Red Shiny questions

Discussion in 'Tradeskill Discussion' started by ARCHIVED-Deggials, Jun 6, 2008.

1. ARCHIVED-BrotherCool Guest

Nebbie wrote:
    forgive me, but you are wrong.
    i have a 40 armorer (80 ranger) found several on test. the pieces i found were part of lvl 80 collections.
  2. ARCHIVED-Nebbie Guest

Stormflint@Mistmoore wrote:
    Odd, I just started playing on Test so I do not have a character high enough level to test the red shiny feature yet, so I added my 80 Warden/Sage to Test Copy server. I equipped the Earring of Solstice, found a red shiny and before I harvested it I unequipped the Earring... sure enough, the red shiny disappeared. Worked the same as goggles with blue shinies. I don't even know what to say at this point... /shrug
  3. ARCHIVED-MW2K2 Guest

Stormflint@Mistmoore wrote:
    How long ago was that? I think you'll find, unless they've reverted it, that they "fixed" this more recently and anyone without the Solstice earring can no longer see the red glowies. This is also confirmed by those on Test now who like you, use to see them with lowbie crafters when they were first put in, but can no longer.

I'll also state that I confirmed this myself when I went to Test-Copy last night to finish each of these collections to post pics in the Homeshow forum. I took my earring off and could no longer see the glowy. Put it back on and there it was.
  4. ARCHIVED-SilkenKidden Guest

Nebbie wrote:
    Well, I'll be out there first thing after the GU is available, with my great earring glowing in my ear and maybe I'll wear my blue goggles just for gl. I hope they are limited to master crafters, although it does seem that the majority of players now-a-days are proudly wearing master crafter robes and the title.
  5. ARCHIVED-Deggials Guest

Nebbie wrote:
    Can we please just get it available to those who have done the mara ts quests or DoF court quests , must everything revolve around Rok and Ts Epic these days and leave the low adventure crafters hung out to dry i.e the missing 5 hour provy recipes (all in essentials since tier 4) ?
  6. ARCHIVED-Sayne Guest

Deggials wrote:
    Well, the idea is to have the red shiny collections available to high level crafters who have met a steep requirement - much like blue shiny collections require a large series of rare collections from many zones. They're not exactly comparable.

And I'm not sure how being a low-adventuring crafter has anything to do with it - my troubador completed her Carpenter epic at level 35, and she has 30k faction with all of the factions in RoK. Yes, it took a lot of time and dedication, but that's part of what being a Master Carpenter is about for her. It was easier for my Provisioner since she was about a level 72 wizard when she completed her epic, but I feel more rewarded with my carpenter because I worked so hard to get there. It's nice to know we'll be getting even further rewards for working so hard to get our crafting epics (though the ones we have are absolutely superb already). There's no reason at all that a low-level adventurer/high level crafter can't enjoy these rewards. I know my carpenter will ;)
  7. ARCHIVED-Deggials Guest

Wyntre@Kithicor wrote:
    Yet the Blue shinys started with EoF and didnt jump right to RoK , Why not start with DoF or Mara then RoK and having an epic requirement , it could follow some progression at least.
  8. ARCHIVED-Ohiv Guest

Deggials wrote:
    I think the requirements are just fine, I think what you are forgetting is that soe might just be adding yet another set of shinies for those that finished their fabled/mythical weapons yet.. Anyways the requirements as they are, are achievable via low and highlevel adventurers. The only main difference is you just can't "buy" the ability to see them like the blue goggles which is a fair argument, but then again that arguement is trying to say adding anything new to the game is bad. Considering where these are going to be placed I don't think it would be wise for a lowlevel adventure to get them, but hey who am I to say how someone should or shouldn't play this game.
  9. ARCHIVED-Domino Guest

Ohiv wrote:
    They're intentionally placed so that low adventure levels can get them, if they're willing to use their powers of observation and take a few risks. Risks are fun. Obviously it will be safer for high adventure levels, most things are, but adventuring is definitely not required.
  10. ARCHIVED-janmystique Guest

The epic ts quest was doable by low level alts. Now I can say that I did this all alone and unaided with a level 20 something berserker. I died a few times in The Fens but otherwise did all the ts quests going on my own. Then I settled down to do the writs in Bath Watch and now have all the PoP updates except the weaponsmith and armoursmith - so watch out on Splitpaw! I have two alts who have finished the quest but obviously can't do the updates myself. There again, if I had two accounts with twelve level 80 adventurers in each, I wouldn't expect to be able to put my own raid together.
    So now the red shinies. My best solo adventurer is my level 80 necro but she hasn't reached the top of her ts yet. The other level 80 is my warden who is an indifferent soloer. But we can do it with low level adventurers? OK suits me - until I find differently - than I will complain!
    If it is possible to do these quests etc solo (and so far I know that it is), then I don't feel we can complain. What we can say is they we chose not to do it because we don't like it. So far I haven't seen anything in the ts part of the game that I feel is too onerous, especially given that this is a multiplayer game. I never spoke on the chat channels before PoP - now I speak, not only on PoP matters, but also on others. Can't we accept that there is going to be things in the game that we do not like? We longed for ts to be developed and now it is being. Given the nature of things, it is likely that the more Sony put in, the more likely we are to find things that we either can't do as an individual or that we don't like and therefore, chose not to do.
  11. ARCHIVED-JesDer Guest

DominoDev wrote:
    Yah .. the most successful collection farmers are level 1-5 speedhackers .... Oh wait ... ;)

This has finally made me work on getting the Epic with my Sage who is my main adventurer and my shiney seeker. She even has the burynai Illusion to help .. we all know burynai have better luck with shiney !
  12. ARCHIVED-Rijacki Guest

Jesdyr@Unrest wrote:
    I've gotten more motivated, too, to get my tailor epic with my coercer (she's 75 now) and will finish getting Rijacki's, too( she's got a couple of the crafted bits for it.. I lost steam, though, when my boyfriend got his alchemist bit less than 1 day before I finished my push to 80 (yes, because I wanted to help him on his tailor epic and I -had- told him why I was making the push on levels and faction) and started mine so I could do his combine). It's also got me considering the tradeskill levels of my other alts.

Now... umm.. where can I requisition more hours in the day?
  13. ARCHIVED-Valdaglerion Guest

Ok, Earring of Solstice needed to get the Red Shinies - kudos. Something nice for those who have reached teh current pinnacle of crafting.
    Placing the red shinies where low level adventurers yet high level crafters can get to them with patience and skill - kudos. Shouldnt be easy for low level adventurers. Again, players with hybrid toons have put in more effort they should reap more rewards, nicely done.
    Making the red shinies LORE - booooo! I hate the lore tag on these things. With collectibles now being treated as treasure with pop up windows they are a pain. Now if you go on shiny runs to collect the pieces you are missing you also have to keep a bag window open to stop and destroy the crap you dont need so you can continue to repop the spawns. This is become a major PITA and is sucking the fun out of collecting. Many players initiatally stated with teh treasured discussion for collectibles it needed a toggle to become an auto loot when soloing, etc. This was not put in and its made collections a hassle of playing whack a mole with the loot windows. Then you changed blue shinies to Lore and now the red ones too. This is becoming too much of a pain. We NEED toggles for these things to auto loot and auto destory lore that arent needed. Again, TOGGLES so those wishing to play the game for entertainment can proceed around the mechanisms put in place to stop the farmers etc. Give us back the fun of collections please. Thanks.
  14. ARCHIVED-JesDer Guest

Rijacki wrote:
    Whenever I want to motivate myself to craft I talk to Selura on unrest. She is leveling a guild alone and does something like 50+ rushorder writs a day. She is 3rd on the WW status leaderboard rightnow. Compared to that, I am a huge slacker :)
  15. ARCHIVED-Noaani Guest

Artemiz@The Bazaar wrote:
    I would wager that all hidden collections added to the game would be made lore from now on.
    As to your concerns...
    The majority of these shinys will be hunted outside of groups, so the group lotto thing with them is less of an issue.
    If you get a shiny that you do not want, simply decline looting it and go off to find the next one. In theory, 2 minutes after a hidden shiny is declined, it despawns and respawns at another one of its spawn locations (this works for blue, haven't tested it on test with these, but it would be logical).
    If you are out harvesting them to fill your last one in a collection, simply decline any you come across that are not the ones you need. Incidently, this method is supposed to be faster than harvesting then destrpying them, as the respawn for them is more than 5 minutes.
    Having shinys on auto loot when soloing would be good, though it would be counter productive for hidden collections, as stated above. having it check to see if you have the particular piece on you, and then instantly assuming you decline, however (and thus starting the countdown for respawn), would be a good idea.
  16. ARCHIVED-valkry Guest

Deggials wrote:
    I have to second this. If this is ONLY for people have completed their epics...fine, but please, please, PLEASE stop using terms like 'high lvl crafter.' It is for EPIC crafters, not high lvl. I have 3 crafters in their 60s... I am high lvl (I'm just not epic). I've gotten my mara quests, I'm having fun along the way with all my crafters. Why the rush to get to 'end game'...? /checks to see if somehow her account ended up other that other unmentionable game, Wo....
    Please, Domino...we've had to deal with epics (which while 'fun' for some low lvl folks, are concidered a bit sadisitic by other), we've had manikins that require either harvesting (or purchase) of very high tier rares, can we please get something for crafters who have gotten their first cloak, but haven't gotten to their epic yet?
  17. ARCHIVED-janmystique Guest

valkry wrote:
    I think that ts quests that give advanced recipe books at the higher levels would be good. Recently, I couldn't get Advanced Sage 59 at any price off the broker. This morning I looked for 61 and that wasn't on the broker either. Haven't looked at the 70s yet. As I recall, I ran out of quests at the 40s level.
  18. ARCHIVED-valkry Guest

Apsenniel@Splitpaw wrote:
    That too.
  19. ARCHIVED-Lodrelhai Guest

Deggials wrote:
    Ah, but when the blue shinys came in, they did not retroactively add them to DoF, KoS, or base-game, nor did they add a way to get the goggles from those zones. Newest toy requires content from newest release is not uncommon.

That said, I wouldn't mind it being done in a tiered fashion, if there's any way to do that? Say, to get red shinys from Steamfont, you need to have the first TS cloak, while Loping Plains requires the Earring of the Solstice, and in-between zones might require either the second TS cloak or the crafting tool from Mara?
  20. ARCHIVED-janmystique Guest

Lodrelhai wrote:
    That sounds a good idea. Any way though, I am getting excited!