Remember these Avatar drops from long ago?

Discussion in 'Items and Equipment' started by Ruckus, Mar 25, 2018.

1. Ruckus Well-Known Member

Juraiya and Rosyposy like this.
  2. Alexstrasza Active Member

How about we don't do that. Those of us who were lucky enough to get those back then like to somewhat feel like we accomplished that we killed the old school Avatars.
    Revanu likes this.
  3. Mercychalice Well-Known Member

or just bring back the avatars in a stronger fashion, may they be slightly angrier with us for interloping upon their magical planes.
    Xillean likes this.
  4. Breta Well-Known Member

You had 10+ years to feel special, that is more than enough.
  5. Ruckus Well-Known Member

Exactly. How many people that used to raid avatars at level 80 are even still playing this game? Even if I was in a raiding guild that was killing avatars all those years ago, the only character I have played as my "main" since launch...never could have used the Trixy Cane...because he's a scout.

Once appearance armor/weapons tab went into game (Sept 2007), a few months before the avatars showed up at level cap of 80, he still could not have equipped it in the appearance slot. It's only up until recently you could equip most armor/weapons in the new appearance vault tab. NOW my scout could be able to use it as an appearance weapon.

Even if I did raid avatars, there is no way I would have even looted something on my scout that he couldn't ever put in the appearance tab. That thing was snatched up by those that could actually use it.

My suggestion of it being put into game on Marketplace would generate DBG some extra income. Heck, add more "old school' raid armor crates and weapons on Marketplace. There were a lot of cool looking armor sets and weapons that are out there and you can mentor down and farm in the old raid zones. Remember class hats? Those now can be worn outside of your class, thanks to the new vault tab.
  6. Ruckus Well-Known Member

You yourself are equipping a weapon in your appearance slot that you wouldn't have been able to equip prior to the vault tab going into game. My swashbuckler would never have gotten the Trixy Cane back during the avatar era, because every one who could equip it was bidding on it. Appearance armor/weapon tab would not have let him equip the item at all. Thanks to the vault tab, I could equip it if I had looted it, just like you can now equip this weapon:

\aITEM 1015701991 -1174603521:Fiery Axe of Unending War\/a

https://u.eq2wire.com/item/index/1015701991
    Errrorr likes this.
  7. Mercychalice Well-Known Member

I wasn't playing at the time that the Avatar raiding was relevant. I wouldn't mind doing it.
  8. Alexstrasza Active Member

Sure as long as the appearance and names are changed of everything.
  9. Redlight Well-Known Member

These items just highlight how cut and paste itemization has ended up, kinda sad
  10. Earar Well-Known Member

smaller team !
  11. Adoninilol Well-Known Member

You can get a trixy cane from wing three of ToV right now, I think it's available in either hand but with the new wardrobe system you can put it in either main hand or off hand iirc.

I'm not sure why the other stuff is restricted (staff of growth, brell pick axe, zek two hander, etc.)

To imply the you felt "accomplished" killing the avatars back in the day is a joke, you had guilds like NPU getting detailed spawn timers as they had a developer in guild, and frankly, a lot of the avatars just weren't that hard.

Then you also add in the fact that you would kill growth five, ten times even, and still not get a staff.
  12. semisus Does not play this game

Ive asked for changing avatars so u didnt need 18 people to spawn em , mostly cause i know there are some nice apperance stuff to get from em
    However this is a low design priorty and will probably never get changed , a shame though
  13. Ruckus Well-Known Member

Thanks for the tip on this still being in game!

I wandered into Maw and 1 shotted all the dragons with Cascading Force. Found Bristlebane's toy castle, which spawned him eventually. I couldn't damage him, and then a swarm of other gods spawned on me, kept me stunned, and then I died. Turns out he's one of the encounters that you only get one attempt at, and it's a 5 day lockout timer.

Short of putting on anti-stun/whatever gear on and potions and maybe a healer merc. any suggestions. Pretty sure if I wasn't perma-stunned, I could have blue AoEed them all down.

Looked around on the web and only found a video with Revelations killing it.
  14. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

Bristlebane is pretty heavily scripted, so just be aware of that. Not sure how much of it can be burnt through overall.
  15. Adoninilol Well-Known Member

That mob is very scripted, it's been awhile but let me remember.

There are like three or four different scripts that mob can have.

The first is the gaggle of gods, you have to kill them in a specific order, each god has the old avatar scripts just rebuilt into them in smaller forms, each script you complete damages bristlebane so you have to actually do the script.

I remember one is like kill the gods, the other is harvest shinies? The third is run to narnia and kill adds.

It's been awhile, the fight was just a large cluster and we just kinda guess what was supposed to happen and just blew it all up before we bothered to learn the script honestly.
  16. SteveB Active Member

Have you also asked to get Drazaak become changed for beeing able to pop it solo or with at least only a group?
    Merriel likes this.