Reguarding recent berserker changes... again

Discussion in 'Berserker' started by ARCHIVED-Eukatae, Jan 13, 2005.

1. ARCHIVED-Eukatae Guest

When I read Moogard's recent statement that berserkers where meant to fall behind monks I couldn’t help but wonder why then do monks tank better than berserkers. This short coming needs to be rectified, I would prefer our dps be greatly improved, that’s the class I signed up to play, as did just about every other berserker out there.

Maybe you should throw your vision out the window and make us equals to monks and bruisers; I really don't care what was meant to be or intended to be, I just want to play a character that’s as goods as every other in my own way. Might I suggest you make monks better at single target dps and berserkers better at AoE dps, as was the case before you destroyed rampage and blood rage.

I also wondered why no one bothered to tell me this clap trap about monks being better dps in beta, or public release, when I bought the class description and thought it would be a fun class to play. When I read the class description for berserkers I interpreted it to mean this, maybe others here gleaned the same notion: medium heavy armor, it said no vanguard armor for berserkers, high dps. Just the sort of class I wanted to play, much like a monk but using mitigation rather than avoidance, and a couple axes rather than staffs or fists.

You ruined my dream class and made it a nightmare. Like many other people feel you have robbed berserkers of everything that made them unique and placed them nicely at the bottom of the melee classes as far as their desirability in groups.

While I'm at it rampage is broken, I have heard not a word about it being fixed, I’m not talking about the 1 hour reuse, which is just insane, I' talking about it breaking instantly upon use.

I would like to thank all those who took the time to read this, even those who disagree.

PS before everyone piles on about their own observations about the tanking abilities of monks, let me just state that this is has been my experience as a lv 50 berserker grouping often with a lv 50 monk.