Red Shiny questions

Discussion in 'Tradeskill Discussion' started by ARCHIVED-Deggials, Jun 6, 2008.

1. ARCHIVED-Kitsune286 Guest

DominoDev wrote:
    ;)
  2. ARCHIVED-Nebbie Guest

DominoDev wrote:
    Do you know WHY the lore tag was put into place on the blue shinies? I'm just curious what Lore on shinies is "supposed" to accomplish, other than annoying me =\
  3. ARCHIVED-JesDer Guest

Hey wait ..

Did they change RoK blue collection rewards to no-trade ??

This is a screen taken early on before the Lore tag was added to the collection items themself. I am not home so I cannot check if the house items have no-trade on them currently.
  4. ARCHIVED-JesDer Guest

Nebbie wrote:
    Limits the ability to farm said shiney. You still can farm and sell, but it is much more of a pain now.
  5. ARCHIVED-Nebbie Guest

Jesdyr@Unrest wrote:
    Okay, but why does SoE want the ability to farm blue/red shinies limited?
    If they wanted to prevent them from being a money making tool for farmers then they failed... instead of just one particular rare in a collection being listed for outrageous prices, all of them are listed for outrageous prices.
    I like to farm shinies, not for selling... but to help complete collections for my alts, guildies and friends. Completed shiny collections are aa, xp and loot (and a little OCD that I get with uncompleted collections, hehe).
  6. ARCHIVED-SilkenKidden Guest

DominoDev wrote:
    I logged in this morning during an update to see if GU46 was coming. I saw a message that it was coming next week? Was that an old message from last week? Is it here today? OMG. Did I miss it already
  7. ARCHIVED-Zehl_Ice-Fire Guest

DominoDev wrote:
    Unrest server, 80 adv 80 tser, with earring equipped. I spent my lunch hour scouring most the islands, tons of normal shinys, the 3 princes, no reds. I guess I will have to try after work.. but i was the only one in zone and zilch. Is there just one area? Are they all over zone? What more can I do to find them than make a round on every island. I even tried a gnomish divining rod.
  8. ARCHIVED-Calthine Guest

Silken@Butcherblock wrote:
    It's today :) http://eq2.allakhazam.com/sdetail.html?story=13852
  9. ARCHIVED-janmystique Guest

DominoDev wrote:
    Not on European Servers until tomorrow morning I understand. No world discoveries INC. Bit disheartening.
  10. ARCHIVED-Zehl_Ice-Fire Guest

Calthine wrote:
    Yeah knew the GU was today just wondered if red shinys were postponed. Still poking around barren sky from my office (Via remote access progam which isn't easy lol) and none found.
  11. ARCHIVED-Atani Guest

I just finished the Barren Sky collection (on AB) and am a proud owner of a piano now :)

i.e. yes they went live
  12. ARCHIVED-Zehl_Ice-Fire Guest

Mariss@Nektulos wrote:
    Why would anyone use them if not to find ?. What node is that hard to find that anyone would waste the gold to make or buy these?
  13. ARCHIVED-JesDer Guest

Zehl_Ice-Fire wrote:
    I use to use them to find some hard to see quest collection nodes. However with some creative settings files, that isnt needed anymore.
  14. ARCHIVED-Qandor Guest

Nebbie wrote:
    Absolutely agree. Whatever they intended to happen in making RoK blue shinies lore didn't happen. It has driven prices higher than ever and limited the amount folks who are willing to go hunt them. What was so special about RoK blue shinies compared to say EoF blue shinies anyway? They had a perfectly functional shiny system for over 3 years. No one had a problem with it. Of course, if it is working it absolutely has to be fixed.
  15. ARCHIVED-Calthine Guest

Zehl_Ice-Fire wrote:
    Domino says she got some today :)
  16. ARCHIVED-Zehl_Ice-Fire Guest

K I can stop whining :) I found some when I got home from work. In the same area I was in when i was the ONLY one in zone for an hour earlier today.
  17. ARCHIVED-Sayne Guest

DominoDev wrote:
    But the RoK Blue Shiny items are tradeable. I know because I bought a scroll stand to use in someone's library, and I was considering buying a couple of the pools because they're so very pretty. All of them may not be, but I can think of 5 right now that are. Keeping the shinies lore is fine, but please please please remove the no-trade tag on the rewards. It would make my day. *prays to the almighty decorating gods*
  18. ARCHIVED-Nemisiis Guest

To finish the 2 blue shiny quests you MUST either go to all of those zones and harvest the shinies OR purchase them off the broker. There are NO tiers to the blue shiny quests. You do NOT get to harvest blue shinies in Gfay after you finish the expert recognition shinies in that zone. You MUST complete the entire quest in order to harvest the blue shinies. This quest requires you to have FINISHED the TS epic. It should NOT be done in tiers any more than the other 2 should. I don't normally say this but stop whining! If you want to be able to harvest them, do the TS epic. If you don't feel like doing that, buy the collection pieces off the broker. I truly hope that this lovely benefit from the TS epic will NOT be changed. Frankly, I am sick and tired of everyone wanting things handed to them and all the easy buttons put in the game recently. Sheesh
  19. ARCHIVED-Rainy Guest

anyone know if you can find them in any zones other then Steamfont, Loping plains, barren sky, and Fens?
  20. ARCHIVED-Ohiv Guest

Rainmare@Oasis wrote:
    Thanks!! now I atleast know kind of where to look for these. I found a few in steamfont while I was doing the storms quest.