Refugee island house spotted on beta! ^_^

Discussion in 'Norrathian Homeshow' started by Griffon Lady, Oct 10, 2014.

1. Quiarrah Well-Known Member

My plans for the house are as follows:

The battlements are going to be like a Historical Recretion (you have all seen groups I am sure that recreate the middle ages or WW1 or 2 . . .).

Below the tower in the front (the basement) is going to be a private dinning area and wine cellar. The 2 little alcoves in there are going to be curtained off dining areas.
    The upper part of the tower may be something like a salon or bar (not decided yet).

The cave . . . .not sure about the cave yet but I will deal with that when I get it.

I do wish the TREEHOUSE were usable. (PLEASE Devs????)

The trail is going to be somesort of "historical walking trail or riding trail . . .The Isle of Refuge Historical Trail".

As for the building in the front that we never could get in . . . I will have a sign on it saying "Housekeeping ONLY".

The building on the other side on the beach will be where you can "rent" fishing boats or YAHTS and water breathing potions so you can visit the treasures underwater.

So for those of you who want the battlements gone . . . I say to the Devs. . .NO please do not remove them. It is NOT the ISLE OF REFUGE if you listen to these naysayers!!
    I have plans for it already. . . DON'T MAKE ME HAVE TO BUILD MY OWN BATTLEMENTS OR BUY THEM FROM SC IF THEY WERE ALREDY MEANT TO BE THERE!!!
  2. Quiarrah Well-Known Member

OH yes . . ..the light house too!! I don't care if thats SC . . . I will also be getting SC at that time so I can decorate it!

Shall we have a race and see who can get it published first?
  3. floofloobunny Active Member

If you can walk up the ramp and not go through the wall into "nothingness" then the polygons seem like they are already in place. The inside would just be missing the floor and any items that were placed in there before.

If they just make the door functional, Id bet you the room inside has enough polygons to at least allow the interior wall and floor, so as not to be too overbearing with the poly count. When they start adding in the furniture and other things inside then I san see it going up but they can make it a blank room so we can decorate it how we want..
  4. Cuteypie Member

Hello individuals, I know I am one who has been DYING for this house, so I want my voice in here too.

I for one am torn. I want a blanker slate to exert my full creative faculties on, but I too remember the Isle and enjoy NOSTALGIA RUNS AHHHHH (must be said like that Every. Time.). I would like both to be available as the reward. Like choose which you want. I mean come on, all the vet houses are one per character and this would be no exception. If you want the nostalgic Isle, get it on your main. If you want the blank slate too, get it on an alt! Problem solved!

But now to my questions/requests. Is there a weather modifier for the Isle? To cause rain/storms? That would complete my life! And I will echo the desire to open the treehouse. I have good memories there ;-) I also want to say that it is highly unlikely for us to get that missing section. The zone would get too massive. We only have so much of an item count, eventually it would get too big for us to decorate fully and I really don't want to block off parts of the island! I also want the lighthouse PLEAAASEEEEE

And I am still always crossing my fingers for city suburb homes (/cries for Scale Yard and Stonestair Byway and Nettleville HOLLOW and and... *sniff*)
  5. Cerinthe New Member

Despite the fact that decorating and house making is what I do most in the game these days, what I want for this Isle is to be as close as feasible to what I found when I stepped off that boat and started bashing crabs, in EverQuest II day one, on a server that is long gone.
    I'll happily buy another empty one to thoroughly decorate if it shows up later but the vet award, I think, should be the full "this is the world that was".

Cerinthe of Oasis
  6. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Amen!

Now if we could only get the suburbs as prestige areas... ;->

Uwk
    thinking hard about slipping a T-port Pad "under the door" of the treehouse (that way, it doesn't matter if the door doesn't work) and seeing what break-out possibilities are there... ;->
    Griffon Lady and floofloobunny like this.
  7. mouser Well-Known Member

I think I see what the problem is with the treehouse... If you look closely at the acorns in Kelethin or the houses in Gorowyn you can tell that the walls aren't really a circle, they're made of fairly large straight sides. This is nice when you're putting a bookcase by the wall as you won't have a weird round 'gap' behind it.

The treehouse is simply too small. If you're wondering why they can show the outside, that's rendered with a different technique. You can see it easily in Fright Manor if you drop a teleport pad through the floor and probably any other 'breakout' place - you can see 'through' the walls from the inside. They don't exist as actual objects in the game world.

That all being said, I'd love it if they come up with a way to do it, but at this point I think what we see is what we're going to get. There's loads of other graphical stuff I've /feedback and /bug'd in the beta that I would put at a much higher priority than the tree house. I wouldn't want to try to set the over/under on whether or not they'll all be fixed by launch date or if we'll see a big patch a week or two into the game. Actually, I'm sure we'll see a big patch a couple weeks in as the full population will always reveal some bugs that the beta players missed...
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  8. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Wouldn't have nearly so many issues if they let Public Test server take a whack at it, too... ;->

Uwk
    who sees your point about the treehouse...how do we get into Beta again...? ;->

EDIT: nvm, got it! ;->

EDIT OF THE EDIT: okay, just got done touring, and perhaps it's just as well I don't remember all the details from the old days (I ran over a dozen characters through there before they took it from us, and it's all blurring), since I don't remember everything that's "missing" (though the lighthouse light by itself is a little weird, I must admit). Based on what's there, it looks just about exactly like the inhabitants, Good and Evil NPCs, had just stepped out for a bit and will be right back. It's wonderful! Looks quite "lived in," but there's also room for building! A lot of the water is too shallow to really be appreciated, but the ocean surrounding it can be swum in, so I have no doubt that if I wasn't under the influence of Hadden's Earring, I might run the risk of drowning! :D

All in all, it was great! And even I can see where I might be able to "help out" the treehouse interior... ;->
    Griffon Lady and Loredena like this.
  9. Dannnni Active Member

In the beginning..... there was the island....

however... now we can fly in it... and they rendered the graphics so much more detailed... it is quite beautiful. And it will be challenging to decorate...

Challenge Accepted!

After I finish my Fright Manor ;)
  10. Griffon Lady Well-Known Member

AWwww... I was going to go get screenshots from Darathar's instance, but the tree house there is closed, and so are most of the gates. I forgot about that. :\ The one in the new adventuring zones is open though, if you haven't already checked that out. It's really a nice little tree house. ^_^

And I totally agree. Having the xpac as bug free as possible is a much better idea. There are still people who can't even zone in, last I heard. But maybe they hadn't tested it since the "32 bit bug" patch?
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  11. pumancat Well-Known Member

So how's that Exact Replica working for ya?
    1/3 of the island missing
    Very few spots to try and build a house
    Long path to run with no room
    Only ONE per account, and that's all I plan on doing.
    hate me if you'd like, but I haven't seen anything about it worth the effort yet.
  12. Griffon Lady Well-Known Member

Yup. Windstalker was just blowing smoke up my skirt apparently. :\
    Thanks for rubbing it in pumancat. But hey, at least I tried to help instead of showing people an example of how to be unsavory.
    BTW, TONS of room to build if you bother rising up a bit. The tops of what used to block us in are now big grassy areas. Or be a little creative and build from the sand in the water up. A foundation or stilts, depending on if you want a castle or fishing huts.. but that gets us right back to "Why are you so stuck on the idea of a barren Refugee island veteran reward if it's not going to BE refugee island when you are done with it?" But I suppose you'll ignore that.