Regarding level 100+ ability upgrades

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Cirvandal, Aug 17, 2017.

1. Cirvandal Active Member

Hey all,

From what I have heard is that the level cap is being raised to level 110, that there will be more ascensions and that class specific abilities will get merged together so that there won't be too many abilities to cast.

My concern is that I am afraid that I will be demotivated to play this game if these abilities level the same as ascension abilities do in KA, from apprentice all the way to grandmaster with an insanely low drop rate on the upgrades. This pretty much pay to win or pay to compete was very bad during the KA expansion. If it returns, I am sure many more will quit the game.

Can we get any word on this? Leveling abilities from apprentice to grandmaster with one upgrade at a time is (obviously) acceptable if the drop rates are fair, having to pay a few hundred USD is not.
  2. Scrappyz Well-Known Member

Devs stated, I believe it was in the AMAs, that spell upgrades next expac will indeed follow the ascension model of needing each tier in order
  3. Uncle Active Member

actually the dev's stated it would be like any other ca/spell and if you get a adept to drop you can scribe it on the spot. casue that was one of my main concerns..

the skyfire ama that i asked about that can be found on eq2wire.com
  4. Cirvandal Active Member

And what about the drop rates of those scrolls? Any word?
  5. Uncle Active Member

they didnt go farther into that have to wait and see in beta whenever that happens