Red Shiny questions

Discussion in 'Tradeskill Discussion' started by ARCHIVED-Deggials, Jun 6, 2008.

1. ARCHIVED-acctlc Guest

Jesdyr@Unrest wrote:
    Do we have one of these yet? I really don't want to comb through this thread to find out if I know all the locations yet :D
  2. ARCHIVED-Ohiv Guest

Arieva@Oasis wrote:
    In another thread in this forum, there is a post of where to find the red shines (title states about the zones) a bit deeper in that thread (it's a one page thread) it lists out the "loops" you can do to find the shines. ANyways there are 4 zones to find the shines in, steamfont, looping plains, barron of the sky (awaking island and whisperwind island), and fens (by bathazid).
    edit: I made a link to the thread for your/others convience.
  3. ARCHIVED-acctlc Guest

Ohiv wrote:
    Thanks very much!
  4. ARCHIVED-Troubor Guest

Completly changing my reply here. What I think it boils down to is I don't see an issue with how they handled red shinies, nor do I see any need to change it. I do honestly see it as a move toward an "easy mode" to make it easier to gather them. Nor do I see any problem with how one goes about getting the ability to do blue shinies, since that requires a sacrifice of sorts too, just a different nature. Red shiney..must do crafting epic. Blue shiney, must be willing to put off a good 20 or so collections and use one item from each one to finish the goggle collections instead. Both can be had on the broker, and red shineys without checking and just going by comments here are going down in price. I respect that someone else may disagree, but I will be blunt in saying I haven't seen an arguement to convince me I am wrong in how I feel.
  5. ARCHIVED-Qandor Guest

Artemiz@The Bazaar wrote:
    Well it was obvious from the get go that the whole development of RoK as far as shinies were concerned was rather slipshod and ill conceived. We have the goggle issue you mention. We have the pet intorduced with a food requirement of only one fertilizer item which was poised to send all shinies of all tiers to a value of about 2 copper until they changed it to one of each fertilizer. It still has had a rather bad impact on shinies overall. Instead of having pro shiny hunters who used their time to scour the lands for shinies to sell we now have pro pet feeders who sit in their house and stuff fertilizer down the pets throat by the 100's. The pet was and still is, to a lesser extent, spitting out collection rewards as well. At launch they were even spitting out collection goggles. They also were spitting out collection pieces for collections that were never in the game or had long since been removed from the game. They were even spitting out pieces that looked like collectibles but were in fact not collectibles at all. I still have some in fact.
    Then of course, we have the final bit of nonsense, making RoK blue shinies lore which still to this day has never been explained. Perhaps the most annoying mechanic ever but thought of so highly in the halls of SOE that they also made the red shinies lore as well. What exactly does the lore requirement on these shinies accomplish? Stop farming? Not hardly. Undoubtedly less people farmed but those who still lived with the annoying mechanic made more money than ever. Net result for the shiny consummer was far higher prices and even less availablity.
    One of the most successful and popular innovations of EQ2 was the introduction of shinies. It worked extremely well for 3 years but par for the course they just had to fix it. Whats next? We going to make shinies no trade?
  6. ARCHIVED-SilkenKidden Guest

Qandor wrote:
    I'm very satisfied with the implementation of both red and blue shiny ROK collections. I still love a shiny. I'm happy that group loot was introduced for them too. Guess that counts as part of the implementation.
  7. ARCHIVED-janmystique Guest

Overall, I have been happy with the various shinies in the game. However, I am not happy to discover that RoK goggles will see EoF blue shinies. Was it in the update notes? If so, I missed that bit!
    Since the introduction of RoK, I have completed the EoF goggles collection for one of my alts and followed this up with the RoK one. Now I find, and have tested this out last night, that I could have saved my many plat or put the collectables in to a number of collections and got extra XP.
    On the point of the pet feeding, my level 80 got a box of butterflies the other week! Now what am I supposed to do with that? Fortunately, Fortunately, I never buy the stuff to feed it but only use what I find.
  8. ARCHIVED-Dalannae Guest

Apsenniel@Splitpaw wrote:
    Theirs a pet that finishes collections?
  9. ARCHIVED-JesDer Guest

They have been able to see Both since RoK release. I posted screenshots of this a week or two after RoK ;)
  10. ARCHIVED-Elorah Guest

Alenna@Guk wrote:
    RoK preorder came with a Pet Burynai. It east the same items that the carnivorous plant eats, but it finds in the bones a shiny. It can be any shiny that matches the quality of the food it eats...

It has been known to give out Lost Soul's Boxes or butterflies (which stink as they are no trade)...
  11. ARCHIVED-Zehl_Ice-Fire Guest

Cool, I didn't know that RoK is retroactive, but it doesn't matter since I've only finished rok goggles on one and have no plans on others. She is the same one I was going to finish EoF goggles on but first day of rok she got them from the burynai so for now leaving that one undone.

It happens with the burynai, it is a random of ANY collection item or reward in game. I got the scrolls a few times, the rewards for the coin quests (all long done). But I was happy to get my EoF goggles. Sucked that she was the closest of my toons to finishing it, figures. Oh well.
  12. ARCHIVED-Dalannae Guest

Elorah wrote:
    would it be a Claim item?
  13. ARCHIVED-JesDer Guest

Zehl_Ice-Fire wrote:
    This should not happen anymore. They should only give out the items used for collections. This happened when they were change to need all three items where before they only used one item at a time.

You no longer get those useless old collections that (teeth) that do nothing anymore.
  14. ARCHIVED-JesDer Guest

Alenna@Guk wrote:
    Yes .. it is the RoK preorder claim item.

Even if you can't get one, you can use someone else's (I think all you need is visitor access).
  15. ARCHIVED-Elorah Guest

Jesdyr@Unrest wrote:
    Yes, it is a claim item.. Only available if you preordered the RoK expansion.

You should be able to use someone elses though. I am not sure if you need trustee access or not though.
  16. ARCHIVED-Dalannae Guest

Elorah wrote:
    Cool, I'll have to check if my Brother gave me his pre ordered box when he gave me the ROK box. my Main might have some fun.

I'll check to see how it works by making all my alts trustees.
  17. ARCHIVED-Elorah Guest

Alenna@Guk wrote:
    I know that Trustee definitely works. Not sure if it is necessary though is what I meant.
  18. ARCHIVED-Valdaglerion Guest

This struck me as interesting - I have now finished the 4 known red shiny collections and not a one of the items has any rent status or coin status reduction. I just found this odd since the expert collection blue shinies for housing items do. Was this intended?
    Another interesting note - the drink you can obtain from the bar shelf is No-Zone, why would you need a short duration drink in your house? Just curious?
    The piano is spendid - love that it is a little smaller than the MMC one and actually plays music. Anyone know the settings in options to increase the volume on the piano though, been playing around with it and cant seem to get those tunes to play without being overridden by the zone music (ie, can zone music be diminished and piano music be increased?)
    Many thanks~
  19. ARCHIVED-janmystique Guest

I can't hear my piano either despite being able to hear the Frostfell Snow Globes when played. Any help would be appreciated.
  20. ARCHIVED-Rbrian14 Guest

If memory serves weren't the Blue shiny rewards for EoF the same - just eye-candy, no status, etc? It was with RoK that the Blue shinies rewards because "useful".
    As for the no-zone drink - you can always drink it in your house, and then run out into the world, taking full advantage of the drink until it expires. Basically, it means that you get free drink when you stop by your house, but if you're on the road, you'll have to buy it/have it with you, as normal.