Regarding Flying Wings appearance

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, FAQs, and New Player Discussion' started by a_shrubbery, Jul 21, 2022.

1. a_shrubbery Active Member

Could someone confirm that you don't have to see the wings all the time?

I assume they work just like a flying mount, ie.if I turn off the mount, do the wings disappear ?

I'm tempted to buy the Flying Wings as I'm not a fan of most flying mounts in general - they're really big for my Halfling - .. but I also don't want to see those wings on my character 100% of the time.
  2. a_shrubbery Active Member

Does anyone have videos of these? The old tailer really doesn't show much. For 20 € I'd like to see what I'm buying...

I'm especially curious how it looks on a Fae as I enjoy shapeshifting with Clarissa's Content Countenance (Fae illusion item) for example.
  3. Daryx Well-Known Member

I tested two of the wings with mounts turned off, frostfell storm wings (which you can buy for Frozen Token of E'ci during Frostfell if you want to wait) and radiant nightmare wings, and they both disappeared when I was on the ground.

There are a number of flying mounts you can get in-game without using the marketplace, especially during the live holiday events. Another one is the Carpet of the Desert Sun during Hero's Festival, which is a reward for one of the collections (Desert of Ro).
    Twyla and Rosyposy like this.
  4. a_shrubbery Active Member

Hmmm... ok they disappear when you're on the ground, but you (presumably) set "Render Mounts" to "Never show"?

I don't like hiding other people's appearance or mounts.

I am hoping I can simply "unmount" to take the wings off... at least that sounds logical - I'm just concerned that they behave like a special item like those bags that do show on the character and even if you "unmount" that they would keep showing.

But I guess I'll find out...
  5. Twyla Well-Known Member

I have a fae toon. As a lark I put some wings on her. They do change the fae wing appearance. Unfortunately, I don't have any videos of this.
    Daryx likes this.
  6. EnvironmentalHazard New Member

I found a set of radiant nightmare wings in /claim, and they do disappear when you dismount.
  7. Jesaine Well-Known Member

I have a pair of the flying wings on one of my characters and can confirm they'll disappear and reappear like a normal mount, per whatever your settings are in that regard.