Reign of Shadows Guide for Beginners (or Returning Players)

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Sigrdrifa, Dec 28, 2020.

1. Wulfgyr I've got friends in EQ2Wire places

Oh no, I read it. I even restarted all my wireless network devices and pinged San Diego first! :rolleyes:

There's no sense in trying to put lipstick on a pig, and pretend that current content is polished and ready for play. Just like with BoL, y'all will be beta testing for another couple of months, and fixes will be coming out for about another month or so after that. If someone wants to play for nostalgia's sake or enjoy older (more stable) content during that time, that's their choice and more power to 'em. But if they are looking for a more polished product, I stand by my recommendation to go do something else for a few months, and come back when it's in a more play-ready state.

Perhaps Dream could leverage your previous experience as a technical writer to push for an update of the game manual (even if only in on-line form)... but that would mean "giving too much power to the users" in the eyes of some parties. :D
    Soara2 likes this.
  2. Carynn Well-Known Member

Thank you for both answers. Now I know how to gear the toon prior to attempting to tackle the content.
    Soara2 likes this.
  3. Kvappe New Member

Where should you get Fervor upgrades at? still need to use my Epic2 for that extra 35ish Fervor to be able to get though most Solo dungeons.
    Soara2 likes this.
  4. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

There are a bunch of fervor adornments, many of which aren't common any more.

The ones most common now?
    • Celestial Rune of Embers (+35 Fervor) -- People still put together pick-up raids to try to get the Unmeltable Achievement for flawlessly defeating all raid encounters within Chaos Descending's Doomfire: The Molten Caldera [Raid].
    • Rune: Ragebourne Insight (+35 Fervor) -- Purchased in Fabled Kael Drakkel with Archivist's Tremissis, which you can earn doing tradeskill missions in Myrist, the Great Library., Anchorage tradeskill missions, CD PQs
    • Empyral Rune of Witness [VIII] (+20.1 Fervor, red rune) -- Available in Tishan's Lockbox in the Luclin Nexus. You have to pull the items into your inventory before you see the runes. I just buy one of everything (for 0 copper) then use Adornment Reclamation and pop the adorns off.
    It's also probably possible to transfer to the Isle of Refuge server, purchase the runes (embedded in weapons usually from what I hear), the transfer back.
    Soara2 likes this.
  5. Kvappe New Member

Thank you, i saw this somewhere, but could not find it :)
    Soara2 likes this.
  6. Bludd Well-Known Member

dont do soren in fabled kael
    do solusek eye the calling instead to get a better rune. its more fun and you wont potentially be stiffed if you are too far away from soren when he dies
    Soara2 likes this.
  7. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Regaining some blue stats
    I went back and made level 96 Incandescent white adorns. There are Incandescent adorns for +hate, +block, +DPS, +multi attack, +haste, and the ones I needed, +reuse and +casting speed.

You can find these on the broker, or find a crafter to make them for you.
    Soara2 likes this.
  8. Sephris Member

Is it possible to Solo Soren the Vindicator these days assuming you go through the effort to get access?
    Soara2 likes this.
  9. Dancingfirefly Member

This post made a huge difference in my ability to enjoy the expansion. Thank you for the informative suggestions here.
    Soara2 and Sigrdrifa like this.
  10. jaxus New Member

Just returned today and This post is great. Just wondering if there's an update to this guide on killing mobs in signature quest much easier?
    Any new way to get better gears for the last 6 months since the launch of ROS?
    Soara2 and Sigrdrifa like this.
  11. Taolas New Member

For raising my overall hit points what is better: Acrylia Barding of Bolstering (+61 max health) or Barding of Health 429K Health. Second one appears way larger but what is the difference in boosting Health and Max Health, and which should I make, or a mixture of the two?
    Soara2 likes this.
  12. Taolas New Member

[quote="
    But I Need More Potency! (Or HP)
    Speak to the recipe salesman in your guildhall, or the Status Merchant in The Bazaar (this way is more expansive!), and purchase the Acrylia Bardings Recipes, and then check the Acrylia Adornments Recipe books and get the ones that you will need, and make yourself new stuff. The Bardings of Health and Bardings of Potency are MUCH better than BoL versions, so boost your POT and HP that way as needed."

I can make the Bardings.
    For raising my overall hit points what is better: Acrylia Barding of Bolstering (+61 max health) or Barding of Health 429K Health? The later one obviously appears larger, and a quick test shows the 429K seems to boost a bit more more when I switch em out. So what is the difference in boosting Health and Max Health, and which should I make, or a mixture of the two? TIA
    Soara2 likes this.
  13. Cisteros Active Member

I can't give you the math behind the calculations, but by having no mount gear equipped then adding one of each, checking my hp then removing it and repeating for the other, the bardings that add ###,### health are always better than the ones that say they increase health by ##% of the same tier. when I was at the point where I had to use them to boost my health I used all ###,### hp ones
    Soara2 and Xianthia like this.
  14. girney Active Member

Celestial Rune: Warlord's Puissance. where do i purchase this item. i have completed the final meta collection quest in fabled guk but cant find info on who sells it