this thing from t1 heroics all together
  4. Redlight Well-Known Member

It would make sense if this was removed to make groups happen, I miss trying to tank
  5. Korucuu Well-Known Member

This has been the topic of discussion a few times lately, and I've seen the other posts here on the forums too. I have to agree, I feel the Fighter check is wholly unnecessary.
  6. guard Active Member

and while removing fighter check please upgrade all tanks to t1 dps
    Zule likes this.
  7. Heck62 Active Member

The Irony here is Tanks don't need groups to solo many POP Heroic instances.Many use ogre bot,but I have ran into a few that solo them.
    Earar likes this.
  8. Heck62 Active Member

Ascensions and broken abilities like Dragonfire have made them t1,plus skill.
  9. Ogdinmar Active Member

*Some Ascensions

This is a trueish statement but it ignores the glaringly obvious fact that there is a serious imbalance not only between the tanks but tanks and dps. Yes some of us have learned to overcome some of this issue, to a point. However, the job of a tank is a lot tougher than it ever used to be and to be honest I can see why a lot of tanks are just saying no to grouping outside of guild or even in guild. For those of you who are undoubtingly going to say "nah man tanks are fine" probably play a monk sk or paladin. so before you get your panties in a twist trying to epeen this topic go play a zerker, bruiser or guardian. Sure it can be done, I know the guard is my main, but its nowhere near the experience you get playing the sk pally or monk.

So I agree if they are going to have the fighter checks then they need to take a good look at the class issues. If not then I agree they do need to remove it. hopefully the next big patch will start addressing these issues one way or the other.
  10. Bardonio Active Member

Not sure why this fighter check mechanic was introduced in the first place. Now only fighters can solo heroics? Please reconsider removing this mechanic. Thanks.
  11. Earar Well-Known Member

the worst is ... some fighter with enough burst can actually solo heroics, so they don't need the others :p

I guess also some fights can work without fighter if u can manage to burst them enough ?
  12. Zule Member

dont use the grouping argument just because you actually want to solo zones yourself. there is plenty of tanks and there will be more, because this xpac isnt hostile towards tanks.

In the last two xpacs tanks had been totally humiliated by dpsers like BLs, summoners and wizards, who intentionally snapped aggro and tanked whole zones, expert and raid included, just to show off how great they are. many even forgot where the detaunt button is. no wonder there had been tank aggro issues lol. what the point to play your tank main/alt?

right now, tanks come in demand again. OP BLs still molo many heroic fights somehow though. there are always some **** players that will give the impression of class balance breaking up.
    sooner or later, there will be more tanks for groups than we can accomodate, once people realize that playing a tank has some merit again. so, just wait it out.

and if all the cry is because you want to solo heroics again, be honest at least.
  13. Earar Well-Known Member

I agree with that, but the problem switches. Tanks with enough burst can solo zones now (mainly SK, monk, zerk) sell the materials and don't need to group anymore.

u should need a tank because DPS classes really CAN'T take more than 3 hits
    u should need a healer because the damage/detriments cannot be ignored
    u should need a chanter because it's the best class to maintain power, or because u need CC
    u should need a bard because u need someone to tell jokes

many players want to try soloing at some point (it's a challenge/should be a challenge). I agree it shouldn't be the way to do zones, but should be doable at some point (some classes have easier time than others)

a way ?

remove the + mitigation gear. Make mitigation come from the class itself. Add or boost mitigation buffs of fighters so that only them can really boost it, and lower the self ward amount, make it capped. make non healer's heals/ward percentage based like fighters. and you'll have more balance.

I guess SOE/DBG changed fighter's heals for that reason, it was too strong. Now do it with other non-heal classes, because it's too strong on them now. and you'll find glasscanons again
  14. Creasote Well-Known Member

Keep the fighter check or make them Tier 1 DPS. There is no middle ground.
  15. semisus Does not play this game

No middle ground? jeez what about actully making them do the class balance that we where promised
    Wanna be t1 dps for heroics? simple buy ascensions.
    Mizgamer62 and Earar like this.
  16. Hellfiren Well-Known Member

Hello,

I am against the removeing the No Fighter Failcondition, ist fine as it is atm.
    Hate those days were people run inistances without a tank and only DD / Scout Groups, the game mechanics are fine this way.
    Next time you ran innis without a healer or what ?? Not Realy.

Thats way many players are to lazy to play a tank or dont have the discipline to do the fighter EPIC 2.0 for me its fine i have done Epic 2 on many Toons 2 Mages / 2 Priests / 1 Trouba / 2 Tanks and all equiped well since KA and atm in PoP too, could Do anything up to T2 Raid.
    It coast me a mount of time to get this finished with help from my friends so why all who did fighter epic 2 should be screwd now because some crazy players are wanted to run Heroic Content without a Tank ??

The Fighter Epic was pure pain so now let us earn the benefit of our work.

In PoP all Classes are needed and this is MMORPG Gameing as it should be, and if the rest of the group would have good gear and DPS it would be nice, i had many groups with people who are wanted to do Heroic especialy T2 content with every trashy toon like they did in KA Summer ETH.
    All is fine now as it is and i will quit every group with my Tanks if my Tank is doing more DPS than a DD or My Healer doing more DPS than a DD like it was many times in KA Addon.

I have beaten so many DDs with my healer in DPS last addon it was disapointing to see how bad some toons could be but wanted to play with the big boys.

And let me tell you some more, most tanks dont want to do randoom groups, because of the reson that many players have forgotten how a Heroic Group is working.

I tell you the Rules:

1 Tank is Leader and Pulls everything and he grabs or activates everything if not anounced an other way.
    2 Healers first job is healing and not DPS this could be done if group is standing fine.
    3 DDs / Supporter takeing Tank as Main Assist so nothing unexpectet will be added or pulled
    4 Whole group will follow tank especialy Healer!! and dont run thier own way.
    5 If thier is some duty like doing script which needs to be done by an other class exept tank this will be done
    by a supporter who is able to do the scriped actions.
    6 Tank calls for Evak and wont be casted until its called.

These are things which are written rules in Raid and Heroic content for avoiding trouble and anger, if all will follow this palying will be a lot of fun.

In the past many players are acting and playing rambo style which creates a lot of anger to the tanks who are the once to put it right again.
    And last big thing Healer and Tank are a TEAM always like a Spoter and Sniper in the Army.

Helfiren
    Meneltel likes this.
  17. semisus Does not play this game

Its not about running grps without a tank , its about being able to run grps when there is no tanks around
    A tank should be needed and wanted , not required for easier zones.
    Jhen Ro, Juraiya and Mizgamer62 like this.
  18. Tupperbeast Active Member

That's just the problem, many are just big mouths, but they just do not work enough on their chars. Why are we seeing so few good tanks right now, or in general, the raw materials are not looking for crafter items, it's not in zones, many strats are needed only there, people are also aware of the game or are ready Unfortunately, many people do not accept help because they think they know everything or are better.

Not everything is bad, but many things are also broken thanks to the devs because they are not able to bend their own mistakes more straight or to improve. We are also missing some pure classes. Balance back to eq2 what it used to be, POP means everybody he just plays a DPS class healer heal less because you think you have to make dps terrible where the whole thing leads.
  19. Hellfiren Well-Known Member

Tanks should be requiert for every instance easy or not the punishment for running innis without fighters is fine as it is.
    If you want loot and progression build groups as its planed

Tank / Healer / 2 DDs / 1 or 2 Sups depend on instance
    Tank / Healer / 3 DDs / 1 Sup
    Tank / 2 Healer / 2 DDs / 1 Sup
    or some other settings including Tank which are good enough to finish the Job.

Tanks wont run random groups, because of the problems i counted above my friend, i dont runin my nerves by running random if i could run innis with my Raid Force Or Guild with having Teamspeak and people who are knowing how to play thier toons and doing thier durty well.

I have my friendslist for forming groups or find players who are prooven on thier Jobs / Classes, Tanks cant do thier Job well if the rest of a group slacks or dont know whats to do especialy in the view of scripts.
    I must have a trusted Healer if tanking innis especialy T2 were you have a mount of damage income.
    I know my people to take with me:)

And a Tank can be found quickly if all players will follow the rules i mentiont thats it.
    I dont waste my time in random groups for ruin my mind RL is hard enough and if i play EQ2 i dont need stress and mind killing behavior in EQ2 i play to have fun and help my friends or other pleasent players who need help, but not with some guys who think they are superman and if watching on ACT tank does more DPS than DD thats the thing.
    Some content isnt made for casual gamers also they are round about 2/3 of whole community for example T2 Heroics or higher Contend this was made for prooven players with good Gear / Knowlage about how and what to do and a skilled groupe.

Sorry for beeing a bit hard on my words, but i have seen so many trashy toons in last addon wanted to do stuff they arent ready for but tryed things by using a crawbar for hunting thier illusion of being a superhero.
  20. Hellfiren Well-Known Member

Sorry but soloing a heroic in actual addon isnt the game anyway and thier are very old contents like ToV Raids or old Contested Mobs which arent soloable atm for Example Temple of Veeshan Raid or the Contested X4 Mushroom in ToT.
    Some Mobs in AoM Raids arent solo able atm.

If your one or tow addons over the last addon some Heroics may be soloable ok but not atm.
    DB forced us to do groups it ok like this if you wanna play solo go playing ego games or ply offline with your self having fun:)