Red Shiny questions

Discussion in 'Tradeskill Discussion' started by ARCHIVED-Deggials, Jun 6, 2008.

1. ARCHIVED-Sayne Guest

Lodrelhai wrote:
    You know, as someone with her crafting epics done on her two main crafters, I think this is a great idea. My carpenter keeps meaning to go back and do the cloak quests - if she had to, I think that would be more interesting :) Unfortunately it would be a lot more work for our beloved Domino. It's a great thought, though!
  2. ARCHIVED-Valdaglerion Guest

Apsenniel@Splitpaw wrote:
    You are making it too difficult. If they did this for red shinies people would want blue shinies done the same way, meaning the expert collections would have to be broken out by tier instead of one large collection. IE "ok, I have the expert collection pieces from BBM so I should be able to see the collection pieces here now because I got my super junior kinda noobish collection goggles."
    They are called expert collections for a reason - you are an EXPERT collector. With crafting, IF you have completed your TS Epic, which I have seen done with level 5 adventurers and level 80 crafters, then you are a MASTER crafter and have EARNED the right to get those extra rewards in the game. The red shiny collections are LORE but they are not No-Trade so if you cant bear to level up to 80 and do your epic line then buy them from the broker. No additional programming needed. From what I have seen of the collection rewards for the red shinies so far, avid home designers are not going to be satisfied with 1 of these items each anyway so prepare for the rotating alt armies to come in and start selling the final rewards on the broker as well.
    With that said, Domino - I hope this means we are going to start seeing better lighting options for the crated recipes soon as well :)
  3. ARCHIVED-Domino Guest

valkry wrote:
    Hm, how about grandmaster quests from levels 20 - 50, a formal version of the tradeskill cloak, 6 different harvesting quests rewarding a choice of house items, and various revamps of tradeskilled content (such as armor and weapons) for all levels 1-80? Compared to where we were a year ago, I think there's already been added significant amount of new content for crafters of all levels. There will likely be another grandmaster quest coming at some point in the future for the level 60 range too. But there's only so many things we can do at one time. :D
  4. ARCHIVED-JesDer Guest

DominoDev wrote:
    MORE MORE MORE ;)

Can the rewards have the no-trade removed ?
  5. ARCHIVED-Xianthia Guest

I'm new to the game and I mean super new :) so please bear with me about this question, how do you get/harvest the shiny's? I'm assuming the shiny's (is that the correct term) are the area in the ground where faint rays of light are coming up from them. I know how to harvest/gather the question marks and other tradeskill stuff like trapping, foresting and the rest, but the shiny spots have stumped me. Thank you in advance for any help :)
  6. ARCHIVED-Sayne Guest

Xianthia wrote:
    We refer to them as shinys, yes When you're out walking around and you see something sparkly and glowing on the ground and it has a ? above it, that's a shiny. You just click on them and you will "harvest" them - a little box will pop up showing you what it is. If the name is in white, it means you haven't colelcted it yet, and if it's grey then you have. There are many different collection quests across Norrath that you can do - many of them are limited to a single zone, but some like the shard and bone collections come from many zones.

Edited to add: Also, "normal" shinies are yellow/golden in color. There are also blue shinies in some newer zones that you can only see by completing an "expert" collection and getting special goggles. These red ones that we're talking about are brand new as of today on live servers, and can only be seen by crafters who are level 80 and have completed the Epic Crafting questline :) I hope that helps.
  7. ARCHIVED-JesDer Guest

Xianthia wrote:
    Those are the Shiney ... they are collection items. There are currently yellow (normal), Blue (expert) and now Red (Tradeskill). There are also pages that can be found in some zones.

Edit .. should tell you what the rainbows are.. Those areas are spots you can use Scrying stones at that will pull up some treasure and zometimes mobs.
  8. ARCHIVED-Xianthia Guest

Thank you for the quick reply (and yes I understand the question mark items, i'm actually addicted to those lol), additional question. I'm specifically asking about some small patches of ground that I've noticed recently, where I can see faint rays of light emanating from the ground upward. Are those harvestable areas or just graphics in the game? :)
  9. ARCHIVED-Krystara Guest

Xianthia wrote:
    Ah, those shiny spots are a different animal entirely. To work those rainbow/glowing areas, you need a scrying stone, which you can purchase on the docks in Thundering Steppes (probably elsewhere, but I know the sneaky rat behind the building has them).
    Then you stand inside one of the glowing areas and examine your scrying stone. It digs something up, usually a treasure of some kind for vendoring, sometimes an undead that whacks on you for a bit until you kill it.
  10. ARCHIVED-Xianthia Guest

Sorry Jesdyr didn't realize you were posting a reply as I typed my added on question. So a scrying stone, how do i get that, what is the specific name, is it a crafted item, bought from broker, quest item? and then :) just because I try people's patience with the questions, how do I use the item :)
  11. ARCHIVED-Sayne Guest

Xianthia wrote:
    Oh those are a bit different :) Those are scrying spots. If you get scrying stones (the only place I can think of is on the TS docks), you can use a scrying stone in that location and something happens. Sometimes it's trapped, but sometimes I believe it'll give you an item. It's been a very long time so I can't remember exactly ^_^0 Shinys are so much better though *grin*
  12. ARCHIVED-Xianthia Guest

OMG I'm like the slowest replier ever :) thank you Lysari, i'll try that :)
  13. ARCHIVED-Xianthia Guest

Thank you Wyntre too, and all for the assist :)
  14. ARCHIVED-janmystique Guest

Sorry forgot to look on next page so missed all the answers!
  15. ARCHIVED-Domino Guest

Jesdyr@Unrest wrote:
    The lore on the collectibles, and no trade on the rewards, is just mirroring what was put into place for the blue collectibles, so it's going to match those. Since all the collectibles themselves are tradeable, it shouldn't prevent anyone from getting any collection items they really want, regardless of whether they can or choose to collect them themselves.
  16. ARCHIVED-Deggials Guest

Lodrelhai wrote:
    How about level 70 for old world zones, Level 80 for KoS, the Ts Robe for EoF and Epic for RoK zones.
    To Art-Correct me if im wrong but i think blue shineys are tiered already in that u need EoF and RoK goggles, Correct? Did u need Rok goggles to see RoK or did EoF goggles work for RoK blue shineys?
  17. ARCHIVED-Oakum Guest

You need the RoK goggles to see RoK. I remember being able to see EoF shiny's with the RoK goggles but I do have both sets, Just the RoK was equped. Not sure if someone who has not done the EoF one can see them by just doing the RoK collection or not.
  18. ARCHIVED-Zehl_Ice-Fire Guest

did they make it in the update? I've been around almost every island in barren sky, no dice, with my earring on, no one else in zone who could have ganked them.
  19. ARCHIVED-JesDer Guest

DominoDev wrote:
    Thats fine ... doesn't hurt to ask :)
  20. ARCHIVED-Domino Guest

Zehl_Ice-Fire wrote:
    Well, I'm up here on my level 37 adventurer now and I've already got 3 of the collectibles from Barren Sky, so I would say they are present and accounted for, not to mention quite obtainable by lower adventure levels. :D As long as your server has been updated with GU46, of course (not sure if it's on the European servers yet).