Red Shiny questions

Discussion in 'Tradeskill Discussion' started by ARCHIVED-Deggials, Jun 6, 2008.

1. ARCHIVED-Deggials Guest

Will the Red shinys be in all zones or only rok zones?
    Will Divining rods be able to track them (if rods are fixed?)
    Will u need any goggles to see the red shineys or are they quest triggered (i.e only someone with the quest can see)?
  2. ARCHIVED-Looker1010 Guest

I can only answer part of the lquestions. Was on test last night, in Steamfont, which is an EOF zone. Red shinies all over the place. No goggles needed to see them.
  3. ARCHIVED-LadyGalasya Guest

Unfortuneately the red shineys are bugged so we can not test them properly as to whom can and can not see them there are however a few zones that have confirmed spawns on red shineys....Fens, Barren Sky, Bonemire, Steamfont and Loping Plains so far

*****DISCLAIMER**********

This is on test at the moment and is subject to change with or without notice
  4. ARCHIVED-Scribbler-rj Guest

Deggials wrote:
    I was under the impression that divining rods were fixed...that's why they no longer see shineys anymore, because they weren't originally intended to.
  5. ARCHIVED-Deggials Guest

LadyGalasya wrote:
    Hopefully there will be places low adventure crafters can go as most of the stuff i see lately is going into rok or towards high adventure level crafters.
  6. ARCHIVED-Freliant Guest

Mariss@Nektulos wrote:
    I was under the same impression, but they had a "vision" change and decided to allow shinies to be detectable by the gnomish divining rod.
  7. ARCHIVED-Miladian Guest

Deggials wrote:
    Steamfont would probably be considered mid level at least, 30-45 or so, so definitely not high level. Some of the collection quests can't be done NOW by lower level characters other than buying from the broker or risking life and limb being somewhere you shouldn't be.
  8. ARCHIVED-SilkenKidden Guest

Deggials wrote:
    Red shinies? What are they? Do you need goggles to see them. What do they produce that is different from white shinies and blue shinies?
  9. ARCHIVED-ke'la Guest

Silken@Butcherblock wrote:
    They are part crafter shinies and apparently you have to be a crafter to see them. What level crafter we don't know
  10. ARCHIVED-LadyGalasya Guest

Silken@Butcherblock wrote:
    The red shineys are on test only and nothing about them is concrete. They as of now do not need goggles or anything and they produce totally new and exotic rewards. again the disclaimer is that this is ONLY on test and may change before going live or may not make it live at all
  11. ARCHIVED-LadyGalasya Guest

Deggials wrote:
    as of this morning on test they were trackable via a Divining Rod
  12. ARCHIVED-Cusashorn Guest

The patch notes say that only high level crafters can see these shineys.

The question is: How high is "high"? Will we begin to see the shineys at the level that the collection is based off of? Such as, if the Steamfont red shineys register as a level 35 collection quest, will we have to be 35 to see them?
    I'm level 80, so it doesn't matter to me, but I'd like to know just when crafters will begin to see them.
  13. ARCHIVED-Wilde_Night Guest

And will we have to finish our crafting epic to be able to see them? I've been an 80 Provisioner for a while now, but have not gotten around to even starting my crafting epic questline.
  14. ARCHIVED-Tikku Lilledrum Guest

Red shinies? OMG!

You know there is this wild dream of a nice in game bug I still hold on to that one day I log in my toon, stumble out of my inn room still a little sleepy, say hi to the bank fellow and walk outside into a sunlit Baubbleshire filled to the brim with shinies on every square inch. But this is almost as good.:)
  15. ARCHIVED-tkia Guest

I logged my 41 sage onto test copy this morning and she's seeing red shineys fine in Steamfont.
  16. ARCHIVED-DarrkElf Guest

Does anyone know if this will also apply to crafters that have a secondary crafting profession such as Tinkerer or Transmuter?
    I have a T8 Transmuter, but my Sage is only a baby at lvl 24 :p
  17. ARCHIVED-KerowynnKaotic Guest

DarrkElf wrote:
    You'll need to work on your Sage Level. You will need something only a high level Main Crafting Class will be able to get.
    *grin*
  18. ARCHIVED-Valdaglerion Guest

I just checked every inch of steamfont and not a single red shiny although the normal yellow and blues are where they normally are. Can these still be seen on test? 80 sage with epic completed.
    Something tricky about seeing them?
  19. ARCHIVED-PhreakeVE Guest

On test server right now. Confirmed 1 red shiney. Only been logged in for a few minutes.. so they are still there.
  20. ARCHIVED-Nebbie Guest

You must have the Earring of Solstice (epic tradeskill reward) equipped in order to see the red shinies.