Relinquish Your Gathering Goblin? No show on Goblin.

Discussion in 'Tradeskills' started by Kenneth, Apr 3, 2017.

1. Kenneth Member

I have reached the step where I placed the pot in my house. The pot has grown a plant in it. It has been three real earth days. The Goblin has not shown up? Did I miss a step or something? I still have the gathering goblin spell in my book but it does not do anything. Any ideas?

2. Dude Well-Known Member

You have to click on the plant once each day to do a quest. After you do a few days of quests, the plant will start giving you one rare per day.
  3. Kenneth Member

In the quest "Relinquish Your Gathering Goblin?" There is a step that says place your Obulus Frontier seedling in your house. I did that. It looks like an empty pot. Then it says check back in on the plant later. 24 hours. I did that. The pot has a plant in it. It then says your gathering goblin has returned. This did not happen. The next quest is "Budding Progress". I can not move on because I did not have the goblin return to talk to. Also, the potted plant does noting when you try to click on it.
  4. Dude Well-Known Member

I know it sounds like a lame question, but are you sure the goblin hasn't returned? I only ask because when I first did this, I thought it was bugged, but it turned out the goblin was hidden behind the plant.
  5. Shmogre Well-Known Member

The goblin is graphically tied to one side of the pot, so if the pot is placed near a wall or other object, he may be spawning out of sight. Try rotating the pot or putting the plant in the middle of the room (with nothing around it) and see if that helps.
  6. Mermut Well-Known Member

If you've placed the plant near a wall, it's possible the goblin has spawned in the wall.
    Prissetta and Shmogre like this.
  7. Kenneth Member

It's right out in the middle of my floor. Nothing around. I walked around all sides too. Nothing. I have compounded my problem. I destroyed the pot/seed to see if the quest would restart. No I just do not have a plant and the quest did not reset. Growf is still saying the same thing. My goblin spell still does not work. I even tried to see if the plant was for sale on the docks of NF. Nope. I sent a bug report. Maybe an admin can help at this point.
  8. Dude Well-Known Member

Don't rely on a bug report. All that does is inform someone that there might be a bug that they might, at some point, work on. Instead use /petition. It will take you out of the game to their customer service website. That's the only way to get an answer on a specific problem.
    Shmogre and Prissetta like this.
  9. Kenneth Member

Ok, thanks for the advise. I put in a petition. Do you have any idea how long it might take for a response?

10. Dude Well-Known Member

I don't think I've ever used /petition for a quest, but I've done it for other issues. I've usually received an answer in a couple days.
  11. Kenneth Member

OK, just FYI for anyone who reads this later, there is a tab on the character window to get deleted items back. So I got my Obulus Frontier Seedling back. Now, same old problem. I have the pot. The pot has a plant in it. There is no goblin. I moved the pot out in the open. No walls near. I changed the default UL back and forth and zoning out and back in with multiple combinations. Still no goblin. I even took the pot to a different house and still no luck. Any other ideas? Am I missing a step or something? I am going to not mess with it for a couple of days to see if there is some kind of clock that keeps resetting or something.
  12. Dude Well-Known Member

I'm not sure if this is the problem, but moving the thing around may reset the 24 hour timer. Try letting it sit in one place for 24 hours and see if that helps. Also, it has to be in that toon's house, not the house of an alt where you are a trustee.
    Shmogre likes this.
  13. Rosyposy Well-Known Member

I have all my plants in my crafting house with no issues.
  14. Dude Well-Known Member

Did you have them there while you were doing the quest?
  15. Rosyposy Well-Known Member

Yes. I've never put them anywhere else.
    Shmogre and Dude like this.
  16. Dude Well-Known Member

Cool. That didn't work when I was doing the quest, but that was in the first two weeks of the expansion.
    Prissetta likes this.
  17. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

As for the spell, once you've surrendered your goblin, it turns into a buff that solidly increases your base harvesting speed, so you've likely been clicking the buff on and off. The buff will also fall when you die, and need to be reapplied.
    Shmogre and Prissetta like this.
  18. Lil Mantis Member

I did not know that. I'll try it tonight. I had assumed it served no purpose and removed it from my hot bar.

Thanks!
  19. Alenna Well-Known Member

did you place the plant near a wall? if so the goblin is probably in the wall that is what happened to me I just moved the plant and the goblin showed up
  20. Kenneth Member

OK, I got it fixed. After days of messing around with settings, resetting defaults, clearing caches, and every combination imaginable, all it took to fix my problem was to run the "Validate Game Assets" from the launchpad. LOL too simple to see.
    Niami DenMother and Prissetta like this.