Reign of Levels: 120 boost - claim item reward

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, FAQs, and New Player Discussion' started by Tizeck, Aug 22, 2021.

1. Tizeck New Member

I am a ftp player trying the game out for the first time. I saw that the L100 boosted toon from the character select screen doesn't allow you to trade, mentor or use a shared bank, which obviously makes it useless for gathering stuff for other toons. I now have, as the title says, a L120 boost as a claim reward but this seems weird. Ftp is limited to L100. I don't want to boost my 2nd toon and find it unplayable. But a L120 toon could safely gather mats for my L30-39 crafting, where my L25 inquis just gets his face pasted over the hillside, repeatedly...

So the question for the forums is does anyone know if this is 'safe' to use for a ftp player?
  2. Dude Well-Known Member

F2P isn't limited to 100. Everyone, F2P and All-Access, gets up to AoM and level 100 without purchasing anything. If you purchase the most recent expansion, no matter your subscription status, you will be able to use the level 120 boost.
    Hartsmith and Breanna like this.
  3. Taled Well-Known Member

From what I understand, the 'L120 boost' will boost you to your current maximum level, whether you have BoL/RoS for the L120 and masters or not.

That said, it'd probably be a lot wiser to buy RoS (Or wait a couple months and pre-order the new expac) and then use it.
  4. Hartsmith Well-Known Member

Even if you /claim it before you buy RoS, you won't be able to use it until you do buy RoS. :(
  5. Tizeck New Member

Thank you for the replies, I will give the L120 boost a miss for the time being.
    As for the L100 ftp limit, I was going from the wiki information ([COLOR=var(--text-link)]https://eq2.fandom.com/wiki/Free-To-Play[/COLOR]), as trying to find succinct and straightforward information on a developers site can be difficult - going from experience - I've played DDO, WoW and FFXIV (briefly) and looked at other games, usually the wikis with user comments are the best info)
    Hartsmith likes this.
  6. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

a tip to how your test toon can gather for you is , get a harvest depot and allow your test toon access to your house , they can deposit things in to a depot .
    Breanna likes this.
  7. Chikkin Well-Known Member

I have a feeling you mean here that you made a free trial heroic level 100 character on initial character selection window. If that's the case you wont be able to progress past 100 at all, until you pay DB cash to unlock this heroic character..

If that's not the case, and you made a level 1 character and then boosted it somehow to level 100 then you should be unlocked and good to go as soon as your account can level to 120 ( meaning you have purchased Blood of Luclin expansion 2 years ago, or Reign of Shadows expansion from last year)
    Hartsmith likes this.
  8. Chikkin Well-Known Member

that is NOT the case, he still needs his account flagged for BoL or RoS to be able to use the boost
  9. Taled Well-Known Member

Apologies if it isn't working pre-BoL; I've seen a number of complaints that the baubles 'only' boosted people to 100/110 without the expansion, but maybe they were incorrect as well.

I don't have an account pre-BoL to test it with unfortunately.
  10. Tizeck New Member

Sorry for the confusion, I didn't make a L100. I looked at the option of the free trial heroic level 100 toon and saw the restrictions, so didn't bother.
    I then created a new L1 shadowknight character and while slowly leveling that one, I saw that in my claim items I had an offer of a L120 boost.
    I was just checking on the forums whether it would have issues boosting to L120. I have zero expansions (other than what comes with the free to play trial), so from the information above, this would be a problem and so I have carried on slowly leveling the shadowknight. It will always slowly level as it will only solo - I don't run in PuGs unless the game forces you to, and then its time to stop playing that game.
    My healer will carry on running once a week in our static group.
  11. Trilly Active Member

It will not work for you then. You need to have an All Access account. And as far as solo'ing a SK. It should go well. I solo'd mine to 120 without PUG or help. SK are very very self sufficient and have awesome capabilities. Take a good look at your AAs and have fun!
  12. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

you should never ever boost any toon to such a high level if you don't know how to play them in any case .

what's the rush anyway save that bauble till you got some money to buy the expansion , I suggest you do that when it goes on sale at the end of the year .
    Breanna likes this.
  13. Hartsmith Well-Known Member

That's the problem with being an alt'aholic. Never enough time spent on any one character to really learn all the nuances.

The rush is due to needing at least one character to harvest the higher level areas in order to craft the gear (back when it was better crafted). I leveled up my beastlord to level 95 (pre-mercs) because I needed the pet to distract any mobs that would attack me. But you are correct. Even though I purchased access to the BL class back shortly after when Velious was released, I still to this day have not learned much about how to play a BL.

I'd like to reiterate that it is impossible to use the RoS Level 120 bauble if you have not purchased RoS. This is true even if you are subbed and are an owner of Blood of Luclin. It is unlikely that it will matter if your account is All Access or not after you've purchased, since I've used baubles released with previous expansions unsubbed.

While I don't know if anyone had managed to use it without having RoS right after that bauble appeared erroneously in our /claim window (which would make sense that it would have to fail to boost too 120), I am 100% certain that it currently won't do anything beyond telling you you need the newest expansion before you can use it.
    Breanna and Schmetterling like this.