Relic Tinker Prestige House

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Olisha, Aug 22, 2018.

1. Olisha New Member

So earlier today my guildmate and I were talking about the new house you can get from the panda and decided to check it out. That was three hours ago.

The first thing we noticed was that you could fly out of the little house, which leads you outside. So of course, the first thing we do with our newfound freedom was fly directly towards, and through, the mountains. We noticed that there aren't any invisible walls and that the mountains have no collision. As I am typing this, my guildmate is still flying off into the void, they won't turn back no matter how much I plead with them. I flew upwards and couldn't find the invisible ceiling, but falling far enough down will port you back to the little house.

Under the house is a little black box that has no collision, but that's when I found out something more sinister. Flying towards the pillars on the sides of the house from underneath the floor will kill you. The locations that I died were (-38.14, ?, -0.07) and (38.60, ?, 0.13). I couldn't tell the middle coordinate because I would fall into the void as soon as I died. I noticed this only when I was close to the bottom of the pillars, standing next to them at any other vertical position didn't kill me. When I died, I had to revive in Qeynos, my armour broke, and I gained experience debt.

Now, I actually like the amount of freedom the house gives. I like the idea of being able to make my own large landscapes and actually have a few ideas of what I could do. I don't know if placing house items really high up and/or to the far sides would work or if they glitch out, as I can't test this part of the house. I just wanted to post my findings, as my guildmate and I had quite a bit of fun exploring this house.

Here's my favorite screenshot I took (the deadly pillar is the box in the background):
    [IMG]
  2. Cindigo New Member

My final coords were 123581.57, 11959.24, 68530.40.
    I had to fast travel to get out of the zone without diving all the way down to vertical coord where it would zone me back to solid ground. I don't recommend going too far if you don't have access to fast travel. You will regret it.
  3. elflover Well-Known Member

The other problem with the home is that there is no housing portal like the rest of the homes in game...no door nothing. And hoping the outside will be solid if not i hope the address it.
  4. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

I hope you good folk are turning in /bug info or submitting support tickets to make sure this gets addressed.
  5. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

They are already fixing the portal issue, and are looking into the rest of it, but keeping and eye on bugged stuff in there is a good thing.
  6. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Always! :)

And the 6-room Maj'Dul house (the one you can get from the Courts, if memory serves) has a killer "trap door" area as well (either up the stairs, or in the middle of the stairs; either way, I blocked them off), so it's not unique...just annoying. :(

Uwk
    Cyrrena likes this.
  7. Momo Well-Known Member

Yes but there it's a breakout from the intended house, thats no real bug then, is it?
    (Btw, my guildies and me enjoyed it immensely when we found out - we fell through those stairs and ended up dead on the floor of our Guildhall - kept trying this until we all lay there in a giggeling heap. Soooo funny. Poor mans Magic Door to the Guild Hall at that time :D)
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Cyrrena like this.
  8. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

I found this too, going up the stairs, I but a Vampiric Mirror in front of it, and after I did a break out on it, I put a portal at the end of it that goes to the breakout area and have blocked that all in with Vampiric Mirrors.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  9. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

And probably funnier than the dratted "DO NOT TOUCH" button... ;->

Uwk
    Momo and Cyrrena like this.
  10. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

I have two of these in Gullveig's Maj'Dul apartment (Lion's Mane Inn, upstairs to the left, 1st door). When you enter, there's a talking mouth that announces DO NOT PUSH ANY BUTTONS. It's a gnomish workshop, only a fool would mess with anything because y'know, always the chance of an explosion (which is why the apartment also has a bunker with a concrete block and sandbags in front of it).
  11. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

ROFL! :D

Uwk
  12. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

When this relic tinkers' house mysteriously appeared on the housing portal before Tinkerfest 2017, I explored it. I found 2 places where you fell through the grates and to your death. This was when we were speculating on whether there would be some way to get this house during Tinkerfest or whether it was a house for the expansion due out in November.

One of the spots was about 3 walking steps forward and 2 walking steps to the left of where you zoned in. The other was down the first corridor to the right from where you zone in about 4 walking steps prior to the corner.

I wish I could be more specific, but that is what I remember from my exploration of that house a year ago.

Additionally, while we are on the topic of prestige houses, soon, all I will have is prestige houses and have reached the maximum. I believe I have 3 city houses that I can relinquish so I can replace them with prestige houses. I think they either need to raise the maximum number of homes we can own so we can have all the prestige houses, or, separate city houses and prestige houses. What I mean by this is make it for instance a maximum of 10 city houses and unlimited prestige houses. I am not going to get rid of a prestige house to buy another from the marketplace if I am at maximum, I will simply not purchase any more prestige houses. Or more simply, make prestige houses not count towards your maximum number of houses you can own.
  13. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Oh ho! Rather like the way the House Items and Building Blocks are separate...or, unlimited prestige houses would certainly help with their Marketplace cash flow, but unless they limit home owning somehow, they're gonna start whingeing at us again about having "too many items"... X-P

Uwk
    who thinks, hey, they're getting revenue from us for the Prestige Houses, the least they can do is use that to run the Item Server Farms... ;->
    Cyrrena likes this.
  14. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

Thinking on this more, I think they should separate City houses from Prestige houses. I think they should set a limit of 5 or 10 City houses and unlimited Prestige Houses. They could even make the system limit the number of City houses you can have as you get more Prestige Houses, similar to the amenities in a guild hall, the higher the guild level the more amenities, in this case it would be the higher the number of Prestige Homes the lower the number of City houses you could own until you hit 1 City house per City based on alignment.

For example:

Player A has 0 prestige homes so they would be able to have the maximum number of City Houses allowed.

Player B has 5 prestige homes so they would be limited to 50% of whatever the maximum number of City Houses allowed.

Player C has 10 prestige homes, so they would only be allowed 1 house in each city of their alignment, eg 1 FP, 1 TD, 1 Neriak.

When they can finish up making as much stuff stackable as possible and allowing us to place those in a house in a stack, like a stack of 100 Granite Tiles or whatever it is, that will help tremendously with the hoarding. And if they would give us a depot or multiple depots both personal and guild amenity where we could store the stacks of building blocks, tiles, furniture, etc that would decrease the number of storage dungeons in existence. And by give, I am actually saying give us a way to obtain, a quest to get a book to craft them, a guild amenity, and like with the personal depots, make a larger version available for purchase in the marketplace.

I was so excited when I saw the stacking of things, I went to a storage dungeon and picked up 400 floor tiles and a bunch of furniture, I was going to get rid of all of my storage dungeons. Then I went to an empty prestige home to start putting down the stacks only to learn that I could not put them down in stacks, even though the plants and other items craftable from PoP stack and can be placed as a stack. I had to pick up what I had dropped down and go back to the storage dungeon and spend hours putting the tiles back 1 by 1 along with the furniture I picked up.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  15. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

OMG! Argh! Gah, I would hate that; luckily for me, by the time I'd realized that, I'd also read about the woes of those decorators who'd been through things like that and not been able to place in stacks, before I'd fallen into that same "trap." Also luckily, I've rarely had that many of any one thing... ;)

And yeah, I completely agree with your suggestions! If they have space issues, let us help them with that. ;->

Uwk
    Breanna likes this.