RELEASE ROK ON TARINAX the server is DEAD

Discussion in 'PvP TLE Discussion' started by Toadyatheking, May 30, 2022.

1. Toadyatheking New Member

I re subb, had to make a few million IRL

THe sever is completely Dead....

It needs CPR ...

If you care about Tarinax Release ROK ASAP
    Sunlei likes this.
  2. Seth Well-Known Member

3. Sunlei Well-Known Member

Toady the dev said they will release soon after Varsoon starts. Tarinax is to slow, not enough logged on for regular raid on sunday :( Same pvp regulars play on Varsoon, come give Varsoon a try while we wait for Rok to drop. Find Sacred guild.
  4. Brutalis New Member

Tarinax was a ruff launch. Dont see a bright future for it. Varsoon was launched a lot better and has better progression with XP being even more challenging and being level 50 Cap with no AA. Perhaps future TLE PvP Server will be better. Maybe level Locking enabled for casual PvPers ( Casual players don't stand a chance against the hardcore raid guilds in Endgame. . Maybe level 50 Cap with AA, So people can AA grind and Maximize the content of every tier like when Nagafen Launched. . Make leveling and getting XP difficult so the content will be smooth.
  5. Kesim New Member

Did Tarinax not launch the same way originally with no expansions and no AA?
  6. Jerry123 New Member

Nope, Tarinax started with KoS expansion
    Sunlei likes this.
  7. Sunlei Well-Known Member

I think July 12 is release day. Still I think will be a very small population. People will logon for raid days/to level & new weapon. I hope I'm wrong, crowds logon soon- many Tarinax I know are active on Varsoon.

Come on Devs pvp needs new visions- a portal to Tarinax from other servers, batlefields, pvp zone only- armors/weapons/ clickies.........make set changing a strat for pvp.
  8. Kumodopvp New Member

You want to fix the PVP server, it should be free to play till lvl 50 . Day Breaks answer to everything is wipe PVE servers and start a new pve server, so these blue server people have something to do i guess. Day break is not good at keeping clients and active subscriptions. Part of that is a lack of talent and vision , the other part is the whining and crying of the clientele. They make it to hard they cry, make it to easy and they bash.
    NO TO BATTLE GROUNDS, take that bluebee stuff somewhere else, do your little BGs on blue servers.
    No portals, not fair to transfer a character you risked your life only fighting AI to come to a server where you can die camping your crap or get attacked going for a contested. I would say sure but you transfer with zero gear. Maybe a free title, 'i wasnt good enough to lvl here"
  9. Siren Well-Known Member

I understand your frustration, but the main reasons Tarinax died (aka "was killed dead by exploiters") right after launch had to do with lots of players running cheat programs, getting caught, then rage-quit plat-duping to the tune of billions of plat for revenge.

And of course all the locked twinks ganked and griefed new greens (killing them over and over at respawn points) ad nauseum, til all the newbies left.

Also, there was a month-long beta, so there was no excuse for those who realized mentoring could be exploited, and intentionally didn't report it (drop from a team of L10s back to their true capped level, then one-shot the entire opposing team, or "hide" capped characters in your team so new opposing players couldn't tell they were capped til they attacked them and got one-shotted).

Nobody who found the mentoring exploit during beta reported it (I saw many of them bragging about that afterward on Discord), hence a fix had to make its way through Q&A after launch.

Meanwhile, capped character AoEs splashed and killed lowbies across the landscapes and in dungeons over and over, even when the lowbies didn't attack the exploiters at all. I watched many capped characters literally standing glued beside new lowbies while doing this over and over. By the time the fixes got patched in, the new blood had all been ganked and griefed/killed ad nauseum til they all quit playing.

And that pathetic "well, they would've left anyway" is nonsense. Exploiters and griefers drive all other players away and kill every PvP server. Then the same exploiters and griefers then whine because there's no one to kill. I loved Nagafen, but even I have to admit it's not worth investing any more time in PvP in EQ2. Exploiters and griefers kill it dead every time.

Hilariously, peeps now on Varsoon are whining to add PvP to Varsoon! Hey fools, get back on your open PvP server and go kill that some more! Tarinax is still open now, even dead as a doornail. Go "play" there and quit mewing about adding PvP to anything!
  10. Kumodopvp New Member

All games have exploiters and hackers. Capped level locked toons are not illegal. Playing on any games pvp or rvr system is just that you can be killed at any time. People come to the pvp server and dont even try to make friends or join a guild much less get in discord and ask for help. There are instances and other areas to lvl and stay way.

Problem with pvp servers on any game
    1. crying because you got killed--you joined the game and paid--what did you think would happen
    2.exploiters--what games doesn't ?-- show me on the doll where it hurt you physically--deal with it
    3. im unable to do "insert something blue serverish here" because i got killed
    4. someone is camping me at the spawn point--camp dumb dumb-- the camp time is shorter than the immunity timer--psst for a reason
    5. you are a hater and no one really likes you in real life either and you feel the need to take it out on a make believe game--grow up
    6. would it comfort anyone to know my 11 year old daughter went from 1 to 60 by herself and never once said hey dad someone killed me and cried-- feeling manly now?
    7. its dead now because of varsoon- dont worry it will be back and will fill again and the forums will blow back up because someone wasnt as good as they think they are and go straight to the forum like a moth to a light, telling everyone not to play pvp because they got their feelings hurt lol
  11. Borbolin New Member

PVP players are locusts who don't know how to mind their own food source.

If PVP is so awesome, why are the Tarinax people not still on Tarinax PVPing? Ah right, no hapless players to gank.
    Tkia and Siren like this.
  12. Dude Well-Known Member

13. Sunlei Well-Known Member

No Siren I disagree, people didn't quit because of the cheaters (they were banned) its imo people don't like to die in pvp..even if its a game. Made even worse for some people when they forget and have money/loot in pockets. people get mugged and have zero chance. they quit.

I do think the devs should level the playing field quite a bit, everyone has full tracking/zones list everyone and all chats are global.

That way a new player can pay attention to who is in the zone or whos on track and have a chance to escape or prepare for attack.

What is good to see is the hype on Varsoon among the pvp players, many will be on Tarinax 7/12...ready to fight! join the fun!
  14. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

stop insulting my gankers, Borbolin, they kill my kind not you on your save server where you are nice and save.
    I am so tired of people complaining about servers they don't play on.
    Yes, people unfamiliar with PvP quite because they lost their stuff and coin, but that was at the beginning, and I met people who got over their startup problems and enjoyed their new Everquest home.
    The reason why it is practically dead on Tarinax right now is that people are bored of the same running instances
    over and over again.
    And making the Avatars almost unkillable does not help either.
    Sunlei and Breanna like this.
  15. Sunlei Well-Known Member

Early Sunday morning usa time there were many people out and about, some leveling, brisk broker sales, pvp action spotted 2 new guilds...good to see Tarinax come alive :)
  16. Sunlei Well-Known Member

People always say when the world ends there will still be roaches & rats...i believe that.

I know what you mean about some people saying "they are bored" of whatever of the same thing they do everyday.

I wish people would try all the different things the eq game offers,

It is possible to never be bored of this game.
  17. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

I am not the one bored on Tarinax, even so that I do miss being ganked sometimes, (not really), but I do miss pvp.
    My guild is still active, and we do raids. It's funny, because a lot of the opposing faction players, who want to play joined us, but only till we get the next expansion.
    And our guild will have an event for PvP (half of the people will betray and we will have a battle)
    Sunlei likes this.
  18. Sunlei Well-Known Member

I hear you. Actually I wish it was much more difficult to change factions & chats/character lists/zone lists & tracking were global. Let's hope those guild hoppers come back like they said, there hasn't been enough logging on to raid in months.
  19. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

Don't worry they will, or we all would get bored.
    I noticed a little more activity on the opposing side in the last days.
  20. Keldo Member

I'm not looking for a relationship, my server is DEAD :eek: and I just want to GRIND KUNARK FACTIONS.