Red Shiny questions

Discussion in 'Tradeskill Discussion' started by ARCHIVED-Deggials, Jun 6, 2008.

1. ARCHIVED-Noaani Guest

valkry wrote:
    Says who?
    All the shiny new toys are put in the end game. Always have been, always will be.
  2. ARCHIVED-Ohiv Guest

Noaani wrote:
    Oh please, valkry is a forum gnome!! lol the sig is soo appropriate right now. Although I do agree, that 9times out of 10 new items are put in for end game stuff cause frankly leveling is assumed to have be done by the majorty of folks already and new items are geared towards where the majority of folks are.
    Note: when I say end game I mean max level, I don't mean the last bit's of raiding which can also be refered to as end game.
  3. ARCHIVED-Noaani Guest

Deggials wrote:
    Sorry, I missed the part that had the discription of where the current implmentation was unfair, could you direct me to that please.
  4. ARCHIVED-janmystique Guest

It make sense to add stuff on to the current end game to progress things. And after all, todays "end game" will become old news in the not too distant future.
  5. ARCHIVED-Ohiv Guest

OMG nm, just as i posted it I saw a shiney.
  6. ARCHIVED-Ebonshadow Guest

Just unlucky Ohiv... I have gone on to get full extra sets after completing a set. I've done all four now, and am still seeing the red shinies.
    Incidentally, to those who seem to think this is unfair, I still haven't been able to get either of the expert recognition collections done, and I'm 71 adv/80 crafter. Yet I have done the tradeskill epic and got these. Besides, you can by the collection pieces off the broker, given a couple weeks, they'll be available fairly cheaply (since they're not anywhere near as rare as the expert recognition collection items).
    I will also say that I personally know at least 10 characters who did the tradeskill epic starting at level 1 adventurer. (granted the disco XP alone got them to almost level 10 adv).
  7. ARCHIVED-Troubor Guest

Deggials wrote, I reply within what I quoted in red:
  8. ARCHIVED-Lodrelhai Guest

Deggials wrote:
    Ah, so for some reason or another, you have opted to level-lock yourself at lvl 14 adventurer, and do not want to be level 15.

Let us ignore, for the moment, the fact that the playstyle choice of a single individual is never a reason to adjust game mechanics unless it involves blocking an exploit. Let us ignore the fact that level-locking yourself actually runs contrary to the general purpose of game mechanics, which is to allow characters to progress through the content. Let us say, for argument's sake, that some other threshhold for seeing the red shinies was activated, be it crafter level or other quest completed or any other means which might be suggested.

How were you expecting to harvest the shinies in Fens, Steamfont, LFay, and Barren Sky without levelling of the disco xp?
  9. ARCHIVED-GrandmaC Guest

Everyone, quit whining. Its all the whining that has made things way too easy in this game. Everyone deserves to get something special for whatever they chose to make important to them in this game. Some of us chose tradeskilling, some didn't.
    Complaining that you can't get these shinys because you aren't a master craftsperson is like complaining that my Defiler can't get and use the epic weapon for the Berzerker.
    Gimme a break!
  10. ARCHIVED-KindredHeart Guest

Wow this thread is insane. I absolutely can't believe the number of people who are complaining at all about anything having to do with tradeskills. Domino I've been playing the game since launch, and in all that time you have been the saving grace of tradeskills in this game...so thank you.
    As for the new shinys....I love compulsively picking things up. Can we have purple shinys next please...I have no idea what they'd be tied to...but never enough shinys in Norrath. ;)
  11. ARCHIVED-JesDer Guest

These will end up cheap on the broker very soon. Spawn rates are high and there tends to be a large number in a small area. The time it takes to find a complete set is very low and farming these on demand will be easy.

I think this was implemented very well.

And nice fix to the Lore workaround ;)
  12. ARCHIVED-Britefire Guest

as a level 34 crafter and 32 adventturer, could i see them?
  13. ARCHIVED-JesDer Guest

Twwig@Oasis wrote:
    No .. but you can buy them :p
  14. ARCHIVED-janmystique Guest

Twwig@Oasis wrote:
    Not at the moment. You need to be a level 80 crafter who has done the epic ts quest and got "the earring". Doesn't matter what level adventurer you are.
  15. ARCHIVED-Krystara Guest

Twwig@Oasis wrote:
    No, you can't see them yet Twwig. You have to have completed your epic tradeskill quest and be wearing the Solstice Earring in order to see the shinies. Now as a level 80 crafter (with earring), level 32 adventure - yes you would see them.
    editted to add: ack you all type fast.
  16. ARCHIVED-SilkenKidden Guest

Jesdyr@Unrest wrote:
    I have a few on the broker now at 1P each. I expect that the price has dropped to 1G by now. However, I'm not dropping my price. I'll give the shinies away to friends and guildies, but I'm not going to give them away to strangers for less than 1P no matter how much it drops. Actually, I think of them as a tradeskilling reward. I'm the tradeskiller.
  17. ARCHIVED-Troubor Guest

Silken@Butcherblock wrote:
    What does that really accomplish? You just end up with salescrate slots filled with items that will sit and probably never sell all in the name of...pride I guess? I'm not trying to flame here, but I guess I just don't see any point at all to what you're doing to be honest. I'm proud of the fact that I finished the crafting epic, but that doesn't mean if I have extra red shinies and friends/guildmates don't want them, that I won't let strangers have them for free or a trivial amount.
    Anyway, to each their own I guess.
  18. ARCHIVED-Lodrelhai Guest

Troubor wrote:
    Our guild has one person who lists all collectibles on the broker for insane prices. Purpose is so anyone in the guild can look up this person's store on the broker, and if they see an item for sale that they need they can send an email asking for it. (We also send extra collectibles to this person for guild use.) Occasionally one will sell even at the outrageous price, in which case the money goes into the guild funds.

So I'd hazard a guess that the purpose is to make them readily available to the friends/guildies he is willing to give them to.
  19. ARCHIVED-Troubor Guest

Lodrelhai wrote:
    I suppose, and I know we're sitting here guessing his motives behind his back so to speak, but I didn't take his post to mean that to be honest. What I took it to mean is "Oh, I think they are worth 1 plat even if the market price goes to 1 gold, so I'm leaving the price there, hell or high water.". 1 plat IMO isn't high enough to be an outrageous price, it's more of a "okay, if the first 10 or 20 listings at 1 gold sell, and then someone wants mine, they get to pay the 1 plat, period". price. But I could be very wrong in his guess, and something more like your guild situation with the shinies could be in effect.

Anyway, not too big of a deal either way. :)
  20. ARCHIVED-SilkenKidden Guest

Lodrelhai wrote:
    What an excellent idea. I'll put all my collectibles on sale for high prices and let the guild know they can get them as gifts. I'll lower the prices on the ones no one wants, except for the red shiny pieces, of course:)