Relic Tinker Prestige House, doors out ? Extend walkways ?

Discussion in 'Norrathian Homeshow' started by Geroblue, Mar 6, 2020.

1. Geroblue Well-Known Member

I see area outside the house. So far I haven't found a door out of the house.

On level 2 there are walkways, with gaps. Is there anyway, besides adding my own floor pieces, to extend the walkway and close the gaps ?

Thanks.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Cyrrena like this.
  2. elflover Well-Known Member

you add your own pieces. and you hv to break out using portal pads you get from city fest merchants to get outside. to me i dont like the breakout it takes a bit for whatever you place to load and have to be close to whatever you place to see it.
  3. Geroblue Well-Known Member

Okay, I'll keep an eye out for city events ? Portal pads, hopefully I'll remember that.

Thanks !
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  4. elflover Well-Known Member

theres a city event right now, 1-7 of each month check your in game calander. this month is neriak. all city fests use same tokens so if you dont get enough in time can just try again next.
    Breanna and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  5. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Yep! And since I didn't see this until tonight, I can't help any more with this specific City Festival... :oops:

But look specifically for the term "Teleportation Pad" sold by the General merchant, not so much the Local Specialties. They are pricey; 20 City Tokens for a pack of two of them, but you can only have a max of 4 in a regular house anyway (you can place more in a Guild Hall, where they're called "teleportation portals"), unless you know how to, ah, game the system (I don't, so don't ask me ;->).

A good way to get City Tokens without having a City Token quest giver at the City Festival (next time is, I think...ah...Qeynos! Thank you, spreadsheet! :D) is to do crafting writs and/or missions for various city society grunts, like the Fighters or the Mages or the whatevers that would like you to trot about and slay a bunch of things that might be bothering them (this also gets you status points, if memory serves, and helps your faction with that group). ;->

During the City Festival, there's a Troll gal who moans around about how, even though they're nicely busy, making money hand over fist, they just aren't getting enough ___________ to keep the workers happy. The best quest for her is to offer to whip up some food and drink for the workers; if you're F2P, you'll get 4 City Tokens for completing it, and if A Real Little Member, 8 Tokens. The problem is, even though it only takes Tier 1 materials (black coffee beans, sunfish, deer meat, white tea leaves, roots, and Basic Kindling, Aerated Water [or whatever that's called], and Dough), the prices on the harvestables goes through the bloody ceiling on the Broker that first week of every month. Make sure you harvest a bunch ahead of time and stockpile it. ;->

Uwk
    Marae, Breanna and Geroblue like this.
  6. Geroblue Well-Known Member

i guess those teleports only show up during Qeynos city week, as they aren't on the city merchants down by the Qeynos docks.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Breanna like this.
  7. Marae Well-Known Member

The pads are only available during the city festivals, Gero, and only from the festivals' General Festival Goods merchant, who is under one of the tents. The city festivals are usually located just outside their respective cities. There is a line of about 4-5 tents, with various vendors, wagons, and pack animals, and the troll quest giver. A crier walks up and down the roadway announcing the festival. Locations and dates (always the 1-7 of the month) are as follows:
    Qeynos (the next one, April 1-7; also occurs October 1-7): outside the Qeynos north gate in Antonica, near where the holiday racing events are usually held (that's NOT where the city festival race is held, though - that's over near the lighthouse)
    Freeport (May/November): along a road (Horse Fly Trail) near the Crossroads in the Commonlands
    New Halas (June/December): in the open area of town near the Erollisi shrine
    Gorowyn (July/January): just inside the Timorous Maw (the huge cave on the lowest level of the city) and outside along the docks in Timorous Deep
    Kelethin (August/February): on the Green Knoll, which is down the ramp from the zone-in point on the Near Residential Aerie platform
    Neriak (September/March): along the road outside the entrance to Neriak, between it and Innoruuk's Scar (the chasm)

The festivals are fun, and a good source of housing items in addition to the very useful teleportation pads. Lights and lampposts (Neriak has some spectacular ones), variously colored building blocks (Qeynos is white marble, Freeport is black marble, Neriak is blue marble and has roof tiles, Gorowyn is red marble, Kelethin is wood, and New Halas is ice), and city-themed signs and furniture (Gorowyn has a lovely set of scroll shelves) are available from the Local Specialties merchant. These offerings change depending on the city. Baskets of grain and produce are always available from the general goods merchant, and during the Kelethin festival there are additional Kelethin-themed ones on the local merchant.

As mentioned above, you can get city tokens by doing writs and other city tasks between festivals, or by doing city festival quests handed out by the troll, whose name is Kella Swampfoot. The amount of tokens awarded depends on the quest, but different quests are more or less convenient to do depending on the festival location (and sometimes your alignment), so which ones yield the most tokens in the least amount of time varies accordingly. You can also try your hand at the festival racing, which grants 1 token (2 if you're a member) per race, a title if you're fast enough, and a mount if you race five times.

Um... can you tell I like the city festivals? :D
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Breanna like this.
  8. Geroblue Well-Known Member

Yes, I can tell.

Thanks for the info.
  9. Marae Well-Known Member

You're welcome. :)
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Geroblue like this.
  10. Geroblue Well-Known Member

Maj'Dul, Qeynos, Relic Tinker, Acoujhan toon has added decorations. Gaps in walkways filled, bits in alcoves, archway in one path, two genies standing guard, etc.
    Breanna and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.