Reminder: Fallen Gate to Antonia Bayle Server Merge

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Mepps, May 31, 2019.

1. Tanager New Member

I understand the TLE servers are not permanent. That is, in fact, my point. I lost the name of my 110/110 AB char that I spent a year building to a 2 year old level 14 because the FG char was created before mine and they logged in within the past 90 days. I find it irritating to know that, should I create a character on AB after Kaladim goes live, I will run the risk of losing that name when Kaladim is inevitably merged unless I create a duplicate char on Kaladim just to hold the spot. Taking up a ''cool'' name just to hold it is unfair to Kaladim.

Names are important. Some people enjoy creating characters with actual names, not just randomly generated letters. Mine was based on a favorite fictional character, and was a joy to roleplay. Server merges should be an act of desperation, a once in a blue moon thing. NOT a planned, inevitable result of intentionally creating short-lived servers. This is the third time I have lost a character name, and it is frustrating. It is probably the last time, at least, since this was the youngest of my characters and so all of mine will now be older than any new servers. My post was merely an outpouring of frustration... I know nothing will change.
    Soara2 and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  2. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

I lost some names too but I do understand your story Tanager
    what I do is I change my name just a little like Ebony and Ebonee or Eboni
    you get the idea. but I understand that is not always possible :(.

Anyway I just went on all toons I moved over on to Turgadin and I feel like a fish out of the water
    My characters are like shipwrecked people who lot their home do to a great disaster .
    Well at least all bells and portals work to get anywhere , I sort of miss the carpet.
  3. buckwheat New Member

taking to the last min it looks like, server still locked at 8am pt
    Soara2 and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  4. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

I's up now just came up as I watched
  5. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

So, they were like an hour late; it was supposed to go until like 10 am this morning? Not bad. :)

Uwk
    Soara2 and Breanna like this.
  6. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Do you need a Guild to be home in on Thurgadin, Schmett? I'm in like three there; lots to choose from. :)

Uwk
  7. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

I could maybe use one yes I will be not to often there though . but besides on the test server I always wanted to play in
    a guild with my big kitty friend ( looks at those big fangs and shivers )
  8. Kuulei Well-Known Member

I have a better story for you. I have had the name Kuulei since beta. The only server I had never made a character on was AB as I had no inclination to ever be on a RP server. After a few merges over the years, I decided to make a character on AB as I didn't want to lose my name if for any reason I ever ended up there. I checked and the name was not taken however, like an IDIOT, I mentioned my intentions in Homeshow channel. I chatted for a couple more minutes in Homeshow and then camped to create my character and it said it was TAKEN:eek:
    So I checked with EQ2U and behold, I see.
    Kuulei
    Birthdate:2013-10-13

Played:2m 41s Server:Antonia Bayle
    Someone in Homeshow decided to be "funny" and created a free level 85 heroic character taking my name. To make matters worse, my raid guild did end up moving to AB 19 months later and that heroic character that never logged in again was still there and I had to take the name Kuuleis while on AB. I was so happy when our raid guild got fed up with AB and we moved to Maj`Dul and I got my name back. I did get the "last laugh" though as when they merged the Japanese server to AB, I had a Kuulei there and she was born 2 years before the "fake Kuulei" that someone thought was funny to make and again I have the name secured on AB.
    Momo, Rosyposy, Schmetterling and 4 others like this.
  9. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Heh, don't worry about Uwk; he's not on Thurgadin...but I have.........(looking at the spreadsheet) two female Kerra, one in a British guild and one in a French guild (run by Armageddoux [sp.?]! :D). No German guild, sorry; I was thinking seriously about getting onto Valor right before The Big Consolidation there (they had some amazing decorators). :-/

Uwk
    Rosyposy and Breanna like this.
  10. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Grats! :D

When in doubt, though, never volunteer information... :(

Uwk
  11. Kuulei Well-Known Member

Yes, learned my lesson.
  12. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

what kind of mega troll would think this is funny , and I am really happy you got that name back :)
    lol I made some baby toons on Valor and one of them has 3 x es at the end of her name, but I just never had time to play on that server , so I don't mind to much.
    Most likely I will send all my TLE server toons to Turgadin , that way I get open character slots for the next TLE server.
    once all spots are taken I will have to delete those baby toons.
    I do not speak French only German and English , so where is you big kitty berserker ?
    ( so I can tie a bell to his tail )
  13. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Uwk proper is in Maj'Dul (now running his own guild, surprisingly enough; Rooted Nomads, though we're not terribly active whenever I'm not doing much on Maj'Dul); my British kitty is in The Last People of the Dragon guild. The French guild, Guerrier Celeste, has folks that don't only speak French (I don't, either, though I sort of picked up on a few bits); once you make it known that you don't, they're okay with it. :)

Best thing is, if there's drama going on there, I can't tell. ;)

Uwk
    Siren, Kuulei, Breanna and 1 other person like this.
  14. Lucida Member

My question is how we get legacy items? Like the power up version of Heritage items?
    Also, I missed my window for the free transfer token. Is it possible to get the token now?
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  15. Siren Well-Known Member

No; you have now merged into AB and transfers are over. They were only for those who knew they wanted to go elsewhere from FG, before the FG to AB merge.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Breanna like this.
  16. Soryn New Member

My question is why merge FG to a live server instead of merging it to Kalidem? And yes I do know Kalidem is behind in expansion but I think player would like going back rather then to live?
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  17. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Because Kaladim didn't exist yet, as I recall; I could be wrong, but considering they were giving up on one TLE server, they probably weren't announcing the advent of another one immediately. :-/

But in the future, they might want to include that in their plans: "In case of server failure, please press this 'transfer to the new one' button."

Either that, or stop listening to all the whingers out there going on about how AB is "dying" and/or "dead" because no one wants them on their raid teams. :-/

Uwk
    Breanna and Rosyposy like this.
  18. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

Yes Kaladin existed that is what killed FG. Kaladin was announced ahead of time, and most people just went for the new server as soon as it opened . FG being left with a diminishing population was given 2 or 3 months to take care of their affairs.
    The reason that FG is not merged into Kaladin is that at FG we had a level cap of 90 and 300 something AA
    Kaladin has not had even one expansion yet well we still have to get one even jet.
    So what would be the point in beginning a new TLE server if you than dump in toons who are much higher level.
    It would have made a lot more sense to merge Stormhold into FG ( at that time the 2 servers where at the same level) and even for that there where reasons not to.
    Breanna and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  19. Dude Well-Known Member

Don't forget all the stuff that would have to be stripped from those characters to meet the rules of Kaladim. The big one that jumps to mind is familiars, but there might be other things. Essentially, all FG characters would either have to be stripped of everything and set to level 1 or stripped of everything and put in some holding server until Kaladim catches up to where FG was. Neither of those things make sense.
    Breanna and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  20. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Oops! Okay, my bad; was a little confused there. Thanks for clearing it up! :)

Uwk
    Breanna likes this.